Aren't you missing a DCC in there? You need 2 for the LBSF I believe...

Balls. Command choice is compulsory... Didn't notice that!

Good spot buddy, will have a tinker.

OKAY - I need to do either of the following:

• Drop a bike squad
  • Drop both attack bikes and the hurricanes from the Raven
  • Drop the Meltacide

While I lose the magic pod number of 3, I'm tempted to lose the meltacide - the Bike squads and raven should pack enough anti-tank I recon.

OH no I don't. Dropping the combat scouts and one attack bike. Sorted with TWELVE points to play with :o

Edited by Charlo

"When the dust settled, no brother of the Sanguine Vision could tell if it was Chaplain Kalenor's Crozius, or Bloodstrike missile from Storm Raven AEtherwing that had felled the last of the traitorous son of Perturabo..."

16:8 to the Sanguine Vision, tabled the Chaos on my turn 4. The TL;DR version is that on turn two I hit his weakened lines like a sledge hammer and could then deal with anything else he threw at me piecemeal, meaning my objectives were very easy to complete. I must have scored about 10 points in turn 2.

I used the force outlined before, and he brought a mix of Iron Warriors Grand Company Decurion from Traitors Hate, Helbrute Mayhem Pack & some Slaanesh Daemons:

• Sorcerer (Biomancy)
  • Lord in TDA with Haywire relic
  • 3 TDA with Combi Melta
  • Two Chaos Marine Squads with Autocannons
  • Havocs with 4 Autocannons
  • Raptors with Meltaguns
  • 3 single Obliterators
  • Warpsmith (with the AP3 Flamer relic that he thankfully forgot to use....!)
  • Aegis Line with comms
  • Daemonettes
  • Slaanesh Herald
  • 3 Helbrutes with Heavy Flamer hand and Multi Melta

Basically, everything that could deepstrike - did so. He got a bunch of mutation rolls but nothing that made much difference in the long run. His warlord trait wasn't anything special either.

Everything went according to plan with the Veritas. -1 to enemy reserves and MTC ruins was awesome (the stealth didn't really come into play). That -1 kept a lot of his stuff coming in piecemeal, while his ability to roll for mishap added to his :tongue.:

Mission was Deadlock (start with 6 cards. Turn 2 you draw to bring total to 5. Turn 3 draw to bring total to 4 and so on). Slay the warlord, first blood, linebreaker too.

Dawn of War deployment. He castled up his Marines and Havocs along with Sorc and Smith in the ruins and aegis line. I had my Mortars on a hill with the Librarian to the left. Scouts and bikes in the center, each flanked by a DC squad. I used my free move to push the DC up along with one bike squad. I kept one bike squad hidden behind a ruin so I had some Grav in waiting to deal with anything that dropped in. I have two objectives in my deployment, he has one, then there are three across the middle of the board about equally spread.

Turn 1:

Chaos: Autocannons open fire on the quad mortars, killing two crew and wounding the guns each. He throws some bio buffs on his sorc too just incase.

BA: Pods with DC dread and squad Firestorm land in front of his Aegis line. 2 DC squads and forward squad of bikes surge up. Librarian proceeds to cast Precience on himself & the Quad Mortars with 4 successes.... Including three 6s TOO MUCH POWER! He takes a wound and loses remaining warp charges (none anyway!). I open fire with everything into his two Chaos Marine Squads. I reduce one to a man and the other to 3-4 plus the warpsmith. Hilight is the twin hand flamers killing two marines in holy promethium.

Turn 2:

Chaos: Obliterator arrives next to the DC dread. Hellbrute arrived on an objective behind my right-hand DC & bikes squad. Another Hellbrute lands on the ruins next to my scouts. Daemonettes and herald arrive in front of the quad mortars. Everything else is stuck in the warp (yay -1 to reserves!) He opens fire on my right DC squad, felling them to a single man with a mess of Autocannon and psychic firepower. Obliterator, with both a lascannon and twinlinked meltagun shot manages too..... Do only a single glance to the DC Dread!!! I say to my opponent "none can stay my wrath." like the Dawn of War dread voice clip because he knows too that it's on like donkey kong now. His Helbrutes kill a couple scouts and a DC or two with shooting. His smith and remaining few chaos marines loose some pistol shots into square firestorm and then charge into the inferno, losing a couple to overwatch. I accept the challenge (Heroic self sacrifice hoooo!) and lose combat by one, but remain steadfast.

BA: Meltacide pod arrived behind his Helbrute on the far right objective. Raven turns up thanks to me hijacking the enemies comms relay :wink: (as my opponent put it: "PUSH THE BUTTON BROTHER!!!") and zooms on 18" in the center of the board, turning 90 degrees to the left at the end so I can get a sneaky Machine Spirit Multi Melta into the Helbrute threatening the scouts, while it shoots everything else at the foul perverted warp spawn! The lone DC leaps into the Havocs and Sorcerer, while the squad on the left take jump towards them too. The DC dread moves around the Obliterator to charge into the combat in support of squad firestorm. The bikes move to claim the center objective. Librarian had clearly used all of his power on turn one as he failed prescience on 5 dice (no perils though). I loose everything on my side of the board into the daemonettes: Scouts, bike bolters, Raven bolters-missiles-assault cannon & quad shatter shells from the mortars cull a large amount of their number and do a wound on the herald. The Raven's melta pens the dread and immobilizes it, then the Grav bikes in the center finish him off. Then we have the hilight of the match... The Meltacide open with four melta shots on the dread, and...

Hidden Content

SHAME TO SANGUINIUS!

16797830_10211848776835995_1788553245734

In the assault phase the lone DC eats the overwatch of the Havocs in a heroic self sacrifice, so the Chaplain and his DC squad can charge in. While the Chaplain takes a wound (sorc had I8 with warp speed) the 4 DC have 24 attacks between them, killing most of the Havocs, before the remaining brother with a Thunder Hammer annihilated the last member and the sorcerer in one mighty swing. Meanwhile the DC dread straight up murdered the warpsmith and the dregs of his squad.

At this point I'm very far ahead and his stuff just now arrives and gets slaughtered as it does so. If the Meltacide had blown up his Helbrute I would have won on turn 3, but it kept the Chaotic dream alive!

I think next time I'll try and find some points for Jump packs on the 3rd DC squad and not bother with putting them in the raven, they'd really add to the critical mass of the force. I'll probably hide the quad mortars too, though, I gotta say they made a really top distraction - absorbing the entire first turn's firepower. The list though, is very fun to play, with solid firepower and ridiculous speed. 3 Pods at 2k is certainly the magic number, between the free LBSF move, 2 turn one pods and bikes, my entire army was able to bring the hammer down from turn 2 without question. I might replace the Raven, though against a heavier AV list it might prove invaluable and it gives me lots of options for deployment. While they didn't perform this time, I'd probably be foolish to drop the Meltacide as this is the first time they have ever failed me. If anything, I have a unit to build with jump packs still - so I might give that a go even.

A very enjoyable game overall! Plus my biggest points outing besides an Apoc to date!

Edited by Charlo

Odd that he still chose to deep strike everything even when you rolled the -1 to reserves trait. Good win!

He had the comms relay for a re-roll so I guess he thought that would be enough! His list was designed around the mass deep strike to be fair. Lots of stuff that can strike in and grab things with Obj Sec. We played with a perfect amount of terrain though so the mishaps were aplenty. Gotta feel sorry for those Heretics without Pods ;)

Great report! Glad to hear it went so well! The Sanguine Visions don't mess around!

How did the second DCC work out? Glad you had to take him?

Thanks brother! He worked well, gave my 5 man DC squad the "oomph" they needed with all those re-rolls. He's my new favourite BA character for sure, and I even forgot about the inferno pistol. He dueled a Chaos Sorcerer, tieing him up for the squad (and netting me a VP for a challenge) and then he ended the game by smashing into the final Helbrute and rolling 5,6 & 6 for his penetration before it could even strike back. S7 on the charge is lethal, especially with 6 attacks that re-roll to hit. Worth every point for sure, I hate to think what one would do with that armourbane sword!!!

I've seen some convincing cloaks made from tissue and PVA in the heresy forum, I think.

Easier than GS!

Do you have a link, by chance?  My searches are bringing up tons of results but if they're right I can't tell, haha.

Fit that smooth effect on the cloth, you really got to keep your fingers and tools damp. To get movement or billowing looking cloaks, you need to give it a basic shape, let it harden a bit, modify and smooth, let it harden a bit, smooth, etc. It's patience testing.

I'm looking through BCK's thread of stuff as I'm pretty sure he did a tutorial on makes capes with tissues and glue. I'm trying to find it but there's 100+ pages of awesomeness to go through: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278032-bcks-thread-of-stuff-titan-killer/

Edit: Found the specific post for tissue cloaks: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278032-bcks-thread-of-stuff-titan-killer/?p=3574931

Edited by marine7312000

Sigh. I'm having a go of it wrapping my brain on a new list or two I want to try out. Why do I have so many models?! xD xD xD

The curse!

Maybe pick a formation or two and build it up from there.

That's how I made the list for this weeks game - started with the LBSF and then took a couple other units I wanted to try, plus my staple (Squad firestorm, meltacide etc....)

Sigh. I'm having a go of it wrapping my brain on a new list or two I want to try out. Why do I have so many models?! xD xD xD

At least you have the models. I have ideas for like a thousand lists without having the models. xD

Ditto – I'm still (frustratingly slowly) working towards being able to field the things I really want to try!

Edited by LutherMax

At least you have the models. I have ideas for like a thousand lists without having the models. xD

Ditto – I'm still (frustratingly slowly) working towards being able to field the things I really want to try!

Count as where you can!

Full disclosure.... My "Quad Mortars" are actually a pair of Chaos Hellcannons that I obtained to be my 30k Deathguard Quad Mortars (a project I'm long past since actually doing and a couple hundred quid lighter for... Oops)