I've been playing mostly with my Death Korps but today I played against Eldar with BA (and got annihilated), then in a team game with Ultramarines against Salamanders and Dark Angels that we won.

Eldar is really good again, the weight of fire they can bring is just outstanding and their CP are super undercosted... the fire prism "line breaker" only requires 2 tanks and is 1 cp - and is also much better and much deadlier. The Alaitoc trait (-1 to hit) is just so good and they are so fast and kept moving away and out ranging me with massive amounts of shooting. This game was really finished by the end of his turn 1... but we played another turn regardless.

The Salamanders and Dark Angels are no slouch either, but the BA did the tanking and distraction in that game while the Ultramarines sat back and cleaned up, we won by objectives fairly handily.

I've been playing mostly with my Death Korps but today I played against Eldar with BA (and got annihilated), then in a team game with Ultramarines against Salamanders and Dark Angels that we won.

Eldar is really good again, the weight of fire they can bring is just outstanding and their CP are super undercosted... the fire prism "line breaker" only requires 2 tanks and is 1 cp - and is also much better and much deadlier. The Alaitoc trait (-1 to hit) is just so good and they are so fast and kept moving away and out ranging me with massive amounts of shooting. This game was really finished by the end of his turn 1... but we played another turn regardless.

The Salamanders and Dark Angels are no slouch either, but the BA did the tanking and distraction in that game while the Ultramarines sat back and cleaned up, we won by objectives fairly handily.

Eldar are really tough. Having 2 20 man blobs deepstriking into your backfield that are about to get guide and doom off is really, really nasty. 80+ shots with 40+ re-rolling misses and all of them re-rolling to wound your toughest units, and they dont care about toughness since a 6 is resolved at AP-4, gives your opponent a huge leg up.

Almost all of the Eldar traits are good too.

Don't feel terrible about losing to that army it's a really tough out.

What were the lists? It could have been placement, Sometimes I take pictures of battles against opponents to study what I did wrong/right.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Greetings Brothers!

Just finished my Rhino:

gallery_27170_10285_275768.jpg

:smile.:

:wub:

Pintle-mounted, drum fed assault cannons are now my favourite thing in the whole world.

Cool freehand and great weathering on the portions nearest to the ground, some realistic fading going on.

Played a 2x500 vs 1x1000 togher with a new Ork player against AdMech.

No clue what I could have done with a Primaris list against the two Onager and the two melee Kastellans and Orks aren't that great against tanks either if they can't get them into melee afaik.

The Katellans got taken care of by a unit of Boyz and some smite casting from her Weirdboy and my Librarian tho but it was basically over at the end of turn 2. Only a unit of 5 Intercessors, a Weirdboy a Warboss and my Librarian Dread survived but none of them in range to charge anything next turn.

To be fair I didn't utilize my Librarian Dread properly so it could have maybe gotten rid of one Onager with use of all my CP and the Ork and my list weren't optimal either (too elite with mostly Warbikes/Nobz on Bikes and two HQ on the Ork side and too elite and melee focussed on my side with Reivers, Inceptors and the Librarian Dread) but we just used what we had assembled/painted.

If anything the game served to make me think about what to do against such a list...and honestly apart from bringing more Intercessors for mass and Hellblaster with an Ancient+Relic Banner for quality shooting and hoping a Captain Smash can take care of most of the tanks I have no clue.

Primaris really need something to reliably take on tanks without being so expensive that you can afford only like one unit in your list and hope it survives long enough to do its job.

Eldar are really tough. Having 2 20 man blobs deepstriking into your backfield that are about to get guide and doom off is really, really nasty. 80+ shots with 40+ re-rolling misses and all of them re-rolling to wound your toughest units, and they dont care about toughness since a 6 is resolved at AP-4, gives your opponent a huge leg up.

Almost all of the Eldar traits are good too.

Don't feel terrible about losing to that army it's a really tough out.

What were the lists? It could have been placement, Sometimes I take pictures of battles against opponents to study what I did wrong/right.

His army was all bikes (no troops)... 2 farseers on bikes, tons and tons of bikes, 2 fire prisms, a few other smaller skimmers with long guns forgot the names and two Hemlock flyers (which are also psykers). The Hemlocks were able to get right up to my characters turn 1 and put a hurt on the Libby dread and captain. He also killed almost all of my armour turn 1... a 3rd party setup the terrain and there was literally no LOS blocking at all.

On my turn the SG assaulted and killed a Hemlock, and captain smash and Libby dread assaulted the other and killed it - but that latter exploded, killing the Dread and putting 2 wounds on the captain. The rest of his army just kept backing up and shooting the crap out of me...

We talked quite a bit about it after, he played Eldar all during 7th, and eventually just agreed it was a bad matchup, as I was literally almost tabled before I even had a turn. His -1 To-Hit modifier army wide rule, as insane as that is, barely even came into play as he stayed out of range and killed all my stuff so fast. So yeah, I still hate Eldar.

@Lord Leonatos - love that rhino!

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard

I have re-ignited my Sons of Sanguinius project:
924012_sm-.JPG924013_sm-.JPG924014_sm-.JPG

I've not been able to find anything concrete about exactly when the Flesh Eaters were excommunicated, but I feel like it's been a little while, so I want him to slightly older looking gear and to have the white hair to hint at being pretty old. Painting-wise I've tried to take cues from Midnight Runner's excellent interpretation of the chapter, particularly the pale, blue-tinged vampiric skin tone.

The Flesh Eaters were one of the High Lord's secret weapons for a time. Them, the carcharadons, charnell guard and one other charter were often deployed to punish other Astartes chapters that for whatever reason upset the High Lords.

I didn't read it yet but I heard they return to help out in the devastation of baal.

That model looks awesome too btw.

The Flesh Eaters were one of the High Lord's secret weapons for a time. Them, the carcharadons, charnell guard and one other charter were often deployed to punish other Astartes chapters that for whatever reason upset the High Lords.

I didn't read it yet but I heard they return to help out in the devastation of baal.

Oh cool, where does that fluff come from? I'd love to read it in some more depth (if there is any). I keep thinking I'm going to have to pick up DoB too for the Successor action.

Thanks for the compliment.

Oh cool, where does that fluff come from? I'd love to read it in some more depth (if there is any). I keep thinking I'm going to have to pick up DoB too for the Successor action.

It was in one of the older FW IA books... I think maybe the War Machines of Astartes 2nd edition...

It was only a tiny paragraph if I remember correctly describing just one incident, and then there was something in the Deathwatch RPG. As far as I know there hasn't been any substantial written about them. Flesh Eaters were my Rogue Trader "army" haha... there was also the creation of Space Marine WD article that was also in one of the Index Astartes book that mentioned them briefly.

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard

It was in one of the older FW IA books... I think maybe the War Machines of Astartes 2nd edition...

It was only a tiny paragraph if I remember correctly describing just one incident, and then there was something in the Deathwatch RPG. As far as I know there hasn't been any substantial written about them. Flesh Eaters were my Rogue Trader "army" haha... there was also the creation of Space Marine WD article that was also in one of the Index Astartes book that mentioned them briefly.

I shall have to go flick back through the IA then, been a while since I read it. Blessing and the curse of the successors: paucity of information.

I have re-ignited my Sons of Sanguinius project:

924012_sm-.JPG

Hidden Content
924013_sm-.JPG924014_sm-.JPG

I've not been able to find anything concrete about exactly when the Flesh Eaters were excommunicated, but I feel like it's been a little while, so I want him to slightly older looking gear and to have the white hair to hint at being pretty old. Painting-wise I've tried to take cues from Midnight Runner's excellent interpretation of the chapter, particularly the pale, blue-tinged vampiric skin tone.

Awesome take!

A whole army like this would be rather striking for sure. Your painting is a treat as always buddy.