Apologies for double post but I need ye opinions brothers!

I've oft talked about making some sort of marines on Chariots to count-as Thunder Wolf Cavalry (or perhaps Ravenwing Command) and tonight was the test run:

Style 1: Rear Thrusters

Hidden Content

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat--7536173347764026489_zpsoc2ov9xo.jpg

Style 2: Frost Drawn Thrusters

Hidden Content

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-782636747449071555_zpsqcxd66fr.jpg

Style 3: Side Thrusters

Hidden Content

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-5202412140951461843_zpsxlseayay.jpg

Style 4: Compact Rear Thruster

Hidden Content

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat--1405299609692188393_zpsnbzesadx.jpg

Design I'm not quite sure on - Style 1/2/3/4?

With some messing about I found a Magna Grapple could make some good thursters, but will take some cutting!

Bits also aren't final - I'll be using the chaingliaves as well as Spartan heads from Anvil Industries on the final ones as well as some SG feathered shoulder pads. I'll be also making an Iron Priest one out of some Iron Hands bit's I've picked up.

Edited by Charlo

Panic buying.

I went to purchase a Cullexus and an Eversor to complete my Assassin set in time for my next Apocalypse game (wanted the old models before they go out of production as they will be cheaper than the new and will look better with my older ones), and to get the cost over the line for free postage (not going to go near a GW anytime soon you see) I purchased a Sanguinor and the Armour through the Age box which I've wanted forever.

Really shouldn't have but I figured that I'm going to get them at some point so...

Which arrived today via basic shipping :blink.:

Cullexus is in white metal :biggrin.: the rest are in Finecast and appear to be all fine. Just a shame the Armour through the Ages box comes with current pattern Bolters and Mk VII back packs, but nevermind.

Also, not a single new base to be found :dry.:

Now to fill my cart at Forgeworld to £100 to get free shipping before the end of September. But the only thing I *need* is IAv2SE and the pintle weapons...

Panic buying.

I went to purchase a Cullexus and an Eversor to complete my Assassin set in time for my next Apocalypse game (wanted the old models before they go out of production as they will be cheaper than the new and will look better with my older ones), and to get the cost over the line for free postage (not going to go near a GW anytime soon you see) I purchased a Sanguinor and the Armour through the Age box which I've wanted forever.

Really shouldn't have but I figured that I'm going to get them at some point so...

Cullexus is in white metal :biggrin.: the rest are in Finecast and appear to be all fine. Just a shame the Armour through the Ages box comes with current pattern Bolters and Mk VII back packs, but nevermind.

Now to fill my cart at Forgeworld to £100 to get free shipping before the end of September. But the only thing I *need* is IAv2SE and the pintle weapons...

Is the shipping that expensive to justify ramping up an order to £100? Just as a test basket I put some BA heads and a Laser Destoryer in and it was only £7.50. Given I am only a little outside of London so it's not far to go...

Not ordered from FW before!

Also let me know about my Chariot designs above mr Reclusiarch :wink:

Edited by Charlo

Panic buying.

Is the shipping that expensive to justify ramping up an order to £100? Just as a test basket I put some BA heads and a Laser Destoryer in and it was only £7.50. Given I am only a little outside of London so it's not far to go...

With Forgeworld, shipping changes the more you put in. For example, you and a friend could chip together and save on postage with GW, with FW it doesn't work - or at least it used to. Not only that, but if I'm going to be buying them eventually anyway I might as well try to save where I can...

Panic buying.

With Forgeworld, shipping changes the more you put in. For example, you and a friend could chip together and save on postage with GW, with FW it doesn't work - or at least it used to. Not only that, but if I'm going to be buying them eventually anyway I might as well try to save where I can...

Five items (£89) to South Wales is £10.74 in postage. Or multiple postages if I split it up and don't bulk buy :dry.:

I'm working on converting some Prosecutors from Age of Sigmar into Sanguinary Guard.  This is my first proper conversion (chopping off and replacing bits like arms and heads and trying to hide fantasy parts and make things look a bit more sci-fi).  Hopefully I don't mess things up too bad!

Grace us with pics!

I took some photos and uploaded them onto Imgur, but when I try to add them to a post they are MASSIVE. How do I make them smaller?

I like 2. However I' m not sold on the half bike as the thruster...

D

Me either... I was sat here for a good couple of hours earlier today just cutting and toying around with things and couldn't yet come to a decent conclusion on everything. I still want to do the project but i'm going to shelve it for a bit so I use the time to get an actual playable force ready :laugh.: so instead i'm basing a Tactical Squad, Storm Raven and Caestus Assault Ram :tongue.:

Edited by Charlo

I've been struck down with a rather unpleasant depressive mood of late. Doing much of anything has been like moving through knee deep sand. As such, I've managed to do sweet feth all for my RTS vow. Managing a little bit of work on the last marine in my ETL penance, but progress is slow, and I feel like rubbish.