Played 2 games today. Not a great list but wanted to try a fat wad of sanguinary guard and death company, so used forlorn fury and descent of angels turn 1. First game I got shot off the board by grav spam mechanicum+ cawl. Second game I stomped an iron hands player. Turn 1, I wrecked a predator, land speeder, 2 razorbacks, and tied up the squads inside + a vindicator. The sheer alpha of 15 death co and 10 sanguinary guard hitting half his army turn 1 won the game for me easily.

I’m super happy, though there are a couple changes (sanguinary priests with jump packs, Baal preds are bad, Dante is overcosted, I miss dreads in drop pods).

I got the ebook and am reasonably happy with what I see. We have a bunch of new stuff to play with (that we should have gotten in the 7th ed Dex) and some solid rules.

I think this will keep us going for 6 months to a year until we see where we are in the meta and we get another chapter approved, and hopefully a BA specific release.

If we get one change, its that I want a power sword on our Primaris sarges.

That's it aha.

No Gravis armor for Librarians that are shown?

That art is a regular primaris librarian I think, it looks just like the actual model

also yes, I really want power swords on sergeants

Pg. 32; that's definitely Gravis Armor.  Doesn't look anything like any of the other Librarians we see modeled.

Dunno I too think it looks like the Gravis armor. Then again it's pretty hard to tell due the psychic hood and the cloak. The psychic hood looks just like the Gravis hood and the cloak hides many details to determine which armor it is.

The bellyplates look more like the Gravis armor but he has a belt which Gravis armor doesn't have. Then again he also has pretty massive gloves which the normal armor doesn't have either.

It could be either, really.

the actual primaris librarian model has the same belly armour, and the same style robes and the same gauntlets and the same leg detailing - the feet on the art are missing the extra reinforcement that gravis has.

its also the art used for the PDF when the primaris librarian came out.

Edited by Blindhamster

the actual primaris librarian model has the same belly armour, and the same style robes and the same gauntlets and the same leg detailing - the feet on the art are missing the extra reinforcement that gravis has.

its also the art used for the PDF when the primaris librarian came out.

Makes sense, I didn't look at the actual Librarian model. ^^

Hi all, a new Blood Angels Ancient for my army.

<snip>

Aub.

Amazing. Very amazing. I'd be honored to have a warrior like that leading my army. Did you free hand the flag? Truly exceptional.

Thanks and thanks all.

Yes it's a free hand. my first since 15/20 year.

My last assault squad. (with two power sword for HH30K).

escoua11.jpg

escoua10.jpg

Aub.

Thinking about dropping my Knights of Blood project......to turn them into Knights of Baal!

Dante said there won't be a honor chapter with their name and color scheme but that doesn't mean there won't be a different chapter with an extremely similar name and color scheme. :teehee:

You don't have to, but a psychic hood would definitely be more WYSIWYG...not like Marines could play psyker without it but still.

It's just part of the Marine psyker look. Even Mephiston has one, albeit a very unique one.

Apologies if earlier in thread however was wondering if Astorath can be used in successor chapters. Bit confused as states named characters can't change chapter title.

Only in a mixed detachment or seperate Blood Angel detachment. His Blood Angel faction keyword is fix like that of any other special character.

Had my first game with new rules (based off of leaks in a test/concept format) against my perpetual frenemy who plays Black Templars and Ravenwing.

He brought a fairly fluffy list, packing 3x Landraiders (2x Crusaders, 1x Godhammer), a bunch of min/max melta Crusader squads, Cataphractii, Captain/Chapter Master on bike, and two LC Stormtalons.

I will get the details up some other time, but I brought a weird list to mess around with.

Some notes:

-our Psyker powers are bonkers, especially on a Libby Dread. Even though I failed 3/4 attempts (I seem to have atrocious luck with Psykers), the Libby Dread did work. Had I remembered Force Halberd is now D:3 instead of D:D3, one of the aforementioned LR’s would have been soloed

-unless you can guarantee enough CP to get Descent of Angels, there’s little point holding a DC Bomb unit in Reserve. You need their Distraction Carnifex aspect as much as their Damage output

-always mix a few power sword/axes into your DC unit

-3x Preds with Killshot Strategem + a Dread babysitting them with twin LC and the Ancients Strategem is solid theory

-why I play Blood Angels: Jump Captain with TH/combi-melta goes bat - :cuss crazy with the DC Strategem. Meltas an enemy Stormtalon, charges it, doing another 9 Damage to blow it up, consolidates into the other Stormtalon, and using the Honor the Chapter (3CP) Strategem, managed to do another 6W to it all by himself in a single Fight phase.

Sadly the wounded bird flapped away, and those 3CP pretty much cost me he game, but My God was it Rule of Cool. My opponent literally took his hat off in salute and we fist bumped about it. It’s those moments and the mental images that make this hobby so awesome

Edited by Indefragable

What an epic scene! Could only have been better with Powerfists instead of Thunderhammers! :D (also imagine that Captain with one of the two-handed Thunderhammers Deathwatch has ^^)

What an epic scene! Could only have been better with Powerfists instead of Thunderhammers! :D (also imagine that Captain with one of the two-handed Thunderhammers Deathwatch has ^^)

I have mine model with it anyways, looks cooler. I just etched off the Deathwatch icons and used the arms that go with it. Pretty excited to use him.