Today (well, yesterday), I lost to 'Nids, but that's not surprising, as after the game we found out that I was playing 350 points down! In that context, it was actually a pretty heroic last stand, and I'm surprised I did as well as I did. Next time, when we both bring 1850 lists, he's going to get crushed!

Today I finished painting a Jump packed Librarian, the first Blood Angel I painted in over a year.

I'm considering a threadomancy of my old log once I'm done basing him.

Morticon and/or James, I hope you won't mind. :)

Sprayed Dante, two Captains, Lemartes and a Techmarine last night. Need to have them painted in three and a half weeks for my Apocalypse game (well, at least Dante and the Techmarine)...

Will put WIPs on my blog when I have some :)

Too many new projects on the go since Santa dropped the crazy on us Blood Angels. Getting back to my 2nd Company aligned Hawkshroud Knight as I need to finish him off, but just started work on my Company Champion for my Command Squad (now that we have to take him) using a small array of different bits. Pics coming soon.

Also did a bit more on my Death Company Memorial, still prepping my Sicaran for undercoating (proving to be a bit of a bastid to get the hull to fit snuggly to the track slots), and now that he is properly viable again Dante is also on the prep station. So many projects, too little time!!! Updates soon...

I've been wondering where you were!

Ha. I seriously had so many good intentions for the holidays but as soon as my backside hit the sofa... it was like being magnetised. New year now and back on the case again though :thumbsup:

Managed to get that awesome Robert swanland painting from the new dex as the lock screen on my phone

My fave band, Angels & Airwaves, have released a new album; perfectly fitting to listen to as I finish painting and basing for next week's tourny

Whyyyyyy!?

That bit of fluff in "Death of Integrity" has really left a bad taste in my mouth, and I know that I can just ignore it and keep on using the original fluff, but, since the book is pretty much Word-of-God now, I'm finding it really hard to ignore as I'm working on them and trying to come up with my own characters and lore. Which really sucks since they've been one of my top three favorite chapters for a long time.

So, if I end up leaving the Blood Drinkers, I'll find another Successor Chapter to create a company of.

Whyyyyyy!?

That bit of fluff in "Death of Integrity" has really left a bad taste in my mouth, and I know that I can just ignore it and keep on using the original fluff, but, since the book is pretty much Word-of-God now, I'm finding it really hard to ignore as I'm working on them and trying to come up with my own characters and lore. Which really sucks since they've been one of my top three favorite chapters for a long time.

So, if I end up leaving the Blood Drinkers, I'll find another Successor Chapter to create a company of.

Spoiler me, I haven't read the book but I am intrigued :unsure.:

Whyyyyyy!?

It used to be that they had a measure of control over the flaw due to embracing their nature and living up to their name.

Now, however, it's from the "Rite of Holos" which has ended up being a trick of Kairos Fateweaver's. Every now and again when a Blood Drinker succumbs to the Black Rage instead of Sanguinius' ending they see, they see themselves as Holos on his trek up the mountain and meeting with Kairos (albeit disguised) who asks them to submit to Chaos, all it will take is one "yes" for them to fall to Chaos. So, essentially instead of it being them accepting their flaw and gaining control it's because of Chaos. :dry.:
Edited by Reldn

That... that is tremendously poor and can understand why it would sour someone on the chapter. Hell, it's soured me on them and I don't collect them! Have always had a bit of soft spot for them, though, as by BA standards they seem quite well adjusted and the least conflicted.

Whyyyyyy!?

It used to be that they had a measure of control over the flaw due to embracing their nature and living up to their name.

Now, however, it's from the "Rite of Holos" which has ended up being a trick of Kairos Fateweaver's. Every now and again when a Blood Drinker succumbs to the Black Rage instead of Sanguinius' ending they see, they see themselves as Holos on his trek up the mountain and meeting with Kairos (albeit disguised) who asks them to submit to Chaos, all it will take is one "yes" for them to fall to Chaos. So, essentially instead of it being them accepting their flaw and gaining control it's because of Chaos. :dry.:

Ouch! Thanks for that, I can totally understand you really :( Such a shame that they would mess with them so - it is one of a hobbiests worst nightmares. At least they could easily be changed to another predominantly red successor (eg Angels Encarmine) if you decide you cannot stick with them.

I've had a soft spot for them since reading about Kroff Tezla and a certain three Imperial Fists many, many, many moons ago :happy.: That bit of fluff is...well, there aren't any words :sad.:

As for myself, I'm slowly gearing up to (finally) start painting my Deathstorm models. However, they are definitely going to be painted as my DIY successor. I can scratch my FT/Lamenters itch with my Space Hulk models, and an eventual small mixed group of units down the line :happy.:

I've had a soft spot for them since reading about Kroff Tezla and a certain three Imperial Fists many, many, many moons ago :happy.: That bit of fluff is...well, there aren't any words :sad.:

Kroff Tezla and those three Scouts are what got me hooked on both of those chapters in the first place as well. (Love that book!)

I don't know what to do, really. Short of my own fluff being that they've long since broken from the Rite. Taking the struggle to control the flaw onto themselves through drinking blood, and gaining control over the flaw with no damning Chaos trickery.

If I do end up ditching them, I'll probably go Flesh Eaters, Angels Encarmine, or Angels Vermilion.

Kroff Tezla and those three Scouts are what got me hooked on both of those chapters in the first place as well. (Love that book!)

I don't know what to do, really. Short of my own fluff being that they've long since broken from the Rite. Taking the struggle to control the flaw onto themselves through drinking blood, and gaining control over the flaw with no damning Chaos trickery.

If I do end up ditching them, I'll probably go Flesh Eaters, Angels Encarmine, or Angels Vermilion.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you from ignoring the fluff and doing an "alternate" version (i.e. the Chapter as they should be). It's quite difficult collecting a Chapter which has fluff you are at odds with, but I hope you are able to carry on. There are far too few Blood Drinkers armies around.

In fact, I might just get around to painting one just because :happy.:

Not strictly myself, nor today. However, I got my missus to pick up a copy of the new Warhammer: Visions, it being a BA special and all. She did astutely comment that she doesn't pay for her 'catalogues' :happy.: . Anyways, the army presented in there is great, and has given me a lot of ideas. There are some great army shots, but for me the Stern Guard unit wins. So, well worth picking up a copy for getting those creative juices flowing. 

I dunno, "Chaos did it" becomes a bit meh after a while. I like my GrimDark well enough but I like the occasional spark of hope to illuminate the darkness or it just becomes monotonous. I disliked the 5th Ed codex implications that there was something dark behind Mephiston's resurrection (way back in the 2nd ed fluff, the planned to reveal that he was an Avatar of Sanguinius). Let's keep a few heroes truly heroic (even if they do have fangs).

Do what we do in the templar forum area ignore it! We had a book where our high marshal bows to an apostroph. Other than that it sounds like that sucks I'm sorry I was planning on getting the book because the name sounds really cool.

Whyyyyyy!?

If all it takes is one 'yes' for the chapter to fall to chaos, the fact that they are still loyal means that no blood drinker in 10,000 years has ever said yes, which is awesome, and shows how much control they have. 

Anyway, as to what I've done recently:

Karlaen conversion:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Characters/2015-01-11002206_zps8ed3af34.jpg

Baal #1

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Armoury/Messenger_5957939454402352853_14204834591261695_zps5b89d23b.jpg

Libby dread

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Armoury/Messenger_5958584136704835447_14206371633895312_zpsefe1e1b7.jpg

Edited by Xenith