What an epic scene! Could only have been better with Powerfists instead of Thunderhammers! :biggrin.: (also imagine that Captain with one of the two-handed Thunderhammers Deathwatch has ^^)

I have mine model with it anyways, looks cooler. I just etched off the Deathwatch icons and used the arms that go with it. Pretty excited to use him.

You could just have used the Deathcompany hammers to be honest. :D

Someone in my group posted new informations about Primarchs from the new Fabius Bile novel.

-One of the Lost Primarchs during the first centuries of the Great Crusade went into the dark heart of the Ymga Monolith. It's implied that what he found inside caused his purge by the Emperor. What did he find inside?

-Trazyn said that he came close to capturing one of the a Primarch a few centuries ago. The novel takes place in 900+ 41M. A few centures ago could be 800 or 700. Which Primarch was he referring to.

-The Primarchs record information and memories into their genes. That's why cloned Primarchs recall the memories of the original. Cloned Primarchs do indeed have the same warp presence and awe inducing presence of the originals.

The important thing being the last note. Of course it explains how he could clone Horus without him having a soul etc. but what I realized is that it could also be one way to explain the Black Rage.

We know that Blood Angels take in the memories etc. from the beings they drink the blood from. So the Black Rage could be not 'just' a psychic backlash but simply the actual memories of a dying Sanguinius they took in and lost control of. Also an explanation why the Primaris don't have it since they never drank blood from Sanguinius like the others.

Food for thought.

(edit: it's also a backdoor to bring back any primarch they want as long as they have access to the DNA and a capable scientist on the level of Bile I guess...)

Edited by sfPanzer

-One of the Lost Primarchs during the first centuries of the Great Crusade went into the dark heart of the Ymga Monolith. It's implied that what he found inside caused his purge by the Emperor. What did he find inside?

Ooooo, missing Primarch fluff. GIMME! :biggrin.: Curious as this is supposedly a Necron artifact and they were pretty much dormant during the GC. Still, if the Emperor really did beat up and imprison a C'tan shard of the Void Dragon, who knows how much info he could have on them.

-Trazyn said that he came close to capturing one of the a Primarch a few centuries ago. The novel takes place in 900+ 41M. A few centures ago could be 800 or 700. Which Primarch was he referring to.

Wonderfully ambiguous. As far as we know, only the Chaos Primarchs were active in that time frame. Maybe a combination of Pylons to sever their connection to the Warp and a tesseract vault could capture one. That would certainly make a good long-term solution to the problems they cause. Then again, Trazyn may be saying "close" but meaning "half-a-dozen light years". :wink:

The other possibility is that it is one of missing Loyalist Primarchs who could be active in secret. That sounds unlikely given the dire state of the Imperium but anything is possible.

-The Primarchs record information and memories into their genes. That's why cloned Primarchs recall the memories of the original. Cloned Primarchs do indeed have the same warp presence and awe inducing presence of the originals.

Genetic memory made little sense in Dune when knowledge of DNA was in its infancy and makes even less sense now. That means the Primarchs' genomes would literally grow as they aged. Oh well, it's not like GW pretends 40K is sci-fi anyway. :tongue.:

Edited by Karhedronuk

Genetic memory made little sense in Dune when knowledge of DNA was in its infancy and makes even less sense now. That means the Primarchs' genomes would literally grow as they aged. Oh well, it's not like GW pretends 40K is sci-fi anyway. :tongue.:

I agree. Either that or their DNA is full of blank space waiting to be filled lol

But yeah it's fantasy in space, not sci-fi. Many things don't make much sense there.

Got some of the helmets for my Primaris delivered today...now I just need to decide how to mark my unit Sergeants. Normally it would be a black pauldron, however with the KoB color scheme the Pauldrons are the only really red thing (together with the aquila) on the model so I'm heistant to paint it black. Also because part of the KoB emblem is black as well (the swords).

Maybe I just paint the helmet black instead?

I agree. Either that or their DNA is full of blank space waiting to be filled lol

But yeah it's fantasy in space, not sci-fi. Many things don't make much sense there.

Sane biology aside, this would explain why the two missing primarchs HAD to be destroyed. Any sort of contamination would have altered the DNA of the primarch which would infect their legions. So if the legion and primarch were matched, then the entire stock was tainted. Furthermore, the Emperor "could" have cloned the primarchs once he had their DNA but genetic memory would nullify this wish since they retain their memories.

If primarch was not matched, then I can see this also leading to the "increased numbers" certain legions received mysteriously. Very interesting and does make it seem real curious as to what he found with the two primarchs. I am guessing one was chaos tainted (the others not knowing except maybe Russ) and one could have had some other type of corruption. Perhaps one was a pacifist and so he was "put down" and his legion absorbed? There was some things written that Big E would not tolerate "weak" primarchs and nearly offed Vulcan until he came around and showed them what for.

Good thing that I don't like painting enough to ever try to get that good at freehands. :D

Honestly, freehanding is a totally different experience to rank and file painting. I loathe getting a 10 man unit to tabletop standard but could happily spend hours adding details like chapter and company badges, honour markings, kill markings, random dags and stuff to a single model. Give it a go, you might surprise yourself!

Edited by Xenith

Good thing that I don't like painting enough to ever try to get that good at freehands. :biggrin.:

Honestly, freehanding is a totally different experience to rank and file painting. I loathe getting a 10 man unit to tabletop standard but could happily spend hours adding details like chapter and company badges, honour markings, kill markings, random dags and stuff to a single model. Give it a go, you might surprise yourself!

Oh I know, I do those small things occasionally. They are still rather tedious for me and of course aren't even close to the level of what's shown above. :D