I don't see how EC can out assault us tho. They don't do melee any better than other Chaos Legions. Always striking first rarely makes a difference in my experience. The real scary thing about them is double shooting Noise Marines with +1 to wound and a potential 5+ FnP.

I know its a shame but as im dealing with a depression doing something that just puts me into a pit just doesnt work...

He's really my only opponent and he plays EC, Eldar and Tau...so its just a different colored tape playing the same sad song. Im tired of hearing this song.

Always striking first is pretty damned good though, it's just less impactful now with Red Thirst... but I'll never forgive Lucius the Eternal for killing 6 assault terminators and terminator chaplain in 1 turn though haha.

Anyway agreed their shooting is really the scariest part but shooting still wins games.

EDIT: haven't played against tau yet but Eldar is really strong again too.

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard

I don't see how EC can out assault us tho. They don't do melee any better than other Chaos Legions. Always striking first rarely makes a difference in my experience. The real scary thing about them is double shooting Noise Marines with +1 to wound and a potential 5+ FnP.

Its not that they out assault us. Its that assaulting them doesnt work and as said before out shooting them doesnt work. So your left with...nothing works.

Suffered another enormous loss to my EC playing friend. Im done with 40k for a while now...no point in playing a game your destined to lose.

Would you be up for writing up a small summary/battle report? I find reviewing my game that way to help :)

Suffered another enormous loss to my EC playing friend. Im done with 40k for a while now...no point in playing a game your destined to lose.

Would you be up for writing up a small summary/battle report? I find reviewing my game that way to help :)

Maybe when im not feeling so down.

Would you be up for writing up a small summary/battle report? I find reviewing my game that way to help :smile.:

Looking forward to it!

Hope you feel better dude.

Its not that they out assault us. Its that assaulting them doesnt work and as said before out shooting them doesnt work. So your left with...nothing works.

Have you tried crashing a rhino into them before assaulting to negate overwatch? I would most likely take an assault before assaulting a unit of them if I'm already on the board and have the position to do both (unless I have a hard killy unit)

We have lots of options to out shoot them it's if you want to give up models elsewhere.

Could be list design, could be placement. Could be a plethora of things. Maybe try playing other people or lists. Talk it over with your opponent to see what could have been different, what they may change.

I said it before but nothing about their special rule allows them to shoot into an ongoing close combat so unless you wipe the whole unit the unit you assaulted them with is save against the krak spam.

Hey lads, hope everyone had a great and safe New Years.

Thanks for all the great memories over the last year.

A smidge late, but here's to us, and may we get x squads done as our newyears resolutions!

Cheers!

-DBH

Technically Tuesday and yesterday, but after moving I found some of my unpainted Lamenters in a box... and now they have been base coated.  I guess my dark angels will be on hold for a little while now.

... and I should probably pick up the new codex when I swing by my GW this weekend...

Just finished up a game against some tau, lost 3-4. It did not feel close at all even though the points tell a different story. I even still could have won potentially if I didn't forget to use Upon Wings of Fire earlier in the game to grab an obj.

Tau were tough ( 4x melta commanders DSing everywhere was nuts!), but really I just couldn't roll well at all today.

Those Jetbikes really are too sweet but I'll try and resist adding Custodes to my army as long as I don't know where GW will take the Primaris part of Blood Angels. :P