++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

No they don't but using their grand company you are required to take an auxiliary choice, one of these is a fortification

Ordered 3 squads of mk 3 iron armour and one squad of cataphractii terminators today. Need to finding something to use as raptors though. I'm thinking maybe the BaC mk4s with either raptor jump packs or sanguiniary guard packs

Edited by sebs_evo7

Just though I'd show the Iron Circle I was painting on the 24th & spent today finish.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00277_zpsw0auevqg.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00288_zpsqoghz8sg.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00291_zpsi9qkhtea.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00292_zps5coskzn9.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00293_zpsaln5vycw.jpg

Unit of 10 Havocs that will be built next week.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00304_zpsyo2okuiy.jpg

Pick up part convert up a new Helbrute.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00305_zpso8ko88ep.jpg

Just trying to make a chose for the new Siegebreaker mace relic the Iron Warriors get.  Right now I'm possible going to go for the Varanguard Knight one.........

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00307_zpsdc0qz8fy.jpg

Also saw Warhammer World just annouce a campaign in March.  I was planning on attending Throne of Skulls in Feb, but unsure if I might change to this event.  I aim go to two Throne of Skulls per year, there really great events.  But I've never been to a campaign weekend & have said to the event team about running a 13th Black Crusade when Traitor Hate was been release/back in Sept time this year.  Also it in Warhammer World, best gaming venue & all round hobby place.

See what the pack like & then aim be back down that Warhammer World around Sept - Oct time.

Our new Warhammer 40k Campaign Weekend coming soon.

You can find out more at our Open Day on 2nd Jan.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/15781178_1422938907725585_4609556883002204934_n_zpsh0fqvb0l.jpg

Have some of you tested some new list from Chaos Legion? I will be face a 2500 pt of mechanicum on saturday... suggestions?

Are they bringing Skitarii and/or War Convocation or just Cult? If you expect walkers, the Cranium is good.

Regardless, they'll have tons of footslogging infantry, so multiple Vengeance Weapon Batteries would probably work out in your Fort slots, with a building or two mixed in for cover.

Overall I'd suggest lots of batteries covering the advance of lots of bodies...basically an early stage invasion from the IW fluff....big guns supporting slave soldiers (cultists from Lost and the Damned).

So Grand Company with Warband Core w/some havocs and other stuff, plust Lost and the Damned, Strongholds of Chaos, and maybe some Spawn. All of those lightly armored bodies will mess with the large number of grav weapons that AdMech folks tend to field. AdMech also doesn't do so well in battles of attrition, so the numbers and potential recycling will help.

It's worth noting that your cultists will be stubborn in the Grand Company (fearless if in forts), so tailing a few models back to where you have trenches or buildings will help since only one model needs fearless for the unit to benefit.

Have some of you tested some new list from Chaos Legion? I will be face a 2500 pt of mechanicum on saturday... suggestions?

Are they bringing Skitarii and/or War Convocation or just Cult? If you expect walkers, the Cranium is good.

Regardless, they'll have tons of footslogging infantry, so multiple Vengeance Weapon Batteries would probably work out in your Fort slots, with a building or two mixed in for cover.

Overall I'd suggest lots of batteries covering the advance of lots of bodies...basically an early stage invasion from the IW fluff....big guns supporting slave soldiers (cultists from Lost and the Damned).

So Grand Company with Warband Core w/some havocs and other stuff, plust Lost and the Damned, Strongholds of Chaos, and maybe some Spawn. All of those lightly armored bodies will mess with the large number of grav weapons that AdMech folks tend to field. AdMech also doesn't do so well in battles of attrition, so the numbers and potential recycling will help.

It's worth noting that your cultists will be stubborn in the Grand Company (fearless if in forts), so tailing a few models back to where you have trenches or buildings will help since only one model needs fearless for the unit to benefit.

Ok, thank you.

He will run the mega formation with one of everything.

One knight, 3 big spieder, at least a couple of walker and a formation of every unit in both codex. I've no turrets, but lots of Power armor and Obly

Core + cult of destruction, fist of the gods (land/vindi/vindi lasdestroyers) and fortifications (2 bunkers for havocs and an egida line for Obly)...

Ok, thank you.

He will run the mega formation with one of everything.

One knight, 3 big spieder, at least a couple of walker and a formation of every unit in both codex. I've no turrets, but lots of Power armor and Obly

Core + cult of destruction, fist of the gods (land/vindi/vindi lasdestroyers) and fortifications (2 bunkers for havocs and an egida line for Obly)...

Bunkers should work well in the early game. Use lots of Havocs. Given his apparent build, I'd advise ML or lascannon. I'd also advise putting your Obliterators in a Combined Arms Detachment rather than a Cult, and spreading them out all over the place in singles, or pairs at most to grab objectives (they will be ObSec), improve weapon flexibility, and frustrate target priority. They won't get morale bonuses, but single models rarely care.

The combined arms detachment will also allow you to squeeze in your Laser Destroyer as a heavy support choice, since the Fist of the Gods only allows the "Vindicator" datashert not the "Deimos Pattern Vindicator Laser Destroyer." You could also put other FW goodies in there if you have them (Rapiers, etc.).

I would finally advise some sorcerers with Heretech and the Cranium artifact. Buy jump packs or bikes and put them with whatever fast units the Core requires you to take.

I had my first game of 2017 this evening. In fact, it was also my first game with Chaos Marines since before 7th edition came out.

I had a 2000 point game against a loyalist player who I knew has been trying out different things lately, so I decided to try out something new as well.

I ran this:

Cult of Destruction

x3 Warpsmiths

Obliterators x3

Obliterators x3

Obliterators x3

Obliterator

Obliterator

Heldrake Terror Pack

Heldrake with Baleflamer

Heldrake with Baleflamer

Heldrake with Hades Autocannon

Renegade Knight Detachment

Renegade Knight with Thermal Cannon and Reaper Chainsword

I had some points left over, so I bought an Aura of Chaos Glory for the Warpsmith I declared my Warlord.

My opponent was playing Deathwatch. I don't remember exactly what he had so this is from memory of observation:

Hidden Content
Droppod with 9 guys: 1 Librarian in TDA with the missile pod, 2 guys with storm shields, 3 guys with frag cannons, and 3 regular PA

A Dreadnought with Assault Cannon and Powerfist

x2 squads of 5 PA Deathwatch

x1 Librarian

vanguard vets with jumppacks (x3 guys) (I think he may have had at least two of theses)

Terminator squad

That Deathwatch flyer, I think

We randomly rolled and played Purge the Xenos with Hammer and Anvil deployment

He won initiative and forced me to set up first, then stole the initiative right back

I set up my Renegade Knight with its back to a small terrain feature, and surrounded by the x3 Obliterator/Warpsmith squads to give support fire for the inevitable deepstrike attack against the Knight. I kept the single Obliterators in DS Reserve as reaction forces.

gallery_53134_11240_66361.jpg

He hid his dreadnought all the way in the far left corner behind terrain where I couldn't see it, and piled his 2 5-man PA teams into some buildings to hide in rubble and look out of windows. His PA Librarian was temptingly out in the open if I wanted to walk to shoot in between those two buildings in the right side of the above picture.

His droppod tried to land right behind the Knight, and a little to the left (from this perspective) of the rock formation. It scattered to land in between those three rock formations instead. He used the Angelus Beacon to pull his Dreadnought to right behind my rightmost (from this picture's perspective) squad. His psychic phase he cast Invisibility, but I successfully Denied the Witch. Then he opened up with everything he had in an attempt to knock the Renegade Knight out before it could do anything. And he damn near did, with those frag cannons being at such close range getting their Impact special rule. His shooting left the Knight with 1 HP left.

Then it was my first turn, and my Renegade Knight repositioned itself so that if it blew up (which I was sure would happen soon) then it hopefully wouldn't get my own troops. I shoot some twin-linked plasmagun shots at his Deathwatch squad, then I remembered I had Empyrean Firing Rights (or however that's spelt). I then gleefully erased his 9 man squad with all kinds of shooting from all directions.

Turn 2 he failed or mishapped all of his Reserves except one squad of x3 jump pack vets, who were armed with one graviton pistol and x2 handweapon/storm shield combos. The vets mishapped, and I ended up getting to place them in the middle of all of my units for maximum effective shooting opportunity. The lone PA Librarian moved to cast Psychic Shriek and put a wound on a single Obliterator, which FNP saved. His grav pistol failed to take a HP off my Renegade Knight, and then the Knight made all of its shield saves versus the Dreadnought's assault cannon.

I was eager to begin rolling for my Reserves, because I wanted to see what three Heldrakes looked like on the table, and I was going to have my 2 lone Obliterator units go after his remaining Librarian. But...

gallery_53134_11240_88093.jpg

...this is when he decided that winning was impossible and quit on me. Probably my second fastest victory, though not as satisfying as getting to finish the game. I felt righteously avenged while he complained about my Knight and the flyers, because I've been on the receiving end of brutal tablings from him multiple times while using my Sisters of Battle. I have fewer answers for the psychic phase (zero) than he does for flyers or superheavies, so I didn't feel at all bad about it.

So a good start for the new year, and for my first outing with the Traitor Legions book. All glory to the IVth Legion! Hail the Lord of Iron! :thumbsup:

Man, that ending took the wind out of my own sails just as a reader, that sounds frustrating.

Thanks for the battle report!  I've managed to convert up my first five obliterators.  Not sure I have it in me to get THAT many, but it sounds swell anyway. >: )

I had my first game of 2017 this evening. In fact, it was also my first game with Chaos Marines since before 7th edition came out.

I had a 2000 point game against a loyalist player who I knew has been trying out different things lately, so I decided to try out something new as well.

I ran this:

Cult of Destruction

x3 Warpsmiths

Obliterators x3

Obliterators x3

Obliterators x3

Obliterator

Obliterator

Heldrake Terror Pack

Heldrake with Baleflamer

Heldrake with Baleflamer

Heldrake with Hades Autocannon

Renegade Knight Detachment

Renegade Knight with Thermal Cannon and Reaper Chainsword

I had some points left over, so I bought an Aura of Chaos Glory for the Warpsmith I declared my Warlord.

My opponent was playing Deathwatch. I don't remember exactly what he had so this is from memory of observation:

Hidden Content
Droppod with 9 guys: 1 Librarian in TDA with the missile pod, 2 guys with storm shields, 3 guys with frag cannons, and 3 regular PA

A Dreadnought with Assault Cannon and Powerfist

x2 squads of 5 PA Deathwatch

x1 Librarian

vanguard vets with jumppacks (x3 guys) (I think he may have had at least two of theses)

Terminator squad

That Deathwatch flyer, I think

We randomly rolled and played Purge the Xenos with Hammer and Anvil deployment

He won initiative and forced me to set up first, then stole the initiative right back

I set up my Renegade Knight with its back to a small terrain feature, and surrounded by the x3 Obliterator/Warpsmith squads to give support fire for the inevitable deepstrike attack against the Knight. I kept the single Obliterators in DS Reserve as reaction forces.

gallery_53134_11240_66361.jpg

He hid his dreadnought all the way in the far left corner behind terrain where I couldn't see it, and piled his 2 5-man PA teams into some buildings to hide in rubble and look out of windows. His PA Librarian was temptingly out in the open if I wanted to walk to shoot in between those two buildings in the right side of the above picture.

His droppod tried to land right behind the Knight, and a little to the left (from this perspective) of the rock formation. It scattered to land in between those three rock formations instead. He used the Angelus Beacon to pull his Dreadnought to right behind my rightmost (from this picture's perspective) squad. His psychic phase he cast Invisibility, but I successfully Denied the Witch. Then he opened up with everything he had in an attempt to knock the Renegade Knight out before it could do anything. And he damn near did, with those frag cannons being at such close range getting their Impact special rule. His shooting left the Knight with 1 HP left.

Then it was my first turn, and my Renegade Knight repositioned itself so that if it blew up (which I was sure would happen soon) then it hopefully wouldn't get my own troops. I shoot some twin-linked plasmagun shots at his Deathwatch squad, then I remembered I had Empyrean Firing Rights (or however that's spelt). I then gleefully erased his 9 man squad with all kinds of shooting from all directions.

Turn 2 he failed or mishapped all of his Reserves except one squad of x3 jump pack vets, who were armed with one graviton pistol and x2 handweapon/storm shield combos. The vets mishapped, and I ended up getting to place them in the middle of all of my units for maximum effective shooting opportunity. The lone PA Librarian moved to cast Psychic Shriek and put a wound on a single Obliterator, which FNP saved. His grav pistol failed to take a HP off my Renegade Knight, and then the Knight made all of its shield saves versus the Dreadnought's assault cannon.

I was eager to begin rolling for my Reserves, because I wanted to see what three Heldrakes looked like on the table, and I was going to have my 2 lone Obliterator units go after his remaining Librarian. But...

gallery_53134_11240_88093.jpg

...this is when he decided that winning was impossible and quit on me. Probably my second fastest victory, though not as satisfying as getting to finish the game. I felt righteously avenged while he complained about my Knight and the flyers, because I've been on the receiving end of brutal tablings from him multiple times while using my Sisters of Battle. I have fewer answers for the psychic phase (zero) than he does for flyers or superheavies, so I didn't feel at all bad about it.

So a good start for the new year, and for my first outing with the Traitor Legions book. All glory to the IVth Legion! Hail the Lord of Iron! :thumbsup:

Awesome battle report though one thing that has me curious how did your Obliterator have feel no pain?

Awesome battle report though one thing that has me curious how did your Obliterator have feel no pain?

All Iron Warriors models & units that can get Veteran of the Long War upgrade get it for free.  If they take VotLW, then it allow them a 6+ feel no pain as part of the Iron Warrior army wide rules that also allow them (Obliterators) & Havocs Tank Hunter.  Where one of the three Legions that get Feel no Pain as part of our army wide rules, with Death Guard & Emperor Children been the other Legions.

Edited by Insane Psychopath

All Iron Warriors models & units that can get Veteran of the Long War upgrade get it for free.  If they take VotLW, then it allow them a 6+ feel no pain as part of the Iron Warrior army wide rules that also allow them (Obliterators) & Havocs Tank Hunter.  Where one of the three Legions that get Feel no Pain as part of our army wide rules, with Death Guard & Emperor Children been the other Legions.

Ahh another new rule I forgot about last time I played.  One day I will master Rulehammer

I had to come up with cheat sheets on the fly for my game in the report above. I had forgotten what weapons were available for the Obliterators, and then with the Empyrionic Guidance and having multiple units of Obliterators at different ranges on the table I had to start annotating which units fired what in which round. If it had played out to a normal game length it would have made my head hurt keeping track of it.

I keep a pack of 3x5 index cards in my army bag to scribble notes and special rules on for quick reference. Especially the USRs, because I hate having to stop what I'm doing to flip through a book, or worse, forget I even have the bonus rule in the first place.

Howdy! Hope you all started well into 2017.

Here's some idea some German tournament crackpots coughed up. Not sure it's really super-awesome, but it sounds solid. Here we go:

One takes a minimum warband (with some Havocs of course and some mobile units) and a bunch of Obliterators, I'd say minimum 6-7 (be it in a CAD with Obsec, or in the Cult of Destruction formation for even crazier shooting - we'll get to the crazy shooting part in a bit). So far so medium-awesome, now the part were the sparks fly (literally). Of course now we take the fortification formation - two times. Each time we put in a Voidshield-Generartor because they are awesome and protect our crazy shooters and other fortifications. Next we take a Haemotrope Reactor which allows us to re-roll each roll for rebuilding void shields of a connected Voidshield-Generator. But it also has another nice effect: it allows all plasma weapons without a blast to shoot a small blast (3") and each plasma-cannon to shoot a large blast (5") within a certain area (I think the shooter has to be within 6" of the recator or something). So where's the catch? The catch is that now plasma-weapons get hot on rolls of 1 and 2 instead of only 1. Mmh, that sounds rather risky, but here fortification number three is coming into play: Munitorum Armored Containers. Those bring some small ammo crates which allow models close-by to re-roll 1s for "gets hot" rolls, significantly decreasing our risk when dealing out plasma blasts like candy on a carnival parade.

Now the set up is something like the two Haemotrope Reactors right next to each other with a Voidshield Generator attached to each one, then you put the big containers in front as LOS blockers and the crates and Obliterators on top = yippee-ki-yay mofo. :thumbsup:

I don't know if this is something I'd really like to try, but it's probably worth taking for people who often face opponents who deny playing on boards with serious terrain... If this IW army doesn't get your opponents to wanna use terrain, I guess nothing will...

//Edit: Terminology should make more sense now, I hope. 

Edited by Iron Skull Mask

Fellow warsmiths I've been trawling the interwebs without success. Is there a way to get legion scorpius, medusas or basalisks into a 40k IW army? I can't seem to find anything on them in IA 13 but i noticed some loyalist 40k armies with scorpius or Medusas Edited by sebs_evo7

Howdy! Hope you all started well into 2017.

Here's some idea some German tournament crackpots coughed up. Not sure it's really super-awesome, but it sounds solid. Here we go:

One takes a minimum warband (with some Havocs of course and mobile units) and a bunch of Obliterators, I'd say minimum 6-7 (be it in a CAD with Obsec, or in the Cult of Destruction formation for even crazier shooting - we'll get to the crazy shooting part in a bit). So far so medium-awesome, now the part were the sparks fly (literally). Of course now we take the fortification formation - two times. Each time we put in a Voidshield-Generartor because they are awesome and protect our crazy shooters and other fortifications. Next we take a Haemotrope Reactor which allows us to re-roll each roll for rebuilding void shields of a connected Voidshield-Generator. But it also has another nice effect: it allows all plasma weapons without a template to shoot a small template (3") and each plasma-cannon to shoot a large template (5") within a certain area (I think the shooter has to be within 6" of the recator or something). So where's the catch? The catch is that now plasma-weapons get hot on rolls of 1 and 2 instead of only 1. Mmh, that sounds rather risky, but here fortification number three is coming into play: Munitorum Armored Containers. Those bring some small ammo crates which allow models close-by to re-roll 1s for "gets hot" rolls, significantly decreasing our risk when dealing out plasma templates like candy on a carnival parade.

Now the set up is something like the two Haemotrope Reactors right next to each other with a Voidshield Generator attached to each one, then you put the big containers in front as LOS blockers and the crates and Obliterators on top = yippee-ki-yay mofo. :thumbsup:

I don't know if this is something I'd really like to try, but it's probably worth taking for people who often face opponents who deny playing on boards with serious terrain... which seems to happen rather often to people on these boards. If this IW army doesn't get your opponents to wanna use terrain, I guess nothing will...

I see someone else watches WhiteFairy videos. ;)

Sidenote: it's blasts, not templates. Flamer etc. use templates. :D

Does anyone have the Leviathan Siege Dreadnought & is it arm with the Storm Cannon arm?  Just I was possible thinking of useing that arm toward my Helbrue conversion

Quick mock up

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00462_zpsdiuhalxw.jpg

If not, then I was thinking of useing the standard Contemptor Dreadnought Autocannon arm.

I need some tactical help for my Iron Warriors.  My gaming group consists of a Necron player, me, and another guy that we just brought in that is still trying to pick an army.  So on to my question, using Iron Warriors rules from the Traitors Legions and building a 1250 point list, what are some of the better choices to us against Necrons?  Necrons are tough and have few characters, at list my opponent's lists do, so very few chances to roll on the boon table to get any buffs.  I am thinking that some Obsec Obliterators and a squadron of vindicators would be a start, I just don't know if out shooting them or trying to break them in combat is best.

I need some tactical help for my Iron Warriors. My gaming group consists of a Necron player, me, and another guy that we just brought in that is still trying to pick an army. So on to my question, using Iron Warriors rules from the Traitors Legions and building a 1250 point list, what are some of the better choices to us against Necrons? Necrons are tough and have few characters, at list my opponent's lists do, so very few chances to roll on the boon table to get any buffs. I am thinking that some Obsec Obliterators and a squadron of vindicators would be a start, I just don't know if out shooting them or trying to break them in combat is best.

Given that Fortifications are part of our detachment, I suggest at least 2 Vengeance Weapon Batteries with Battle Cannons. Pie plates of Str 8, AP3 death at 72 inches tend to make Necrons a little concerned....especially when the detachment allows you to reroll scatter.

I would also advise items or abilities that reduce leadership or use leadership against them (Sorcerers with Telepathy, etc.).

Hello fellow Iron Warriors! With the release of plastic Mk3 marines I've gotten back into my Iron Warriors, always been my favourite force, but I could never get them to look how I wanted. The last year or two have also been rocky with how much time I could give to the hobby, but now I can commit more and I am ready to build my forces again. With mk3 marines and a new traitor supplement I'm eagerly building chaos marines and trying to write a starting list to build towards. However I have a question I need help with. With our Grand Company Auxiliary we can use the fortifications but where can I find current rules/points for these in 7th? I have been told they are in Stronghold Assault but the physical is no longer available. Is there another place I can find these or do I just need to buy the digital edition? (I'm not a huge fan of digital)