First of all, Huzzah for 8k comments! DBH rounding us up!! :P

But seriously thanks guys. It is going to be tough, but once I get settled into a routine hopefully I'll become more active again. Lord knows, I have a possible metric ton of plastic to build/paint/fight gloriously with lol.

Real life before hobby time.

That being said I feel with you. I'm currently working 10+ hours every day of the week plus having other social responsibilities so hobby time is extremely limited currently and probably for the next year as well.

My only luck is that my work involves me being on a pc with Internet in a small company so I can at least spam the forums. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer

I get it. My wife is home for Hodgkin’s lymphoma chemo and I pretty much am her social life right now so I don’t get to as much painting or hobbying in general right now. I might be able to get vow one done by the end of next week though. Edited by Paladin777

@paladin777 sorry to hear that your wife is sick. I wish you two the best and that she will win this fight.

@all it seems that I was a little to early with my request for the top ba London Gt player as the Gt was this weekend.
But good news one blood angel fella made the third place. It was a regular GT not the London Gt..

Here is the list.
"BA battalion
Sanguinor
Libby Dread
3 x 5 scouts
3 Inceptors (bolters)
7 x Sang Guard. 2 fists, 2 swords, 3 axes
Sang Ancient, sword

Flesh Tearers Spearhead
Seth
Primaris LT
Pred, pred cannon, lascannons
Whirlwind, Castelan Launcher
Leviathan. Claw, storm cannon
7 x devs. 2 las, 1HB, 1 ML, cherub

Libby Dread and Sang Guard were MVP's"

There was another ba player in fifth place but it was a soup list with two DC blobs and the rest 3 chappy dreads (salamander) then another guard Detachment of crusaders.
I'm happy that ba can still compete. Although I heard they played without the beta rules so what it's worth?

Edited by Riot Earp

Real life before hobby time.

That being said I feel with you. I'm currently working 10+ hours every day of the week plus having other social responsibilities so hobby time is extremely limited currently and probably for the next year as well.

My only luck is that my work involves me being on a pc with Internet in a small company so I can at least spam the forums. ^^

Kinda the same, working at a pharmacy 10 hours per day with the other pharmacist being home with her baby. My pace is building one model per week, and I wont even mention painting. 

I get it. My wife is home for Hodgkin’s lymphoma chemo and I pretty much am her social life right now so I don’t get to as much painting or hobbying in general right now. I might be able to get vow one done by the end of next week though.

My uncle went throught that, and I can tell, even tho chemo is a mess, he had a full recovery. It requires some monitoring now and then, but otherwise he's ok! So best of luck to you, I think you'll do just fine.

On a lighter note, I just picked up the Antor Delassio model from Overkill on a 50% sale. Dunno what I'm gonna do with it yet, I just like the model. He'll probably end up a lieutenant. A nice position for a veteran who returned from his watch. I've read in older posts that veterans who return from their deathwatch service can keep their deathwatch shoulder pad as an honor, so thats nice cause I dont want to do any conversions on him. Maybe only remove the pipe he stands on.

Although painting conditions over the weekend fell into the "difficult" category (high temp, low humidity & lots of beer), progress was made.

(click for bigger pics)

Primed with Halfords Satin Black rattle-can.

Base coat of Tin Bitz, Red Gore, Dheneb Stone for white/bone pieces.

mcnRN9Ww_t.jpg 

Base coat of Boltgun metal, power weapons are metallic blue then watered-down dark blue glass paint. Burnished Gold over the Tin Bitz. Skull White, needs knocked back a bit for contrast.

jhcsKVSR_t.jpg

Bases are EC, to tie in with my CSM - Screamer Pink base. They'll be chipped and washed, probably some rust on there as well, and on the track links you can't really see.

6ZBNlRkV_t.jpg

yQa683Aq_t.jpg

Its always the beer. Although paint night is always fun when it turns into Beer Hammer with half painted models and no real painting gets done!

Haha ...I've switched to Bourbon, it gives the perfect buzz for painting, and also playing. There's always a point of diminishing returns but hey at that point who cares.

My recommendation regarding paint water is to have your paint water in a container you would never pick up to drink from. Something square, maybe, so if you grab it, there's a sensation to interrupt the automatic drinking response.

Welp, pulled the trigger on a big forgeworld purchase. Unfortunately there is now a 35 day waiting period for both doredo and leviathan bodies so I won't see anything until July.

Ended up with the following:

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank
Legion Deimos Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius
MKIV Command Set
Ryza pattern Lascannon Set
Blood Angels Legion MkIII Shoulder Pads
Leviathan Siege Drill
Blood Angels Legion Transfer Sheet
Space Marine Apothecary Set
Relic Contemptor Dreadnought Body
Contemptor Pattern Close Combat Arm (Claw)
Contemptor Pattern Lascannon
Telerac pattern Volkite Culverins Set
Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought
Leviathan Storm Cannon
Leviathan Grav-Flux Bombard
Razorback Assault Cannon Turret
Deredeo Dreadnought Anvilus Autocannon Battery
Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought
Deredeo Dreadnought Aiolos Missile Launcher
Imperial Armour – Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes
Blood Angels Legion Deimos Rhino Doors

Lord help me, what have I done?

Welp, pulled the trigger on a big forgeworld purchase. Unfortunately there is now a 35 day waiting period for both doredo and leviathan bodies so I won't see anything until July.

Ended up with the following:

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank

Legion Deimos Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius

MKIV Command Set

Ryza pattern Lascannon Set

Blood Angels Legion MkIII Shoulder Pads

Leviathan Siege Drill

Blood Angels Legion Transfer Sheet

Space Marine Apothecary Set

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought Body

Contemptor Pattern Close Combat Arm (Claw)

Contemptor Pattern Lascannon

Telerac pattern Volkite Culverins Set

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought

Leviathan Storm Cannon

Leviathan Grav-Flux Bombard

Razorback Assault Cannon Turret

Deredeo Dreadnought Anvilus Autocannon Battery

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought

Deredeo Dreadnought Aiolos Missile Launcher

Imperial Armour – Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes

Blood Angels Legion Deimos Rhino Doors

Lord help me, what have I done?

You've made me envious! It seems everyone is hopping on the Leviathan Train. I may have to as well...

My recommendation regarding paint water is to have your paint water in a container you would never pick up to drink from. Something square, maybe, so if you grab it, there's a sensation to interrupt the automatic drinking response.

Exactly. Switched to a ramekin a while ago and haven’t had any mistakes since. Although it did prompt a general discussion about repurposing kitchen equipment.

FYI Cake racks are also great for drying plaster casts. They aren’t great for drying cakes afterwards though.

To celebrate achieving my first goal of my diet (from 102 kilos to 90, second goal is 85) I ordered 3 more space hulk terminators today. When they arrive I'll have a 5 man squad, Sergeant Lorenzo, Brother Zael, Brather Deino, Brother Noctis and Brother Valencio.

Edited by dread05

Final week for ETL sign ups folks, if you plan on painting anything for Marines over the summer then pledge it to us please!

Can we add additional vows later once we've completed #1, or does everything need to be declared beforehand?