Because the question came up here a few times as well. Fresh from the Deathwatch FAQ:

Q: If I use the Castellan of the Black Vault Warlord Trait
on a weapon with multiple profiles, like a combi-weapon or
guardian spear, does the additional damage apply to all of that
weapon’s profiles?
A: Yes.

Hmm, but they can have 4 of those Oathbreakers, so potentially 4 dead characters in as many turns. Pretty nasty.

The harpoon looks nice. I remember there was once a nice name for those in old WFB - the Spear chukka :wink:

The Armigers are to get substantially cheaper which is nice.

Umm... Rule of 3, Points, and lack of CP I think will probably make that not a thing.

Is it potentially scary? Sure, but I'd be much more concerned with the rest of the knights firepower that deosn't require 2 CP and a single shot to hit for it to maybe work.

And even if they did have 4 of them, your on average looking at 2 hits spread over 4 turns. People are really over-estimating how often that shot is going to matter. I actually really dislike it, because its high cost-high variance-high swing RNG.

If the knight player shoots it and it misses or rolls really low for damage, they feel bad because they spent 2 CP to basically do nothing. If it one-shots the enemies warlord however, the enemy feel bad because there isn't any counter play beyond not having your character on the table. I think its poorly designed, but not OP.

Yeah, it's a pretty disgusting combo, but it's also expensive. It's only 1 missile. It costs 2 CP and chances are you'll be using another CP for a reroll for hit, wound, or damage, because you'll want to make sure that damage goes through. It's something you'll probably only use once a game. 

In the right hands, the Oathbreaker missile thing will be absolutely devastating. My local meta, for instance, tends to milk the heck out of those types of things. I can already see folks trying their luck with the Hit roll, and then saving a Command re-roll for the Damage part to snipe out Captains and such. Brutally unflinching. If they miss the first one, they keep trying.

It's not a "sky is falling" situation by any means, but first impressions are important. My suspicion is that that could prove QUITE powerful, but only time will tell.

Forgeworld's chaplain dreadnought has entered the last chance to buy train. With the forgeworld's model being the only one availabe for a chaplain dread, I'm begining to think if the death company dread could be converted into one.

Forgeworld's chaplain dreadnought has entered the last chance to buy train. With the forgeworld's model being the only one availabe for a chaplain dread, I'm begining to think if the death company dread could be converted into one.

Went the other way - chaplain dread used as DC :-)

Final hour to be a Blood Angel for the ETL.

Final hour to claim our ETL banner:

gallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Final hour to help us make history, and to help yourself paint up a beautiful force of Marines, Knights, or Titans.

Final hour to help us stem the tide of Xenos and to defeat the Heretics at the Gates or Terra once more.

Final hour.

Final hour to be a Blood Angel for the ETL.

Final hour to claim our ETL banner:

gallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Final hour to help us make history, and to help yourself paint up a beautiful force of Marines, Knights, or Titans.

Final hour to help us stem the tide of Xenos and to defeat the Heretics at the Gates or Terra once more.

Final hour.

So are you saying that the countdown to the end is near and this is the final one? Some sort of last ultimate timer type thing? ;)

The Mark IV Ironclad body and Inferno Cannon is also on Last Chance to buy. I have been seriously considering  Siege Dreadnaught as an alternative to a Fragcannon Furioso. It's a bit slower and 1D6 2 Damage instead of 2D6 1 Damage, but the T8 and 5 damage from the Seismic hammer is looking really appealing to me. Same 180 points stock as the Frag Furioso aswell.

If the Chaplain Dread gave re-rolls like every other Chaplain...then I'd say it's a must. But we, more than other Chapters, have easy access to +1S on cheaper characters that also provide other benefits.

That being said...there is something quite tempting about a BS2+ TL Lascannon hiding on a Character vehicle...

Are any of you thinking about using house cawdor models for chapter serfs? I know we haven't seen models, but the concept looks like it would fit rather well (at least for my Sanguinary Crusaders)

Now there are models pre-shown on WH Community- apart from looking a bit like poor Bretonnia rabble, Cawdor would make rather great chaos cultists. Definitely nothing remotely BA in them IMO.

If the Chaplain Dread gave re-rolls like every other Chaplain...then I'd say it's a must. But we, more than other Chapters, have easy access to +1S on cheaper characters that also provide other benefits.

That being said...there is something quite tempting about a BS2+ TL Lascannon hiding on a Character vehicle...

I broke down and ordered one online, for precisely that reason. I haven't played a game in a while, but I (1) love the model, and (2) am intrigued by the idea of the BS 2+, TL Lascannon on the character vehicle. I think with either my Devs, LasPred, and/or another Lascannon Dreadnought, I think that gives me anti-tank options. Regardless, I really love that model, so I'm excited to paint it up when it arrives (hello, ETL).

I preordered the new Knight Castellan from my FLGS today. It comes in at almost precisely the same points cost as the three lascannon predators that have served as my heavy support previously and will be a hell of a lot more fun to use. It may not technically be a Blood Angel thing but I bought it specifically to run with them so I feel like it counts.

House Krast sounds nice, and their colour scheme matches ours :tongue.:

Well Krast colour scheme matches ours mostly because it's a Mechanicus Knight so it's of course Mars red. :D

I'll be going with Mortan. That one fits the whole BA armys colour scheme way better imo. Black (DC)/Gold (SG)/Red (regular). Not to mention Mortan seems like having the same-but-better Household tradition compared to Krast lol

I've already started with Hawkshroud for my Armigers for better performance "under pressure". I like that they have the tradition of incorporating the heraldry of whoever they are oath-bound to support into their own. So I'll be freely adding red stripes etc. while at the same time having some different color in the army.
But who knows, maybe I'll be repainting them in a few weeks to match some other House. Ah, those babies! :wink:

Edited by Majkhel

I'll have to take a good look at the Freeblade rules first before I can say anything about it. So far I've seen only a few examples and am not that impressed.

I'll have to take a good look at the Freeblade rules first before I can say anything about it. So far I've seen only a few examples and am not that impressed.

They seem to get good permanent bonuses for harsh temporary penalties on a failed LD test. Seeing as anything can be rerolled, they seem good to me. Especially if theyre all characters. 

Very tempted by knights, I'd go with the blue/white guys to compliment the BA. I think they have that classic Epic look from Titan Legions.

I'm probably going to use the Hawkshroud rules. At least to start. But I'm going to be painting my Knight House purple with yellow/white accents. I've got the Knight Warden box already (probably going to build it as a Knight Errant or Paladin) and I just ordered a box of Helverins and a Knight Valiant.