Tough Loss yesterday. Played 1k against Grey Knights. We had to call it on Turn 4 because my opponent was late. but he was up 7-4; We rolled Maelstrom, Cloak and shadows. Cold dice, and when I mean cold dice I mean I rolled double 1s on two mysterious objectives, then rolled 2 more additional ones to see if they exploded, and then stuck a 6 like a Tzeentch'n champ on hits and actually glanced my Death Company Dread on rear armour.

Winners of the Carmine Blades was Tactical TDAs with a TDA Librarian. they ate through two squads of terminators, and were in the process of mopping up a third. Only real mistake of the game was not paying attention to his Dread Knight's weapon load out and having my scout squad maimed turn one from that torrent flamer. I would've done things so much differently had I been paying more attention to detail. Next time I'll be taking Grav/Plas to help alleviate the army wide 2+ I wasn't fully equipped to dealing with. You live, you learn, and you get to throw dice!

Tough Loss yesterday. Played 1k against Grey Knights. We had to call it on Turn 4 because my opponent was late. but he was up 7-4; We rolled Maelstrom, Cloak and shadows. Cold dice, and when I mean cold dice I mean I rolled double 1s on two mysterious objectives, then rolled 2 more additional ones to see if they exploded, and then stuck a 6 like a Tzeentch'n champ on hits and actually glanced my Death Company Dread on rear armour.

Winners of the Carmine Blades was Tactical TDAs with a TDA Librarian. they ate through two squads of terminators, and were in the process of mopping up a third. Only real mistake of the game was not paying attention to his Dread Knight's weapon load out and having my scout squad maimed turn one from that torrent flamer. I would've done things so much differently had I been paying more attention to detail. Next time I'll be taking Grav/Plas to help alleviate the army wide 2+ I wasn't fully equipped to dealing with. You live, you learn, and you get to throw dice!

Tell me about cold dice. Yesterday my Tau Stealth Suit rolled a 1 for dangerous terrain, failed his armor and barely made his FnP and in the assault phase he failed dangerous terrain again, then his armour with a 1 again and then finally his FnP with a 1.

Was a Killteam game so the loss was rather big. Time I get my Knights of Blood Killteam going i guess. :D

Tell me about cold dice. Yesterday my Tau Stealth Suit rolled a 1 for dangerous terrain, failed his armor and barely made his FnP and in the assault phase he failed dangerous terrain again, then his armour with a 1 again and then finally his FnP with a 1.

Was a Killteam game so the loss was rather big. Time I get my Knights of Blood Killteam going i guess. :biggrin.:

Your what? TAU!?

+++HERESY+++

+++Inquisition requested+++

Was a Killteam game so the loss was rather big. Time I get my Knights of Blood Killteam going i guess. :biggrin.:

Your what? TAU!?

+++HERESY+++

+++Inquisition requested+++

Wha- wait what? Tau? Where?

There is no heresy here, I swear!

hides his Chapter Name :ph34r.:

Edited by sfPanzer

Cheers, man. It feels good to be back in the swing with my Tears after I spent a lot of time over the last 12 months on other stuff.

Can't wait to see you finish those Luther!

Totally personal preference but I want to see some MKIII pads on those guys, the extra trim and bolts would beef them up.

I'm thinking the same thing. Here is one with the rimmed MKIV pads from Betrayal at Calth – I think they work nicely!

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sanguinary-Guard-WIP-03.jpg

I see you were getting towards my suggestion on your thread anyway! It does look great.

Played a game today against a guy who decided to give his friends tsons a try. Magnus aint no joke. He picked up three units a turn and i gave up start of turn 3. Brutal.

On the other hand i played 3 death co squads and an oif into a tau army of riptide, broadside, hammerhead, 3 fire warrior squads, and 3 path finder squads and wrecked face when i siezed i itiave turn one. Deleted three units, next turn the terminators came in and the opponent conceded right after.

Magnus is freakin' INSANE.

The best bet you have is to try and ground him with shooting (somehow...) and then tie him up with fearless Death Company, hopefully getting a wound or 2 in with hidden power fists. A DC Chaplain with the re-rolls might mean you edge out a couple of wounds in the first round of combat. If Dante was present you could always hit'n'run too...

Grav doesn't touch him (wounds on a 4+) and everything with a S value outside of endless Lascannons will just fail to wound or be saved often (he will often have a 3++ re-rolling 1s).

Best bet is to play to objectives.

An allied Skyhammer isn't a bad shout - but again that isn't exactly BA....

If by some miracle you are allowed to cast Mephiston's sword power you can try and stab him with S10.... I guess.

Edited by Charlo

I wonder if he could get stuck in combat with Celestine if people mainly use him in gliding mode. Unfortunately I don't know his stats atm so I can't do the math but it sure would be fun to see the opponents face....I bet quite a few would be super salty that their Daemon Primarch gets stuck against a 200p 'human' and complain how broken she is while completely ignoring that they brought a Daemon Primarch in the first place. :D

Got a game tonight. 2k vs Chaos, more than likely Iron Warriors.

Not a clue what he's running but I felt like trying out the Lost Brotherhood with some MSU fun, with a CAD to get in some scoring for maelstrom too.

Here is what I'm looking at:

CAD

Librarian - Veritas Vitae - WARLORD

Tactical Squad - 2 Hand Flamer, Flamer, Heavy Flamer in Pod

Scouts - Heavy Bolter and 4 Snipers

Scouts - 6 Bolt Pistols & CCW

2 Quad Mortars

Stormraven - Multi Melta, Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolters

LOST BROTHERHOOD STRIKE FORCE

DC Chaplain - Gilded Crozius

DC Squad - 5 guys, Power Sword, Jump Packs

DC Squad - 5 guys, Thunder Hammer, Jump Packs

DC Squad - 6 Guys, Power Sword, Power Fist (no packs, but go in raven with Chaplain)

DC Dread - Pod

Assault Squad - 2 Inferno Pistols, 2 Melta Guns in a Pod

Bike Squad - Combi Grav, 2 Grav Guns, Multi Melta Attack Bike

ike Squad - Combi Grav, 2 Grav Guns, Multi Melta Attack Bike

Are you taking the DCC with the footy Boys in black to extend their charge distance//re-roll charge? Almost seems more beneficial to put him with a squad of the bikes for T5 majority 4+FnP

He gives all DC an extra attack within 12" because of the formation bonuses. Plus his FNP re-roll of 1s is awesome for them, as is the re-rolls for everything else. He'll basically just turn them into a mini-murder squad.

While he would get T5 from the bikes, he doesn't provide any FNP to them, so they wouldn't have a 4+. Also, I want those guys strafing, using their speed to grab objectives - not stuck in combat really :)

Aha! Nah the Librarian is just going to take Prescience and sit with the Quad Mortars... OR maybe pod in with the assault squad... We will see.

With the Veritas I'll be rolling twice on Strategic as normal, hoping for the ruins buff and then re-roll reserves.

Just checking with that... Because of a CAD I can re-roll both rolls, or even just one?

Also, TIL: Allied Detachments get Obj Sec.

Edited by Charlo