++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Battle Bunnies blog has a quick quide on the Iron Warriors Banner from the recent FW Transfer release.

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/applying-banner-transfers-to-heresy.html?m=1

Also one my friends pick this up for me while they where on holiday, not sure if they saw it or ask for it as it was drop off with another friend.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC00048_zpsdcvwkcyq.jpg

Just trying to plan what model I want to paint during my own time off.  Starting from Friday until Tuesday 8th Sept.  There a Bloodthister, second Vindicator or 2x Leman Russ.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumour from the Forge World Open day Amsterdam & Atia FW open day topic

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313298-fw-open-day-2015-amsterdam-heads-up/

+Raven Guard Dark Furies are finished (but not shown), Iron Warriors Siege Tyrant Terminators are in WIP stage.

+Looks like Book VI will include both the Shattered Legions - and an early Dark Mechanicus list (finally! but it seems rules only, no new models)

+Book VI is still scheduled as said back at the last events, Retalitation with Shattered Legions vs Iron Warriors.
+HH Masterclass book - scheduled around christmas

+Regarding Skitarii/Cult Mechanicus: They are working on dark mechanicum first

+Also, you won't see daemon engines or stuff in the Dark Mechanicus list for now - these are later in the Heresy.

I'm really looking forward to seen the Siege Tyrant models & convert them to tie in with my Chaos era Iron Warriors force.  Be pretty cool to see what done with the Dark Mechanicus

Also just took my Iron Warriors to there first event this year, really great day & just great way to spend my birthday

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/11990389_1195545557138867_1074618476149368561_n_zpskc2dr8dg.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/10330514_1195545510472205_1493458258810643343_n_zpsy74qnnlv.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/11781648_1195545213805568_7360124123109347044_n_zps4qh87nv0.jpg

Was hoping spend yesterday building the Leman Russ I got for my birthday & the Sentinal for the Chaos Guard side of my army.  But ended up with a really bad headache, I don't re-act well toward really sunny &/or warm/hot weather & cause this or nose bleeds.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC00042_zpsffxa0plf.jpg

Chaos Guard army so far to go with my Iron Warriors & as a stand alone army.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC00043_zpswqrtqz4z.jpg

So hopeful get that done during today, while also painting the Bloodthister I recent bought last weekend to paint during my week off.

Also just took my Iron Warriors to there first event this year, really great day & just great way to spend my birthday

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/11990389_1195545557138867_1074618476149368561_n_zpskc2dr8dg.jpg

Glorious army – just fantastic. That photograph really evokes 40k for me.

Fellow Warsmiths, I have just posted this vow in the Call of Chaos:

I, Warsmith Aznable, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete a Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought before December 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Spilled Blood and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

This Dreadnought is a penance to my brothers of the IV Legion for my broken oath in the ETL. If I should further disgrace the Primarch, his Legion, and my fellow Warsmiths with another broken oath by failing this Call of Chaos, I will submit myself to the humiliation of creating a WIP thread in the Imperial Fists subforum wherein I will assemble and paint a Captain Darnath Lysander model.

Keeping me honest in my penance to you with further threat of humiliation...

Fellow Warsmiths, I have just posted this vow in the Call of Chaos:

I, Warsmith Aznable, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete a Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought before December 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Spilled Blood and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

This Dreadnought is a penance to my brothers of the IV Legion for my broken oath in the ETL. If I should further disgrace the Primarch, his Legion, and my fellow Warsmiths with another broken oath by failing this Call of Chaos, I will submit myself to the humiliation of creating a WIP thread in the Imperial Fists subforum wherein I will assemble and paint a Captain Darnath Lysander model.

Don't worry we'll make sure you complete the vow for Call of Chaos :D  Have you got a photo of the Dreadnought built yet?

I'm aim get a lot of my Chaos Guard painted up for call of chaos just have my 1850pts force complete & get some games.  Just two more models to buy which I'll hopeful get over the next few weeks.

Don't worry we'll make sure you complete the vow for Call of Chaos :D Have you got a photo of the Dreadnought built yet?

Still putting the finishing touches on the build, so nothing new to show yet. Been kind of sidetracked by work, home improvements, and my other hobby (kendo) lately, but I'll get the last few bits on soonish.

Though I show some photos of my Chaos Guards - Thorakitai Company - I've been painting for Call of Chaos during today. Rest progress photos from today can be seen on my - Iron Warriors 5th Grand Company - army log before they got the Forge World weather powder added.

Still got a few things left to paint - Icon & squad marking. Just wanted the models varnish today & add weather powder due to how long the MIG pigmint fixer can take to dry with each layer of weather powder.

I, Kythnos, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Demon Prince, 1 Chaos Lord, 10 Noise Marines (incl. 1 Champ, 2 Blastmasters and additional Sonic Blasters), 3 Kyborgs, 1 Renegade Bombard and 1 Renegade Basilisk before December 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Spilled Blood and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Iron Within! Iron Without!

For the IVth! Whom of my fellow Warsmiths are following the Call too?

It has been a long time since I posted anything. Between fighting my cancer (again), being retired from the military, empty-nesting my two adult children, and moving from Virginia back to New Jersey; it has been one crazy year. I have finally unpacked all my Iron Warriors (and Dark Angels) and managed to get a few games in and some painting done.

Here is my Heldrake 'Steelblaze' finally complete with base. Let me know what you think.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/fmcbide4/Steelblaze/CD7C5EC8-0FA3-4FCA-8057-AF9786684226.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/fmcbide4/Steelblaze/09672387-7D71-457A-8940-B913987B2761.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/fmcbide4/Steelblaze/E4FFCD82-53B2-4D3B-A057-3292532D7A2C.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/fmcbide4/Steelblaze/C04AC329-A16F-4E16-90BE-98B256CE7B1A.jpg

Fulminata - Sorry hear about stuff going on & hope all get better in the future.  Heldrake model looking really cool, did you tape off the area you where painting with the yellow & black?

warboss aidna0510 - I'll get that update now.

Hey hey!,

Hope I'm in the right place!  I'm having a hard time figuring my way around what is good and what is not and all as I'm fresh to 40k.  I really dig the Iron Warriors though, however, when I got a chunk of my stuff I was in a big Death Guard phase!  As such, I'm rockin' two units of Plague Marines and a Nurgle DP already.  Now, I suppose I could roll DG but I really like me some IW.  I've heard that IW would be okay with some cultists troops floating around (and there seems to be a handful of Nurgle devotees from what I've seen already).  However, I'm trying to figure out how their armour would be.  Would Cultist troops be wearing the IW colours and then only their embelishments be their patron's colours, or would they be decked out in their godly colours or whatever with only like an IW shoulder pad?

I'm not sure this makes much difference!  But, I'd like to figure it out before I start painting at stuff!

I've been looking through the Codex and through some FW stuff and that MoN seems to be really darn good.  If what I've read is true (and I've seen it in many places!) the CSM Codex suffers, so it seems like it'd be hard to pass up, but I just like the fluff/feel/look of IW so much more.  What do you guys end up running your forces as?  Unmarked?  Or a mixture?

Thanks for any help!

Hey hey!,

Hope I'm in the right place!  I'm having a hard time figuring my way around what is good and what is not and all as I'm fresh to 40k.  I really dig the Iron Warriors though, however, when I got a chunk of my stuff I was in a big Death Guard phase!  As such, I'm rockin' two units of Plague Marines and a Nurgle DP already.  Now, I suppose I could roll DG but I really like me some IW.  I've heard that IW would be okay with some cultists troops floating around (and there seems to be a handful of Nurgle devotees from what I've seen already).  However, I'm trying to figure out how their armour would be.  Would Cultist troops be wearing the IW colours and then only their embelishments be their patron's colours, or would they be decked out in their godly colours or whatever with only like an IW shoulder pad?

I'm not sure this makes much difference!  But, I'd like to figure it out before I start painting at stuff!

I've been looking through the Codex and through some FW stuff and that MoN seems to be really darn good.  If what I've read is true (and I've seen it in many places!) the CSM Codex suffers, so it seems like it'd be hard to pass up, but I just like the fluff/feel/look of IW so much more.  What do you guys end up running your forces as?  Unmarked?  Or a mixture?

Thanks for any help!

Welcome! If you'd ask me, the cultists wear whatever suits them, and their IW masters really don;t give two :cusss about it. I say just go with what looks good with the rest of your warband. Mark of Nurgle is really good indeed - especially on bikers. I'm more of a Night Lords player, but they have in common with the IWs that they are totally unaligned, yet can still rock cult-units. Nurgle bikers are a good choice, as are Nurgle DPs and perhaps plague marines. :tu:

Thanks for the response!

Actually, I think I meant to ask what Cult Troops would be wearing, not cultists!  Sorry!  So, in the case of the PMs that I have - would they be in the IW colours with Nurgle shoulder pads or the Nurgle colours with IW shoulder pads?  Or is that up to the squad and where it came from (in other words, my choice)?  I'm not sure if these things matter or not, but I thought I'd check with the professionals!

There's a lot of ways you could go, and it's really up to you.

You could do IV Legion Plague Marines, for example, in the regular colour scheme but with heavy rust and leaking oil, and maybe Nurgle appropriate helmets (mono-eye or mono-horn conversions), maybe carve the two-toe split hoof into the feet.

The two important things are that it's visually distinct so your opponent can't say you're trying to gain unfair advantage, and that you're happy with the result.

Ah right. Yes, goodwin, indeed what has been said by Aznable. Don't constrain yourself by thinking there are 'Nurgle colours'. They come in all colours! Last ETL showed that it's perfectly possible to get a convincing Nurgle figure in a half/half orange and pink colour scheme. To ge back to my Night Lords (sorry guys, but that's what i have most experience with) I used a more subdued blue and rust effects for my NIght Lords Plague Marines. Aznable's advice to go for more rust could be expanded upon with weathering powders for the Iron Warriors Nurgle units. You could also try sculpting some pustules (very easy, check out youtube for some tutorials) with greenstuff. Perhaps you could paint all the cables of your PMs like they were fleshy tentacles, or even replace the torso's with the FW plague marine torso's, and use an IW colour scheme on them. :tu:

Hey hey,

Thanks for the tips guys!  I'm actually doing up a test Plague Marine right now.  Usually I just go bawls out and start painting but I'm trying to give the army some more thought then previous armies. :p

Diggin' it so far!  I'll get a picture up as soon as I can. Thanks again!

In a fit of insanity, I ordered 9 mutilators.

They arrived yesterday, and I am chopping them up to make them stand tall.

One will probably become a daemon prince for my IW with Raptor jet turbines.

Good luck I kind of want to get some mutilators myself

Thanks!

I like the concept, hopefully they get better in the next book!

Yep. You've definitely lost your mind.

I like the concept, hopefully they get better in the next book!

I love the concept, too. 2W TEQ built for choppy-ness! I was intrigued when I first saw them, and I admit that I've got 3 GK Terminators destined to become conversion bases. I like the idea of the distraction Mutilator, and I sincerely wish they could be taken in larger units and were costed to do that. I also hope they fix them in the next iteration, but I don't think that they will unless they come up with new kits for them. They really phoned in everything about them.

Yep. You've definitely lost your mind.

I diiiid get a pretty good deal on them, which is the only reason I purchased, new in box at 50% retail :D

I also have enough spare heavy weapons to make them into obliterators if I chicken out!

They really phoned in everything about them.

There is one sculpt that is new, I think, that I hadnt seen in the obliterators, but I might be wrong, but yes, they are as terrible as the original metal possessed.

That said, they have gone to lengths to show that they aren't actually sprouting a power sword, chain fist etc, just making a weapon with the same effect, so there are weird powered crab claws and scythe limbs.

Hey hey!,

Thanks for any help!

With Nurgle Marines & Legion. - Main thing is, end of the day your taken models you enjoy building & paint as well as gaming with.  You can always make up the theme to tie in.

ADB Night Lord serise show few memeber in Talons First Claw who are going down set path like Khorne & Slannesh(?) for exsample.  My own Iron Warriors Grand Company has a lot Khorne units & model added.

Just to say - If you've though of painting them in IW colours.  I've recently been thinking converting up a Destroyer unit (Horus Heresy) in my chaos era force.  They would follow the Nurgle Marine rules.

Colour wise, I was going to paint them like my standard Iron Warriors.  But I was going to mix medium with Typhus Corrsion so it a bit more water like & wash that over the armour.  Once that was dry, highlight (light dry brush) with runefang steel.  Then I was thinking of possible useing foam & stipple on Ryza Rush, also possible add a bit of the rust weather powder Forge World sell?

It just to try show it a lot more beaten up & sort rotten metal.  Maybe look that the Oath Broken warband from Black Legion supplament for idea for that sort theme/image.

But as said go for the models you enjoy.  Nothing better in my view than looking that your whole army & just been happy with hard work you've put into every model & just enjoyment in games.

Also quickly ask - Has any moving or trying out 32mm base on there models?  I'm looking that putting my power armour Iron Warriors models onto 32mm base recently.  They will keep there current base, but have the edge cut out & glue onto the 32mm base.  Just somthing about the 32mm base image wise.

Also how everyone Call of Chaos vows getting on?

Edited by Insane Psychopath