++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

So, my fellow Warsmiths, I have completed my penance vow:

gallery_53134_11370_94898.jpg

It's not my best work, because I'm super put out from real life right now and had to force myself to sit down and rush through it to get it turned in on time. I promise better pictures later on when things have settled down and I can go back through this and fix some details. An uncooperative transfer nearly caused this model to drop assault through my hobby room window because I am already frustrated enough, so this is it for now.

No more painting for the rest of the year.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time right now!

I dig your iron painting and hope he can put that hammer through a few IF skulls for the Legion!

I had a question!

I'm thinking of getting into 30k as well with IW.  From the pictures I could see, they still seem to be the same colour scheme; IRON and with the hazard stripes.  Can anyone confirm that I could pretty easily use my 30k tanks as 40k tanks and the colour schemes would be pretty well the same?  The 30k pictures I've seen seem like the iron is much darker, but I suppose I could do my 40k stuff a little darker and everything would look smooth?

I may be putting too much thought into this. >.>

Once again Warsmith Goodwin needs your assistance!

I am thinking about getting three Rapier Weapons Batteries for the pewpews.

I have one, and am going to buy another Maulerfiend, so I think I have Autocannons/Plasma Cannons covered.

Then, I was going to order a few Contemptor Conversion Beamers.

Finally, I'm trying to decide which one to buy - I'm leaning towards the Laser Destroyer set.

My plan is to magnetize all (or some) of these options to that I can swap them out as needed.  The Quad Bolter I was just going to try and find enough bolters and strap 'em all together and put them in some kind of casing.

Does anyone have any experience doing something like this - is it even possible or is the kit made so you NEED to buy the specific weapon?

Thanks thanks!

I can only speak for the Laser Destroyer platform, but i believe they should all be set up the same.  The weapon itself sits on a mount that glues into either side of the weapon's housing, and then plugs into the base of the platform using a circular peg design. Infact, This here should give you a good picture as to how it all fits together. 

Leadbelcher spray can's are up for advance order over on the Games Workshop web site.  I really like this spray, goes onto the models really great, the paint dry pretty fast on the model.

Also happy to see Zandri Dust there as well for my Chaos Guard army :D

Just getting my Power Armour models move over to 32mm base during the past few weeks over the Christmas holidays.  I'm almost there, I've got ten models still rebase & the rest/last few units are currently been painted between today & tomorrow.

Does any IV Legion memeber use Possessed Marine units in there army?  This is a unit I use to really against in a Iron Warriors force.  But recently been thinking convert up a unit & theme it around the start of the Obliterator virus over taken them.  Also just to have the chose of units in game, as I'd also like to add a deflier to my force some point next year.

I'll also need to re-ready Endeavour of Will with Warsmith Shon'tu warband.

Bit like I'd want to use the plague marines units & model a unit of Horus Heresy Destroyer around them.

I haven't gotten around to doing a unit of possessed yet but have had some great ideas.  Back during the 3.5 codex era I wanted to do a unit that was heavily converted with bionics and had saws, drills, and what not instead of hands, like the Necromunda pit slaves.  Then to finish off the unit I was going to make a sorcerer with mass mutation, I think that was the spell, modeled as a techmarine with a lot of small servoarms and calbes coming off him to augment the "possessed" for battle.  Like I said I haven't gotten around to making this squad yet and as rules keep changing it makes it harder to want to do since I cannot guarantee my sorcerer getting any certain spell.

hopkins - I'm looking forward reading the battle report.  Really great to see two great/nice painted armies battle it out over cool terrain.  Where you that Warhammer World during Throne of Skulls Horus Heresy during the weekend there.  Seen facebook page there lot cool stuff & really nice Horus Heresy Iron Warriors force.

I'm really looking forward going back down for Throne of Skulls March.

SalvationOfReason - I'll get your force added to the first post in the Horus Heresy list (is that right just double check?)

Apologist - True scale Iron Warriors look cool & good to see the Blood Angel Heresy part use as well.  Models have a John Blanche style to them.

Just though I show recent unit I've been adding to my 5th Grand Company - Forgefane unit**.  Just got there Rhino to build which will have diffrent Nid trophies, as always rep all the armies I've battle over the years.

**Forgefane a Iron Warrior planet that fallen to Nids.  There Warsmith eaten by a Trygon - backgound when Trygon model was release.  Little bit more background in Armour 13 Lost & the Damned.  So want to show this been some who made it out/now part my own force.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00012_zpsmfdycxi9.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00020_zpstlzgd2rt.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00026_zpscpoucfw6.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00047_zpsanb0ksmd.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00050_zps914zz1se.jpg

Also Autocannon Terminator I've recently added to the unit of Terminators built for ETL last year

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00012_zpsrs8mkqxd.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00020_zpsdiet0sbp.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00026_zpsqnfg0ayp.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00047_zps8muayfwd.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00050_zpslurym1b7.jpg

Just waiting to get a few these models varnish, weather not been so great.  It also meant the last few units that got rebase to 32mm base are also waiting until then until they can all ge varnish as well.

Mange to get a few more those Ork armour plate I use as well.  That'll allow me to get another unit Terminator sorted soon useing parts from the Age of Sigmar Vanguard (?) Chaos Unit.  Also going to add onto the unit Raptors that where built last year.  I'll also go forward with the Iron Warrior possessed unit but theme around the Obliterator virus.

Mange to pick up the Necromunda Pit Slave leader as well on ebay recently.  Going to keep him aside as Cultist Champion for a future unit, just waiting on Necromunda game to be re-release in the future

On that note - This month Daemon Forge is Chaos Possessed theme & a good chance to get those models built & painted until 21st? Feburary.  Be cool to see that unit hopkins useing the Nurgle AoS models.

hopkins - I'm looking forward reading the battle report.  Really great to see two great/nice painted armies battle it out over cool terrain.  Where you that Warhammer World during Throne of Skulls Horus Heresy during the weekend there.  Seen facebook page there lot cool stuff & really nice Horus Heresy Iron Warriors force.

yeah, there were some nice armies about, including said IW force

forgive me lord of iron, but there was a gorgeous looking imperial fists force too

hopkins - Just had a quick read that the battle report.  It really cool & like the bit background adding to the scene.

I'm hopful getting a game useing a Unbound list which is pretty much my 12 Dreadnought, one will be my Warlord from the Formastion allow 5 Dreadnought.  Few will be from armour 13: Lost & the Damned.  Then I'll also use both Maulerfiend.  This will be against my friend Orks army - Pretty much unit of Mega Armour in Battle Wagon (bane of my life), lot of Ork boyz units with Trukks, Lootas.

Just somthing that been talk about for past few weeks & sort remind me of Storm of Iron when we see wave of Dreadnought during the Siege of Hydra Cordatus.

Does anyone know what armour and weapons Forrix used in the 31st millennium?

This just came up recently on the Iron Warriors facebook group.

Power Fist & Combi Melta, with Cataphractii Terminator armour from Angels Exterminatius novel.  Novel talk about his armour in the first part, then about his wargear later when battle the Eldar.

Storm of Iron see him with a Chainfist & Combi Melta.

Also mange to get a quick read that those short stories you posted about Hopkins as part of the Black Library calander.  Hopeful have a bit more time to read them during the weekend.  But so far, I'd say Siegemaster by Chris Wraight been my favrout, they've all been pretty cool as said from the quick read.

Just bought my fifth Knight for my Iron Warriors/Chaos Knight force.  It will be the close combat version for my stand alone 1850pts list.  Just locking down on the finial idea, but just happy to have the army ready for gaming.  Now push forward & get my Dark Mechanicus force up to 1850pts.  Think I just need to buy - Servitors, 5x Walker & 1x Dunecralwer.