I'm of the opinion that aura buffing characters should be counted on as a bonus only. They should not be relied upon. Strategies and game plans that rely on our aura buffs to be competitive are not the way to go.

Plan for the worst case scenario, IE Death Company with no buffs; SG without the warlord. If you can find a way to maximize the effectiveness of those units without aura buffs then having an actual buffer along will only increase the effectiveness of your overall plan.

Hope that makes sense. Plan for the lowest common denominator (no buffing auras). Rejoice when your buffers make the charge or are able to follow along. 

I'm of the opinion that aura buffing characters should be counted on as a bonus only. They should not be relied upon. Strategies and game plans that rely on our aura buffs to be competitive are not the way to go.

Plan for the worst case scenario, IE Death Company with no buffs; SG without the warlord. If you can find a way to maximize the effectiveness of those units without aura buffs then having an actual buffer along will only increase the effectiveness of your overall plan.

Hope that makes sense. Plan for the lowest common denominator (no buffing auras). Rejoice when your buffers make the charge or are able to follow along. 

If we already are wishlisting then not to forget everything being 100% balanced including melee being as viable as shooting.

Seriously, in a perfect world we could see them as that however melee units struggle as is and having a harder time enjoying character buffs than shooty units doesn't make it better. :rolleyes:

If we already are wishlisting then not to forget everything being 100% balanced including melee being as viable as shooting.

Seriously, in a perfect world we could see them as that however melee units struggle as is and having a harder time enjoying character buffs than shooty units doesn't make it better. :rolleyes:

I guess the actual point of my post was that I wouldn't plan on having aura buffs when choosing my army and units. The buffs are just a bonus.

They're too much a key part of the game now I feel.

Most if not all factions have re-roll characters.

I agree. You can plan your list to work without them but you will just end up handi-capping yourself. 8th ed is designed to work around your "heroes and leaders" and for their skill and prowess to be reflected on the field of battle.

Merry Christmas and happy Sanguinula Brothers and sisters.

The wife got me a Badger 350F-9 airbrush and a Badger AS180-12 compressor. I'm super stoked to be apart of the airbrush group. Going to be a learning curve but I am super excited about it!

Merry Christmas and happy Sanguinula Brothers and sisters.

The wife got me a Badger 350F-9 airbrush and a Badger AS180-12 compressor. I'm super stoked to be apart of the airbrush group. Going to be a learning curve but I am super excited about it!

Top wife! Grab yourself a bottle of flow improver and put a drop or 2 into your paint. This will prevent the dreaded dry-tip which can be a real pita when you're air brushing .

I scoped an Elrad, a Great gaunt summoner, a Scale 75 shades of doom paint set, and a number of super models from the Dark Lands Byzantii faction including a huge resin lion! Well chuffed.

I've decided next year my hobby goals will be to go small. That means a small patrol force of primaris BA are on the cards.

If I want to make a Captain Smashypants, and don't really have any spare models/bits to do so, would the Vanguard Veteran Squad box be the best option to enable me to do so? Is he going to look 'captainy' enough if I make him out of just the Veteran sprue?

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Craftworld Biel-Tan today. Pretty bummed out really.

Your penance shall be dictated by the Sanguinary Priests. Your atonement shall be by describing your victories and failures versus the perfidious xenos threat, so that other Brothers may benefit.

So it is said, so it is done. In Sanguinius' name.

Had my first game with the new codex 2 days ago.

Won a crushing victory against wolves.

Dices where against my opponent though. He missed all his deep strike charges. (nanananananaaa, no strategems for him!) And i made nearly all of mine.

I saved all of my deep strikers for my turn two. Then he had all of his on the table and i had a more target rich environment.

I had a 8 man sang guard with libby and sang priest support in reserve. Ended up using them to take down 3 intersessors. I really lacked juicy targets so i wanted to save my objectives insteadt.

I have gotten a new perspective on pistols. After taking a beating from Arjac Rockfist my sanguinary guards got locked with Lukas the Trickster. If you slay him in the fight phase there's a roll-off that can end up in d6 mortal wounds..... inferno pistol to the crotch made sure that never happened.

Captain smashypants did his thing and charged his unit of thunderwolf cavalry. Killing them off way to slowly and nearly dieing. Bloody storm shields. -.- After taking the last one out he was heroically shot to pieces by long fangs.

Libby dread turn 1 charged a group of hellblasters. Only shots they made was overwatch!

Had a group of snipers on a objective. Targeted his 3++ save drad turn one. ''Dont worry they are not really dangerous''. Made 3 sixes on my would rolls. :tongue.:

A min cost units of scouts made a turn 1 charge on a small group of blood claws. Taking a while to dispatch of them they moved on to another group of long fangs locking them for the rest of the game. A power sword here would have done wonders.

Lots of stuff learned. Lots of laughs. Really looking forward to bring out the loyalist side of the angels of death again.

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Craftworld Biel-Tan today. Pretty bummed out really.

Your penance shall be dictated by the Sanguinary Priests. Your atonement shall be by describing your victories and failures versus the perfidious xenos threat, so that other Brothers may benefit.

So it is said, so it is done. In Sanguinius' name.

There will be a battle report soon on my blog, as is my way. I just need to get more match fit which will eliminate mistakes from my game(s)...

Brothers, I'm thinking about getting an airbrush and was wondering if anyone could give me a rough $$ estimate for everything I would possibly need.

I only really want it for base coats, so I'm not looking for anything too crazy... I'm thinking it may make it a lot quicker and easier to base my guys without having to worry about the weather.

I'm sure I could find a guide somewhere, but wanted to get your guys' thoughts!

I'm probably playing a 500p match against a new Ork player some day next week and I'm debating whether a unit of 3 Bolter Inceptors is too hard or not....it's a lot of dakka (average of 8 dead Orks per shooting phase) but it's also more than a fifth of my army in just three models. :unsure.:

Edited by sfPanzer

Brothers, I'm thinking about getting an airbrush and was wondering if anyone could give me a rough $$ estimate for everything I would possibly need.

I only really want it for base coats, so I'm not looking for anything too crazy... I'm thinking it may make it a lot quicker and easier to base my guys without having to worry about the weather.

I bought mine around 5 years ago so it will possibly be alot cheaper now. If i recall correctly i payed around 100$ for a pretty decent harder steinbeck evolution airbrush. But i payed twice the amount for the compressor. What matters alot in the compresser is that it is oil free and have a air tank. Else its just gonna keep trucking as soon as its on and you will go insane.

A friend of mine bought one of those really cheap sets off ebay and it works fine for basecoating.

Depending on where you live and how much research you wanna do you can probably get really far with 100-200$

I recommend the badger patriot 105. It's a dual action internal airbrush. It would be what you would want for multiple use as you can even hit eye lenses with it.

If you're looking at base coating I recommend the badger 350. It is a work horse. Both are around USD $80-$120 the compressors are like 250+ I would also recommend the one I got.

For Christmas. if you want to go fancy Itawaba is one of the best but also $$$$