For me it is time management, as much as I work, I only have a limited time for hobbies. And lately 40k is more important than playing video games. I have 3-4 games from the holidays that I've picked up and played a total of 2 hours *maybe* a little more but not much.

I've found listening to audiobooks while painting help keep me motivated. The "Beast Arises" series is really good, and each audio is 5-7 hours long.

I go to the FLGS on off days that I don't have honey-dos and assemble/paint for about 3-4 hours. I talk a lot of shop but I still stay somewhat productive. We used to do Wednesday Night paint night at the store which helped everyone stay motivated, but that has long since passed. The rivalry between two FLGS saw to that.

Also I finished my scout squad. I'll have pics posted this evening hopefully around 17:00 CST.

Aye, videogames are my first love and, I spend far too much time on Overwatch as I always have some friends online and can form a group easily... Plus my games backlog dwarves even my hobby one...

As does my graphic novel one.

BUT I'm hoping the Heresy campaign and now being an established member of a gaming club will help. I thoroughly enjoyed my past couple games so will be looking to play more of course ;)

All good points.

For the ETL I was just lazy and didn't really have any space to paint - but I've gotten a solid area now :smile.:

Yup, I'm not taking a dig, just setting yourself too much to do can lead to paralysis and helpless flailing. Better in bite size chunks.

Contrary to the Reclusiarch, I would suggest not to paint an OIF all at once. I did last year and I lost all motivation and desire to do it. It took me several months in the end. Batches of 5 models, especially if they're detailed like custodes or BA tactical marines, then something fun, then another 5 infantry etc. 

Canadian FH started a good thread on hobby paralysis/procrastination in Amicus, and the symptoms are all too familiar. 

My wife is reading a book on how to stay positive when faced with overwhelming projects. One thing suggests is to focus on one part at a time and snow ball it. What has really helped me some (and I'm terrible about this) is 1 keeping your area clean, and 2 only have out the models you plan on working on. Make a goal that you want finished within a time frame.

My Goal is to have 2 more scout squads and a Tactical TDA squad done by the end of the second week of March. I'm behind, but I'm going to be working on that some more when I get off work. (if I'm not exhausted, I worked until 00:47 and have to be back by 8:30)

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Another vote not to try an OIF all in one go. I thought I was being clever and only attacked the 10 Assault Termies at once... I got all the base work done on them and burned out. Not gone back to them since, despite all the dull work being done already! I put them away a while ago and am currently working on Inquisition stuff, which made me have to root around to find some models yesterday where I came upon my OIF box...

Reckon I might pick them up again once I'm done with my current Inquisition projects. Maybe just 5 models at a time though ;)

Oh, then in that case go for it :P What I wouldn't give to be in the same place! I wanna try the formation but I dreamt too big and over committed. Still, every cloud and all that - I've finally painted some other models which I've had for a horrendously long time :)

These posts have been helping with my own motivation problem. I realized yesterday I'm just fed up with painting everything the same (I use the same colors for my BA and AdMech thinking that'd make it easier... Nope), hence the pull to a new system. Instead I'm just going to paint up a small chunk of models I can't or don't want to use for BA and painting then in a different scheme when I get fed up just to break monotony.

Here's a quick phone cam shot of what's on my painting table currently. Tactical marines inc two sergeants (magnetised) and a flamer (magnetised), and a Techmarine. Out of shot are two heavy flamer dudes.

These guys just need highlights, details, battle damage etc. Then it's on to the next thing in the queue!

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/tactical-marines-wip.jpg

I finished something else this weekend, can't post it here but if you're interested have a look!

These posts have been helping with my own motivation problem. I realized yesterday I'm just fed up with painting everything the same (I use the same colors for my BA and AdMech thinking that'd make it easier... Nope), hence the pull to a new system. Instead I'm just going to paint up a small chunk of models I can't or don't want to use for BA and painting then in a different scheme when I get fed up just to break monotony.

I always enjoy painting Librarians, Priests, Chaplains and Death Company for the exact same reason - a change is a good thing! :) When the time is right you'll come back to red after a break.:happy.: 

I'm thinking about the red problem.... But I don't want any other colours...

Yeah, there's definitely a reason all of my stuff thus far ended up red and black!

Yeah, I know dem feels. I already have Saim-Hann Eldar and Blood Angels, and I really want to do a small AdMech force at some point in the future. I should really look into doing those in another colour. :laugh.: