Over black it would create a very interesting effect. The "highlights" you'd get would actually be darker than the rest of the area you're painting lol

Rumour was the special primers would be closer to a gloss finish compared to their regular sprays so that the wash will slide into crevices. Thereby giving more contrast :-)

I agree with most folks here. I won't be changing my current method on my Blood Angels, but when/if I start a new army I'll certainly try them out. Makes the potential project much less daunting for somebody like me who'd rather play than paint, but still wants decent tabletop quality minis. Probably much easier for a younger child to start with and reach a decent quality as well, which I think is awesome. Edited by Hintzy

One thing that strikes me about the contrast paints is that it looks like it would lend itself well to zenithal priming the most. So you may get away with a single coat with adequate primer layering.

Guess we'll see what happens when they start putting them out.

Took 1st place at my first ever tournament at a FLGS last night. Absolutely dusted the first (23-6) and third (17-4) opponents. My second game was a tricky against GSCs (I got suckered into a bloodbath instead of playing objectives, an 8-7 loss). My verdict- The Eversor is completely broken, a total wrecking ball. Totally fits into our style of play, and just murders screens by itself for relatively nothing.

Thanks for all the info and feedback/support you all have given me!!!

Edited by SanguiniusJr

I played my first proper game in a few weeks today. 2000 points vs Dark Angels at my FLGS.

Bagged first turn and alpha struck my opponent into oblivion. My Devastators popped my opponent's rhino straight off the bat, allowing my Stormraven to mow down the Company Veterans inside with its hurricane bolters. It used its twin assault cannon to kill the MSU tactical squad next to them, then proceeded to kill a Venerable Dreadnought with its twin multi melta and stormstrike missiles. My Sternguards, buffed by Masterful Marksmanship, a Captain and a Lieutenant, rounded off the shooting by erasing another MSU tactical squad with their special issue boltguns. In the combat phase my Slamguinius and Librarian Dreadnought teamed up to take out a Land Raider Crusader. As if to add insult to injury, two of my opponent's Deathwing Knights died during the emergency disembarkation. 

We played the game out to its natural conclusion, but after that first turn my opponent wasn't really in the game anymore. His remaining Deathwing Knights were able to bring down Slamguinius, but Lemartes and the Death Company then arrived by deep strike to reinforce the attack and the core of his army caved. By the time I tabled him on my turn 3, the score on points was 12-4 in my favour. I'll be playing the same opponent again on Sunday as part of a mini-tournament we're organising with 2 other players, and he has vowed to redesign his list. I'll post about how that goes afterwards.

That doesn't sound fun but at least he isn't giving up the game and played till the end.

Yeah he was a good sport about it. He's someone I've played numerous times in the past and is hardly a rookie so I was surprised by how well the game went. I did actually feel quite bad, but as I say he'll have the chance to set the record straight soon.

How were the devastators and the sternguards equiped? They are two of my favourite space marines units, and are not often seen in BA lists.

I took the Devastators in an 8 man squad with two lascannons and two missile launchers. I know conventional wisdom states that they should really all be given the same weapon but I wanted them to be versatile. Missile Launchers are still capable of threatening armour and also have an anti-infantry option with the frag missiles. With 8 warm bodies each heavy weapon also gets an ablative wound.

With the Sternguards I took 9 guys all with Special Issue Boltguns. With 30 inch range, bolter discipline, buffs from a captain and lieutenant and access to the masterful marksmanship strategem they made for a brutal base of fire unit.

If you'd like to see the full list I'll post it in the Army Lists forum?

Edited by t-dog1996

That doesn't sound fun but at least he isn't giving up the game and played till the end.

Yeah he was a good sport about it. He's someone I've played numerous times in the past and is hardly a rookie so I was surprised by how well the game went. I did actually feel quite bad, but as I say he'll have the chance to set the record straight soon.

How were the devastators and the sternguards equiped? They are two of my favourite space marines units, and are not often seen in BA lists.

I took the Devastators in an 8 man squad with two lascannons and two missile launchers. I know conventional wisdom states that they should really all be given the same weapon but I wanted them to be versatile. Missile Launchers are still capable of threatening armour and also have an anti-infantry option with the frag missiles. With 8 warm bodies each heavy weapon also gets an ablative wound.

With the Sternguards I took 9 guys all with Special Issue Boltguns. With 30 inch range, bolter discipline, buffs from a captain and lieutenant and access to the masterful marksmanship strategem they made for a brutal base of fire unit.

I would definitely like to see it! Let me know when you post it!

I would definitely like to see it! Let me know when you post it!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356047-2000-point-list-for-mini-tournament/

There you go :)

Been painting a one off mini. With the new Bolter Rule being solidified, I've been looking at a 10 man tactical squad with bolters (to be counts as primaris or used in 30k if need be)

I've been thinking about MOAR tactical marines for the carmine blades to finish up my pre-DoB force. I guess I need to update my blog. Might just do that today!~

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Hey all! This is something I've been working on. This is my take on Malakim Phoros, Lord of Ruin and Chapter Master of the Lamenters. Two things I may redo when I have had more practice (fortunately also the easiest parts of the model to edit) are the sword and the chapter badge, but overall I'm reasonably pleased with him. Painting the chapter badge of the Lamenters... I knew it would be hard but my god...

gallery_66172_15472_798746.jpeg

gallery_66172_15472_597581.jpeg

gallery_66172_15472_182515.jpeg

gallery_66172_15472_519358.jpeg

Y'all officially have every reason to have your Successors hate mine, as of like a week ago. My lads handed over the STC for the Baal Predator to a Forge World... who then proceeded to pull a Blood Angels and keep it to themselves, thus making pretty much every Forge World ever mad. Therefore, just because of that exchange, my Blood Angels and Forge World aren't exactly liked by other ones of the same kind of faction.