I'm working on another guide/review for the forum...

... why is it more interesting than writing a thesis?

Your work is appreciated. Any spoilers?

Nothing too fancy. For most it's a simple reminder but it is quite topical at the moment. Thought I'd do an easy one as I've got a backlog of about eight that I want to complete and I still need to update some of the older ones! Trying not to spend more than an hour a day on it as I'm supposed to be busy....

The heads are separate as are the fronts of the torsos. I will do a kit bash demo with what I have available this week and post some pics or a video.

If you want to see how well every plastic variety of loyalist terminator from the past decade integrates, check the 1st co pics from my plog. I'm working on them now.

They generally go together really well. Putting a normal torso front on the DV sergeant torso will need a lot of cutting or a little GS though.

The pauldrons on the terminators are a different story.  They keep getting bigger  I wanted to integrate some of the bitz in the new BA kit with some of the bitz in the standard assault terminator kits.  Can't go arm for arm, pauldron for pauldron.  You have to chop arms so they can have the right shoulder, or grind down the shoulders to use the old pauldrons.  Minor mod stuff, but the difference is definitely there. 

The pauldrons on the terminators are a different story.  They keep getting bigger  I wanted to integrate some of the bitz in the new BA kit with some of the bitz in the standard assault terminator kits.  Can't go arm for arm, pauldron for pauldron.  You have to chop arms so they can have the right shoulder, or grind down the shoulders to use the old pauldrons.  Minor mod stuff, but the difference is definitely there. 

Ouch...  I already ordered 20 more right-side shoulder pads to update the rest of my termies.  Now I wish I'd dry fitted what I have before hitting ebay now. 

@Girot:  Well if it's newer shoulder pads on older termies you should be ok.  It's the older shoulder pads on the shoulders in the new BA box that is the problem.  Example:  I wanted plain shoulder pads on one shoulder.  The new BA box doesn't have plain shoulder pads,  so I harvested some from a box of assault termies I had lying around.  I found the standard assault box shoulder pads were a little too small.  It only took a few seconds of grinding with the dremel.  You should be fine.  Don't mean to worry you, just a "heads up".

Outstanding.  Yeah I confirmed this last night immediately after I read your comment.

Thankfully I'm no stranger to having to dremel things to get them to fit.  I had a heck of a time fitting a host of Scibor mods to my Terminator Honour Guard squad.  The insides of the shoulder pads were so beefy the wouldn't even fit regular power armor, lol.  That and the storm shield arms are the generic versions.  I had to clip away the original shields and then grind off the excess plastic with a full-on metal file.  It was a hell of a good time in the shop that day but a lot of work.

Speaking of which I finally dug my THawk down from storage and spent a few hours going over it.  Back when I bought the thing I was too scared of it to even attempt it.  Now?  I have no doubt in my mind that I can do this thing justice.  The best (and worst) part is this thing predates Apocalypse and was cast from the original mold.  The fuselage is a bloody mess of casting defects.  A couple years back I got a lot of it replaced but the entire lower body still needs a lot of TLC.

Speaking of which I finally dug my THawk down from storage and spent a few hours going over it.  Back when I bought the thing I was too scared of it to even attempt it.  Now?  I have no doubt in my mind that I can do this thing justice.  The best (and worst) part is this thing predates Apocalypse and was cast from the original mold.  The fuselage is a bloody mess of casting defects.  A couple years back I got a lot of it replaced but the entire lower body still needs a lot of TLC.

Just dedicate an afternoon and do it.

It's what I had to do to finally get my caestus together. Don't look to hard at the imperfections either, it's going to look great when it's done and if it's anything like other older FW kits trying to get it perfect will drive you nuts (and perfect will never happen). 

Someone in my local area built up the original metal Thunderhawk. It was incredible to see.

I get cold sweats just thinking of all the pinning and epoxy fumes :D 

I don't miss the old days of mostly metal models when everything had to be pinned...

Today I built a third devastator squad. Sometimes I wonder if i'm playing the right chapter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150704_170412_zpsci7gfpnf.jpg

Pfft, which else has Devs who can charge and do decent damage still? Of course you chose right :D

Now the new Devs are out I'm finally gonna build some. Missile launchers or las cannons though?!

I'm so nearly done with my second - just details now. May be able to finish tomorrow but the weather is nice here right now...

Now the new Devs are out I'm finally gonna build some. Missile launchers or las cannons though?!

I'm so nearly done with my second - just details now. May be able to finish tomorrow but the weather is nice here right now...

Depends what you're using them for, if it's anti AV go with LC, of its to help an all comers list, go MC with the option for Flak!

Lascannons. I've been running 4x ML since third, but the change to the vehicle damage table in 7th has really made them unreliable for anti tank.

the lascannons are more expensive, but they more than pay for themselves in the amount of damage they can actually do.

ML may be best if you play against nids a lot. The mix of Frag and S8 AP3 has a lot of use there.