Well I mean, besides the fact that the tribesman are described as ugly, with lesions and rusty stuff? xD

You can always change their weapons, but their body appearance seems pretty accurate to me.

I mean I would mostly agree with you for the BA (though they could still pass as Baal tribesmen or even serfs drafted during the devastation of Baal), but for the successors?

Edited by Arkangilos

My thunder hammer captain managed to wipe out a third of my opponents 2k point army in my game today in a single turn by himself.

Making use of The Black Rage, The Red Thirst, Honor the Chapter and Only in Death does Duty end he killed:

1 slightly damaged Stormhawk Interceptor

9 Hellblaster

5 Agressors

This comes out just shy of 700 points worth of stuff.

My opponent was playing Raven Guard and tried for a very aggressive alpha strike using Strike from the Shadows on his Hellblasters. He had first turn and advanced the Agressors forward till they were just behind the Hellblasters and had the Stormhawk just in front so that it could dunk on my Stormtalon. It was a pretty reasonable play on his part- the vast majority of my assault troops were in reserves and he was able to remove most of my heavy firepower during his first turn.

Truly, who would predict a single captain maddened by the Blood Angel's twin curses to rush forward with no support and then rip the heart from the enemy.

Here's a shot of him after he made the initial charge:

sB1GYLs.jpg

After his first round of attacks:

4bhF2Ko.jpg

And here he is right before he's removed from the table:

gfOXaoM.jpg

It was really a perfect storm of both luck and skill on my part and a less than obvious misplay on my opponent's.

Played in a 2000pt tourney yesterday. One word.woeful.

Low points:

Game one (vs Custodes and scions)

Rolls charge on 3d6.... fails...(angels wing) re-rolls... even worse fail...sighs

Three turns to kill one model in game (one vertus jetbike)

‘I’ll use one CP To wings of fire my lieutenant..oh never mind he’s dead’

My Opponent using about 20 CP thanks to the Aquila yet only starting with about 6

Game two (vs Cadians including two doomhammers)

- ‘that’s 12 shots for the doomhammer cannon’

-‘wow my dice are on fire’ (opponent rolled 3 or 4 sixes vs CAPT smash)

‘Well played sir’ the point where on conceded after trying to shoot his Warlord with my lt’s MC bolter rapid fire. Hit roll to wound...snake eyes...

Game three (vs dark eldar)

- they ALL have invuls and feel no pain? (Looks at Bolters... wishes I had about 5 more squads worth)

Game four (vs raven guard)

- hello 10 Terminators in my deployment zone turn one

- And that’s not how to kill a Razorback (opponent had four or five)

Not a good outting. Good games embarrassingly bad showing by my army...

Got a minute of free time yesterday and ordered my Birthday Captain from the local GW store.

Can't wait to get my hands on him.

Spot of good news also, it's looking like I may get a "Hobby" day/time each Friday after Lab 1200 CST. Going to get a game in 1 June hopefully. If not, some painting/then back to studying will commence.

I think blood angels are probably the only chapter that makes relic blades worth it with the red thirst, otherwise the hammers are just plain better in probably 95% of all cases

Funnily enough this guy started out life as a conversion for the Sanguinor before I realized he'd probably make a better Captain. He's the body of our jump pack chaplain model, the head of the sanguinor and a spear from a Prosecutor over in Age of Sigmar's Stormcast range.

It did occur to me that the spear could also be a relic blade, which can be really good against stuff below T6. I'll probably even run it that way from time to time but in general it will be a hammer. I'd be much more inclined to use the blade if it weren't the exact same cost as the objectively better thunder hammer.

Did a standard Battlescribe file update for new content and a lot of my stuff got messed up...Lieutenant card looks a bit wonky now...but points values seem changed too.

For calibration purposes, how much does Captain Smash cost?

Captain

-jump pack

-thunder hammer

-stormshield

I'm getting:

Hidden Content

129pts

Capt (base) = 74

jump pack = 19

thunder hammer = 21

Storm shield = 15

Funnily enough this guy started out life as a conversion for the Sanguinor before I realized he'd probably make a better Captain. He's the body of our jump pack chaplain model, the head of the sanguinor and a spear from a Prosecutor over in Age of Sigmar's Stormcast range.

It did occur to me that the spear could also be a relic blade, which can be really good against stuff below T6. I'll probably even run it that way from time to time but in general it will be a hammer. I'd be much more inclined to use the blade if it weren't the exact same cost as the objectively better thunder hammer.

Looks amazing...I wish GW did more with spears...such potential there. Definitely logging that into my future bits planning.

On a different note, it cracks me up to hear of a unit called "Prosecutors." Almost as likely to get someone who is not familiar with the setting to be like " :cuss ?" as "Librarians."

Edited by Indefragable

People have posted some info on the knight codex and one bit that I think helps us is the House Raven army rule. They count all heavy weapons as assault and advancing does not grant a penalty. So they can advance and shoot at normal BS. House Raven being associated with us via Angels Blade supplement, it makes sense.

If only we had something similar to Baal preds, that would be tremendously helpful and make them actually usable. Even as a strat that costs 2pts or even 3pts would be totally worthwhile.

Same here Brother Lemartes.

I am kinda going back and forth on it, because I think the Castellan might be better to sit back and shoot while my Blood Angels just push up the board. But the other one is just too cool. And I think it will still be good for some close support for my assault elements, while my troops stay back and hold objectives. 

I have to say, that Harpoon is pretty nuts. S16 AP-6 D:10 (yes, you read that right...flat 10 damage) + re-rolling To Hit against vehicles/MC's and does D3 Mortal Wounds on top.

That's crazy. 18" range is it's only limitation.

The Shieldbreaker missiles with Oathbreaker Guidance System Stratagem seems a bit much, though. Shieldbreakers are One Use Only 48" Heavy 1 S10 AP-4 D:D6 and invulnerable saves cannot be taken against them...while the Stratagem lets them fire out of LOS and target Characters at the same time. ...seems ripe for abuse to me, but we shall see. One shotting Dante?

I have to say, that Harpoon is pretty nuts. S16 AP-6 D:10 (yes, you read that right...flat 10 damage) + re-rolling To Hit against vehicles/MC's and does D3 Mortal Wounds on top.

That's crazy. 18" range is it's only limitation.

The Shieldbreaker missiles with Oathbreaker Guidance System Stratagem seems a bit much, though. Shieldbreakers are One Use Only 48" Heavy 1 S10 AP-4 D:D6 and invulnerable saves cannot be taken against them...while the Stratagem lets them fire out of LOS and target Characters at the same time. ...seems ripe for abuse to me, but we shall see. One shotting Dante?

I see people freaking out about them a lot.

It isn't that crazy really.

It's 2 CP, it hits on a 3+, wounds on a 2+, and is D6 damage.

The odds of it killing a captain equivalent is around 18.5%.

Even if you use another CP to reroll the damage die, it bumps it to I think 29% or something.

Just hitting and wounding is 55% chance.

When it works, its crazy, but it isn't happening often, plus you still have possibly fnp and bodyguard units.

Hmm, but they can have 4 of those Oathbreakers, so potentially 4 dead characters in as many turns. Pretty nasty.
The harpoon looks nice. I remember there was once a nice name for those in old WFB - the Spear chukka :wink:
The Armigers are to get substantially cheaper which is nice.

Edited by Majkhel