I always liked the idea of Deathwatch, but I'm going to stick with pure BA for the Marine part. I'm sure we will get something cool for our Primaris as well eventually. ^^

I mean we already do. Our primaris are the best primaris in melee even now. :happy.:

True, now only if we had a viable delivery system...................

20 Intercessors plus transports is close to 1000 points, more if you customize those repulsors.

It could work, 20 intercessors in your face in T2 in not pretty, BUT, is it BA?

True, now only if we had a viable delivery system...................

20 Intercessors plus transports is close to 1000 points, more if you customize those repulsors.

It could work, 20 intercessors in your face in T2 in not pretty, BUT, is it BA?

We don't need it. Just rock 10-man squads and walk them up the board. They don't want to be in melee. But they can be. I'm actually building up 5th company of the Flesh Tearers right now. My captain, having survived Ka'Bandha in Devastation of Baal, leads his men to hold back on assault until entirely necessary. I've also restructured the company to be mostly primaris and scouts. As the Flesh Tearers maybe had 50-100 marines left after the fight on Baal Prime. Also, Guilliman has giving Dante the right to lead all the successor chapters recreating the Blood Angel legion in essence. With that done and with all the new training that would be taking place I have decided that Dante would have wanted them to develop the companies how the captains saw fit. There is no skeleton key to war. You need to be able to adapt and change and the codex astartes was about strict order and didn't allow for much change.

Wow that was a tangent.. lol!

Finally managed to get some paint on my Sang Guard and finish up some Tacticals this weekend. I know its a paltry amount to what some people achieve, but I've just had a third child so hobby time is sparse at the moment!

Hi fellow fraters. I´m still alive but i´m busy in my final semester of my distance LL.B. 

I will be back soon in hope to get a game or two with my beloved blood angels.

I came along fielding full sized squads of scouts with a thunderhammer on the sarge. Is this a thing now? 

I´m also curious if somebody knows how BA have done in the London GT. ^^ Can BA  still compete after the great impact of the faq?

Edited by Riot Earp

Hi fellow fraters. I´m still alive but i´m busy in my final semester of my distance LL.B. 

I will be back soon in hope to get a game or two with my beloved blood angels.

I came along fielding full sized squads of scouts with a thunderhammer on the sarge. Is this a thing now? 

I´m also curious if somebody knows how BA have done in the London GT. ^^ Can BA  still compete after the great impact of the faq?

Scout sarges can take any melee weapon from the list. Pistols as well. They can also opt for sniper rifle, shotgun or combat knife. So you're okay to thunder it up!

These will be my vow for the ETL - click for on them for biggerer piccerers.

++ I make this 215 + 100 + 24 for 2 fists +27 for 3 Inferno pistols = 366 points ??

Can somebody confirm please :D

I converted the plastic DC Chaplain into a Dante, as I need another Chaplain like a hole in the head, but it was too nice a model not to use. All the bits are from the Sang Guard box.

Jump-pack's just tacked on for photos, so it's a bit wobbly.

gWc4HEG8_t.jpg KXd67ElJ_t.jpg

Managed to make some Sang Guard that don't look like they're dancing, and actually look like they might kick some ass.

oLTZ6Fav_t.jpg q0Xt73bg_t.jpg

Some Rhinos, because Rhinos. Roof hatches are loose, so can be switched for Raz's easily.

These will be vow #2 if I get the Dante etc done with enough time left.

axoazOWf_t.jpg

And my current favourite modelling set-up :thumbsup:

FEE00wiI_t.jpg

<p>

Well I had a 2000pts game yesterday against my friend's Imperial Guard and here are some of the highlights for you :) :

• 10 man squad of Hellblasters deleted a Valkarie, even though it was in flying mode along with a chimera and part of a Guard Squad
  • Death Co Cataphractii Captain killing off two sentinels along with a primaris psyker and wounding a tech-priest
  • 10 man lightning claw Cataphractii Terminator squad munching through a chimera, 1 guard squad with a heavy weapon and a platoon commander
  • Tycho taking out 1 and a 1/2 guard squads in combat (Dead Mans Hand is rather handy against guard)
  • Contemptor taking out another chimera in combat and shooting up another one.

How did you get your cataphractii into combat given how slow they are? What does the contempor have? I love both those models

I am irked. Today is the first day in over a week that it's been clear enough to spray models, and I'm out ALL DAY. I had to head out without a proper breakfast, and won't be home until long after sunset. Ugh, and I really need to get them done so I can start on my ETL vow.

I am irked. Today is the first day in over a week that it's been clear enough to spray models, and I'm out ALL DAY. I had to head out without a proper breakfast, and won't be home until long after sunset. Ugh, and I really need to get them done so I can start on my ETL vow.

This is 99% of the reason I invested in an airbrush. That and living in a swamp gives me zero days without humidity.

Weird question, can a librarian be a company captain in the fluff? I know the blood ravens used to have a librarian as a chapter master, so why not?

Why not. If they're the ranking officer and there are no suitable replacements the chapter council might says its ok.

Otherwise it's fine to have librarians lead forces without the rank of captain. 

I'd say that outside some truly exceptional situations no, cause Librarians are psykers and as such need to devout much of their time to specialized training and watching over other Librarians for signs of corruption. Who would be watching over a librarian-captain? :wink:
After all, once a brother shows signs of psychic potential, he is being removed from Company structure to join the Librarius.

Edit: add in the fact, that Librarians perform some specialized roles when attached to a Company, like long-distance communication, precognitions, etc. All this conflicts with captain's duties to lead.  

Edited by Majkhel

@Buggane Well my opponent didn`t move his chimeras due to him shooting at my other guys and he decided to charge them with the guardsman squad in the hope of holding the squad in combat :) He didn`t realize how mad in CC the squad really was :happy.:

Edit: add in the fact, that Librarians perform some specialized roles when attached to a Company, like long-distance communication, precognitions, etc. All this conflicts with captain's duties to lead.  

But the captain still has to sit there and dictate to the librarian, who then sends the psychic fax. A psychic captain would be much more efficient, no?

Librarians, captains and chaplains all watch out for each other. Marines are regularly screened by librarians for taint after contact with daemons, are expected to pray, discuss with chaplains, etc.

The Librarian could also delegate his normal duties on promotion to captain, in the same way a captain delegates his squad leading duties when promoted from sergeant. 

It's a big universe, anything is possible. 

It honestly depends on the Captain. Some act more like a better Squad Sergeant in the middle of the battle and some stand back and focus more on the commanding with the occasional fighting.

Same goes for the Librarians and the Chaplains. Some are in the middle of things and some focus more on standing back and supporting.

And then there are monsters like Mephiston who just do everything at once lol

Been in such a funk lately. Real Life is just tough, especially between work and getting ready for the hardest degree I might ever attempt. (according to everyone I've talked to!)

I've been informed to make a schedule to set aside time each week for the things I want to do outside of studying. My goal is to have an hour to an hour and a half of painting set aside each day. This is really going to be predicated upon how much time is going to have to be invested each week for studying, at this time before classes its looking like a mandatory 21+ hours of hard dedicated school time this summer. 

I'm sorry I haven't added to the ETL yet! I want to very much to participate this year! All the things just keep popping up that I know I'm not going to be able to enjoy once school actually begins. Between Clinical hours and lab times (with a splash of work thrown in) Its going to be a life change for the next year and a half.

I didn't mean to go off so much, just feeling a bit emotional and I haven't been nearly as active lately as I normally am.

Anyways, Keep on being great guys!

Jeepers, that sounds scary - what's it in, if you don't mind me asking?

Having done too much university, I can say that the hobby time keeps you sane. Doing anything away from the course is good. Ideally 2 things, a sport and painting red.

Of course! All good mate. I was accepted into Nursing school. And of the 5+ people I've talked to, 4 having or obtaining there masters and one working on their PhD, they've all said your ADN is the hardest degree you will ever get.

You could say my goal is to become a Sanguinary Priest.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Been in such a funk lately. Real Life is just tough, especially between work and getting ready for the hardest degree I might ever attempt. (according to everyone I've talked to!)

I've been informed to make a schedule to set aside time each week for the things I want to do outside of studying. My goal is to have an hour to an hour and a half of painting set aside each day. This is really going to be predicated upon how much time is going to have to be invested each week for studying, at this time before classes its looking like a mandatory 21+ hours of hard dedicated school time this summer. 

I'm sorry I haven't added to the ETL yet! I want to very much to participate this year! All the things just keep popping up that I know I'm not going to be able to enjoy once school actually begins. Between Clinical hours and lab times (with a splash of work thrown in) Its going to be a life change for the next year and a half.

I didn't mean to go off so much, just feeling a bit emotional and I haven't been nearly as active lately as I normally am.

Anyways, Keep on being great guys!

I am totally with you on having no time for you. Do what you need to do. If you ever need to talk, I'm here.