++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

I've picked up the BaC as well and im giving some serious consideration to adding them to my IW's. So far ive been avoiding the MK IV's for them though, so im trying to come up with some ideas to fit them in alittle bit better with the current force as it stands. Failing that, it'll be the start of a new legion.

I picked up the BaC box, and IW will be painted (actual IW scheme, not my 40k weirdo Halloween-IWs.) Not sure which models I'm doing yet, though. Do I go all IW, or split them up so I can at the game with a friend? Not sure yet.

Half IW and half Iron hounds? 

The beginnings of an intra legion schism?

I picked up the BaC box, and IW will be painted (actual IW scheme, not my 40k weirdo Halloween-IWs.) Not sure which models I'm doing yet, though. Do I go all IW, or split them up so I can at the game with a friend? Not sure yet.

Half IW and half Iron hounds?

The beginnings of an intra legion schism?

Oh no, half Iron Warriors half Lamenters (my loyalist marines.)

I am considering more heretical IWs for 40k, to do something with my small Nurgle collection. Currently they're about a third of the way to being Death Guard, but it wouldn't be too hard to switch directions at this stage.

took my IVth legion out for a spin yesterday against some Grey Knights

Lord, Warpsmith, Contemptor, Cultists, Plague Marines, Rhino, Obliterators, Maulerfiends and a Land Raider

Here's a gallery - http://imgur.com/a/RzwOM

http://i65.tinypic.com/fekvo0.jpg

Still trying to decide if I wanna take the leap into 30k.

I was told IW use MK2/3 and since BaC was MK4 I'm not sure I'm going to bother getting the set, as good as it may be. 

Might have to swallow it and just buy the upgrade kits.  I bought some of the shoulder pads already, but damn that's going to get expensive.  I want it to be autheeentic tho'!

I REALLY like the painting on that rhino, hopkins.

Edited by Goodwin

Same here, I'm holding off until mkIII appears. Although I'm very tempted to hit eBay and use the Captain as Golg, and get some cyclone missile launchers for the Cataphractii

And thank you, I think the camera is playing tricks though, as the blue OSL is only on the Rhino headlights

Some other pics here http://www.corehammer.com/oath-of-moment-iron-warriors-part-2/

Almost ready for part 3 of that series, so I think a trip to WHW is in order to get decent photos of everything

I didn't even notice the blue >.> I just meant the top, it looks really good.  Now that I see it, blue OSL is bad ass too :p

Hoping once school chills out to get some more painting done.  Having a hard time getting the hazard stripes looking good.  I'm doing them on the left shoulder pad and right legbracer thing and its not coming out as perfect as I want it. >: (

Same here, I'm holding off until mkIII appears. Although I'm very tempted to hit eBay and use the Captain as Golg, and get some cyclone missile launchers for the Cataphractii

And thank you, I think the camera is playing tricks though, as the blue OSL is only on the Rhino headlights

Some other pics here http://www.corehammer.com/oath-of-moment-iron-warriors-part-2/

Almost ready for part 3 of that series, so I think a trip to WHW is in order to get decent photos of everything

If you've not been to Warhammer World since it update in May.  The new display are really cool & I'm really looking forward going back down for Throne of Skulls March next year & pick up the Death Korps Rought rider unit for my Renegade army.

Also keep a eye out for the new Age of Sigmar table they have there, worthy for any Chaos era Iron Warriors force to battle over :D

I'm the same, as soon as MkIII out in plastic, I'm looking forward to adding those to my own Iron Warriors force.

Also

- How's everyone Call of Chaos vows going?  I think it only 2 & a half weeks now until the dead line.  Right now I've just got my Vindicator to paint up which will get done this week.  Then Nurgle Lord to convert up.  Be pretty cool to get complete Call of Chaos vows posted on here.

- Any hobby plan's for Christmas?  I'll be painting up the 2nd ed era metal Chaos Dreadnought I got during a local tournament.  Also going to convert up a Lord of Juggernaut.  Also rebase all my Power Armour models to 32mm base.

I'm hope add a new squad of Chosen (part convert) for Christmas.

Things I'd like to tackle next

1 more Maggothfiend

Rat ogres as chaos spawn with added tentacles & mechatendrils

More Obliterators

Blight Kings as Nurgle Chosen

Convert a vanilla Drop Pod into a Dreadclaw for said Chosen

Nurgle Dreadnought so I can use that formation of 3 Helbrutes

Nurgle daemons for summoning purposes

Then there's the 30K stuff such as Golg, Siege Tyrants, Sicaran Battle Tank, Typhon and many more that have caught my eye

• 2 weeks later...

Does any IV Legion memeber use Possessed Marine units in there army?  This is a unit I use to really against in a Iron Warriors force.  But recently been thinking convert up a unit & theme it around the start of the Obliterator virus over taken them.  Also just to have the chose of units in game, as I'd also like to add a deflier to my force some point next year.

I'll also need to re-ready Endeavour of Will with Warsmith Shon'tu warband.

Bit like I'd want to use the plague marines units & model a unit of Horus Heresy Destroyer around them.

I converted Up some Possessed Recently. Fluff wise I had always thought off them as the 'Death Company' of my force. a Mix of guys who for whatever reason has displeased the Warsmith and been turned into disposable shock troops. (and given the inferior kit, hence the Aquilas on the guys), I do plan on adding chains to these guys one day as well. 

Its on the potential project list. 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pMVdePMOWmQ/VlZ5NIqAPWI/AAAAAAAAHlc/DDIKsM8NNRE/s1600/IMG_20151125_172830638_HDR.jpg

Edited by Uveron

I converted Up some Possessed Recently. Fluff wise I had always thought off them as the 'Death Company' of my force. a Mix of guys who for whatever reason has displeased the Warsmith and been turned into disposable shock troops. (and given the inferior kit, hence the Aquilas on the guys), I do plan on adding chains to these guys one day as well. 

There looking cool Uveron.  That a cool idea, sort of storm squad (like Warsmith strip of rank in Angels Exterminatius) or Oath Broken Warband for the Black Legion.

Have you though of maybe useing the Forge World brass etch bard wire as well wrap around say backpack, arm's, etc...

I'm aim on possible adding them, Deflier & Nurgle Marines.  I still need to get around & add close combat culitst that I want to theme around Pit Slaves from Necromunda.

I have to say, I really dislike that story by Ben Counter as it really doesn't feel like featuring Iron Warriors at all. I also think that Possessed don't really fit in with the IW fluff. I mean there was this possessed body guard of Honsou, but I feel it wouldn't be acceptable for IW to have such heavily corrupted brothers among them, given their obsession with pure heritage.

There looking cool Uveron.  That a cool idea, sort of storm squad (like Warsmith strip of rank in Angels Exterminatius) or Oath Broken Warband for the Black Legion.

Have you though of maybe useing the Forge World brass etch bard wire as well wrap around say backpack, arm's, etc...

Now thats a Good thought!  That would look ace, and get the whole 'This is a punishment vibe down' 

I also think that Possessed don't really fit in with the IW fluff. I mean there was this possessed body guard of Honsou, but I feel it wouldn't be acceptable for IW to have such heavily corrupted brothers among them, given their obsession with pure heritage.

I agree, which is why I orgionaly was going to paint my possessed up as captured Imperial Fists. But kinda changed my mind. 

But also given there obsession with purity, it works as quite the punishment... and better than just killing them as well that would be a waist of resources. But I agree it does strain the fluff and I only realy have the 5 of them so I can use them when Iam playing slighty less fluffy games.  

Now thats a Good thought!  That would look ace, and get the whole 'This is a punishment vibe down' 

Yes, just somthing I see Iron Warriors & World Eater doing.  For World Eater, it that way it help further add to that aggression (sp?).  Or like you said could be a way to punish for fail in there mission.

Heads up

Black Library advent has treated us to not 1, not 2, but 3 Iron Warriors e-books so far

Most enjoyable!

Do you have a link Hopkins?  Any idea if there Heresy or Chaos era or mix of them?

Strata - The Lord of Iron looking really cool :D

http://www.blacklibrary.com/call-of-chaos/advent-bl

All 40k stories

Siegemaster talks about Terra

Black Iron involves Abbadon

Just about to read Blood & Iron

Thanks Hopkins :D

Gutted as I've never really gotten a ebook before (pretty much if my PC or lap top work all is well).  Am I able to get these onto my PC or lap top from Black Library web site or is this where a Ipad needed for example? 

Gutted as I've never really gotten a ebook before (pretty much if my PC or lap top work all is well).  Am I able to get these onto my PC or lap top from Black Library web site or is this where a Ipad needed for example? Thanks Hopkins :biggrin.:

If you go to www.amazon.co.uk/KindleForPC‎ you can get a Kindle app for your computer, then when you've bought an ebook on Black Library's website you will have a mobi and epub link to download the book. If you download the mobi one, you will be able to just double click it and it should open in the Kindle app for you.