++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Yeah, the rules for the Iron Circle are in the newest legions red book.

The CRUSADE IMPERIALIS: ARMY LISTS?

Thats not the Legion Red Book.

The Age of Darkness Legions is.

The other one is only for Solar Aux, Milita/Cult and Questoris Knights.

Ah. Right. I get confused, because the Age of Darkness books says it is to be used alongside its companion book, The Horus Heresy Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List, which either doesn't exist yet or isn't sold anymore. Mind you, I'm only just getting into the Heresy, so I have little to no experience or knowledge with the mechanics or rules books.

Ah. Right. I get confused, because the Age of Darkness books says it is to be used alongside its companion book, The Horus Heresy Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List, which either doesn't exist yet or isn't sold anymore. Mind you, I'm only just getting into the Heresy, so I have little to no experience or knowledge with the mechanics or rules books.

Check the "What books do you need" topic in AoD. The Age of Darkness Armylist book doesn't exist yet  - it will be sold at the FW Weekender.

Edited by Slipstreams

While I most likely will never be able to do 30k to the extent that I want to (read: buy wayyyy to much) I'll most likely use perty and his iron circle in apoc battles in the near future, looks like FW will be getting more money from me.

Just recently decided to run the Iron Warriors as my main HH army, but am now in the planning stage for the 281st Grand Company. Unfortunately I can't find my HH books from black library and I never bought the big books from Forge World (too damn expensive) so I'm having a bit of trouble with the fluff. In the fluff, what is the opinion/frequency of Librarians in the IVth Legion? I think I remember Perturabo having a strong distrust of psykers and culling them from his sons, but I could be confusing him with Mortarion (who is my second favorite Primarch/Legion).

Edited by BloodFox

@Bloodfox

I looked through book three of the FW series and found no reference to any librarian division. The only thing that comes close is when Perturabo said he was sad that the first structure the Emperor wants him to build outside of Olympia is used to condom Magnus whom he considered him a friend. Any other reference to psykers comes in the 40k books, most notable being Storm of Iron. I will say that it is widely known/stated multiple times that the IW geneseed is one of the most stable geneseeds that was out there, not to mention it was one of the easiest to implant in regards to the level of rejections they were getting, this making it easier for more recruits to be brought in and depending on that human could potentially be a pysker. 

It's also been stated in other books (can't remember which but the ones that mention Nikea) that Magnus/Khan/Sanguinious wanted to have a division of them in all of the Legions which Mortarion was completely against and disbanded his own. But at the same time the IW were extremely rigid to the unit structures of the Great Crusade Legions as they left Terra. They were never ones to deviate from that unlike other Legions, so theoretically if they were ordered by the Emperor/Crusade command to have a Librarius Division they could have had one. Once Perturabo came around however he tossed everything to the wayside and completely reorganized the entire Legion to suit his needs. Given how vague all of the timing is on things...it is possible the 4th had a librarian division however given the turn around on casualties I doubt that many would live long given the nature of siege warfare and how uncaring the IW became towards the loss of life so long as victory was won. 

TLDR

Yeah they could have them, nothing says they couldn't, but nothing said they did.

Hey chaps, thought I'd post up some of the Footsore 242nd Company:

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_2574.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

...and the latest addition, the Wormwood Tyrant, the Lord of Iron, Perturabo.

IMG_3471.JPG

Dude how did you paint these? Thats exactly the look im trying to get with mine.

Oh yeah, Slave has now joined the ranks of the Iron Warriors :)

• 2 weeks later...

So my friend just told me over on facebook.  Titan comic shown some recent post for there Warhammer 40'000 comic that due for release in October.  It look like the I Legion will be against the IV Legion :D

http://titancomics.tumblr.com/post/147096222307/titan-comics-reveals-creative-team-for-new

Also finial got a bit time today to start work, building the Knights I got back in April from the Renegade box set.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/2016/DSC00040_zpswbyofbpk.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/2016/DSC00043_zps8rutofc0.jpg

There still a lot work get done, lot of battle damage to add to them.  I've got the Chaos renegade brass etch on order, along side a Dreadclaw that'll be transport for my brand new unit of Chosen.

I think right now I'm looking add

• Maulerfiend for Throne of Skulls in Septemeber. 
  • Iron Warriors Possessed for Throne of Skulls.  Going to theme them on mini Obliterators, the first stage.  They'll act as bodyguard for my Warpsmith in my unbound army list for the event.  Also just a unit I never really use since my Black Legion back 1996-1999?
  • Try pick up another Iron Circle model when I'm that Warhammer World for Throne of Skulls.  There just really cool models.

Then it just waiting on those new Iron Warriors dice & pray to the Lord of Iron they roll really well in games :D

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since i've last posted up any members of my grand company, and since that time i have added in some new support. This is where im sitting at right now with my Iron Warriors. The knight is currently sitting im Limbo for armament, im not sure if i want to go the forgewold route of a chaos knight, or just go renegade now. Im planning on finding some extra armour for the rhinos, and I'm also thinking of some brass etch. Still debating what sort of style i want to go with for basing them.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/9/819282_sm-IW%20full%20wip.jpeg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/9/819284_sm-CSM.jpeg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/9/819285_sm-CSM%20two.jpeg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/9/819286_sm-Raptors.jpeg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/9/819287_sm-Raptors%20two.jpeg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/9/819288_sm-Maulerfiend%20.jpeg

gallery_77459_12304_328957.png

“Brothers of the Iron Fourth! Sons of Perturabo! The cowardly Imperial Fists are drawing recruits and shoring up their defenses, getting ready to weather the assault of that commander of the Black Legion.
Will we let the lily-livered lapdogs of the False Emperor cower behind their walls? Will we let our cousins in black get all the glory? NO! For we are the IVth Legion, the Iron Warriors! We shall tear down their walls, and burn their cities to the ground! We shall humiliate them, and teach them fear!

We shall make them pay!!!

IRON WITHIN!!!”

+ IRON WITHOUT +

I do not have anything to contribute as of yet except this poem which I composed in honour of the IVth on a whim when deciding a legion to pick (guess which one I chose :wink:):

Of ancient times a tale is told
A Legion strong, in battle cold
Victory bought with bodies sold
Sent to war and never rest
Vows did fail against the test
Of evil eye and eagle bright
A shadow fell on iron's might
The Iron Lord, his soul ablaze
Turned on those whom he once saved
His wrath unleashed across the land
And none who dared to fight could stand
Against the Iron Tyrant's hand
But ages pass, and time flows by
Honor and glory long since die
Legends fade into the dust
And iron too in time doth rust
But from the Underworld a cry
A terrible voice of days gone by
That fills the heart with dread and doubt

IRON WITHIN
IRON WITHOUT

Hope you enjoy this meager offering.

9/18/2016: Updated some of text to sound a little better rolling off the tongue.

Edited by Wayniac

I do not have anything to contribute as of yet except this poem which I composed in honour of the IVth on a whim when deciding a legion to pick (guess which one I chose :wink:):

Of ancient times a tale is told

A Legion strong, in battle cold
Victories bought with bodies sold
Sent to war and never rest
Vows did fail against the test
Of evil eye and eagle bright
A shadow fell on iron's might
The Iron Lord, his soul ablaze
Turned on those whom he once saved
With wrath unleashed across the land
And none who dared to fight could stand
Against the Iron Tyrant's hand
But ages pass, and time flows by
Honor and glory long since died
Legends fade into the dust
And even iron in time must rust
Yet now from the Underworld a cry
A terrible voice of days gone by
That fills those who hear with dread and doubt
IRON WITHIN
IRON WITHOUT

Hope you enjoy this meager offering.

Sounds like you'd be a prime candidate for the Iron Without painting contest :devil:

Great to read some great poetry

Last weekend I was able to attend a Single Day Tournament.. I took a very fluffy list for the Iron Warriors. The list I ran used a mix of Chaos Marines and Renegades and Heretics. Both using the Purge detachment for the 4 Heavy Support options, which I then filled with Defilers and Forgefiends.

gallery_63905_11231_235413.jpg

The list worked quite well, I won 1 first game against KDK... (Including a moment when the Helbrute gave a Knight a loving Death Hug) then I played a Tau Elder player (Riptide wing + Forgeworld Riptides and then a hole pile of jet bikes and hornets) which I was able to mostly wipe out... but he got the win as well my army did damage but wasnt able to put the final blow on the last of the riptides... and the other game was against Imperial Knights (all FW knights) good game but as he got victory points for destorying heavy support choices, so was a very uphill game for me...

Under the cut are more photos for the event

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_1024051.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1039803.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_887110.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_649691.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_787657.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1400971.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1424306.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

gallery_77459_12304_328957.png

“Brothers of the Iron Fourth! Sons of Perturabo! The cowardly Imperial Fists are drawing recruits and shoring up their defenses, getting ready to weather the assault of that commander of the Black Legion.

Will we let the lily-livered lapdogs of the False Emperor cower behind their walls? Will we let our cousins in black get all the glory? NO! For we are the IVth Legion, the Iron Warriors! We shall tear down their walls, and burn their cities to the ground! We shall humiliate them, and teach them fear!

We shall make them pay!!!

IRON WITHIN!!!”

+ IRON WITHOUT +

++ONLY A WEEK LEFT TO MAKE YOUR FIRST VOW!++

Hello everyone.  

After picking the brains of a fellow chaos vets, the war band that fit my dream would be iron warriors.  This is a combination of my remaining chaos space marines and renegade forces.  The setting is M31-34, right after the heresy, but enough time to convert/add some daemon engines to the force.  Also, I can use the army for 30k/40k.  Saying that, this is more of a hobby project, then gaming. This is what I have currently

Iron Warriors

betrayal at calth(getting one soon for them)

1 apoc

1 vin

a lot of chaos daemon engines(2 maulers, 1 drake, 1 grinder)

20 termi (thinking siege tyrants)

Renegades and heretics

130 guardsmen

5 valkeryies

8 chimeras

3 russes 

2 manticores/death strike

2 hydras

20 heavy weapons team

3 heavy ordnance teams

Questions

First question are the cultist/paltoon scheme.  They are enforcer torso with cadian parts.  I was thinking silver plates/backpack, bronze/god helmet, trench bases.  I was thinking clothing would be grey or khaki, or brown(light or dark) thoughts on which one?

Second, what to use as spawns count as model wises?

Third: For the plasma color:  light blue or orange?  I am painting them base on this tutorial: 

fourth: Which marines bodies on the bases:  imperial fists or a successor?  

Fifth: Have any cool sounding war bands name?  I want the theme of the army to be eternal siege.  Terra still standing, so they still have a job to complete.  Thats their goal.  

Thanks for reading.  

First all sorry there, photo went blurry :(  Pretty much spent today building Khârn & having a look that the new Traitor hate book.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00010_zpsfyo1pqat.jpg

Then my limited ed version that was bought for my birthday :D

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00012_zpszts48rgp.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00020_zpsweuyiasx.jpg

While really like & happy with everything.  You can guess one of the things I've look forward to is.............

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00036_zpsvan9n9mz.jpg

So what formation or part of the update will everyone be useing from Traitor hate for there Iron Warriors force?  Lot of is really fit with the Iron Warriors theme, tank squad, terminator, daemonic tank formation, Obliterator formation just name a few.

Additional painted pics are in my Chaos Plog

I very much like the barbed wire on top - what's more, it's quite a smart move I suspect, as it prevents boarders to some extent :smile.:

Exactly - I was lacking a tank sprue at the time. The curved spikey bit has attachments to the chaos tank cupola for exactly this purpose.