2 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

The lieutenant looks like it’ll have a plethora of nice bits for making other models tbh.

I think the Sword/Shield/Volkite combo from Indomitus is probably the best loadout for a BA Lt. It provide the Invulnerable save that he is otherwise missing and the MC Sword combos really well with Red Thirst. Power fist probably works better for Space Wolves who get +1 to Hit in the first round of melee.

It was super dope getting to meet @brother_b at the LVO this year. I swear I thought I was going to meet @Spyros too. But it was a different gentleman with the same on his team shirt. Haha!

Anyways, loads of fun. Lots of excitement for the new models!

On 1/30/2023 at 6:44 AM, Dont-Be-Haten said:

It was super dope getting to meet @brother_b at the LVO this year. I swear I thought I was going to meet @Spyros too. But it was a different gentleman with the same on his team shirt. Haha!

Yeah the weekend was great, but suuuper hectic! One bro-hug or high five and then back to gaming. I'd definitely consider going a day earlier on Thursday to get a chance to hang out with people prior to the tournaments.

It takes your whole day and it's surprisingly very tiring, I was pretty exhausted.

Glad to have met you if just for a moment, if you're going again next year we'll plan accordingly. If other peeps are curious I'd say take the plunge, start off easy, and maybe we can do a whole BACS meet up!

On 1/30/2023 at 4:44 PM, Dont-Be-Haten said:

I wish I could go to LVO, alas I live in Greece...

Edited by Spyros

6 hours ago, Spyros said:

I wish I could go to LVO, alas I live in Greece...

There was a gentleman there whose jersey said Spyros K. I legitimately walked up to the guy at the bar and asked him if he played Blood Angels. Lol! Alas Spyros is a popular name I take it? I felt so embarrassed.

So, Jack Harpster won the LVO with his Blood Angels. I didn't see anyone talking about it yet. What do you think? While I'm happy to see our beloved Blood Angels winning and get a spotlight, the meta already has  changed again. LVO was still using AoC rules, pre point adjustments, Nephilim secondaries and so on. 

I think one of the coolest things Mike Brandt talked about was bringing back the World Championship series.

With major hosted events offering anyone an opportunity to represent their country by placing in a sanctioned event.

With regards to the LVO: Placement is very difficult to determine based on BCP points etc. Though mostly I just heard people complaining about Votan on the Elevators. Taking away AoC will shift the meta. BA have more 2+ saves than anyone else, so it's no surprise that they performed well.

Although I believe there's going to be a big meta shift towards Dark Angels with all the rumors and rumored new units they will be getting.

4 hours ago, Rhavien said:

So, Jack Harpster won the LVO with his Blood Angels. I didn't see anyone talking about it yet. What do you think? While I'm happy to see our beloved Blood Angels winning and get a spotlight, the meta already has  changed again. LVO was still using AoC rules, pre point adjustments, Nephilim secondaries and so on. 

He won with the old rules, with Player Placed Terrain, and the info that BA can win tournaments with those rules piloted by one of the best players isn't really news. Player placed terrain bumps BA up tremendously, from A to S tier in Nephilim anyway. The list that he took just straight up doesn't work in AoO because it relies on Fury of the Lost to score points, and that no longer exists. But I'm pessimistic about BA in Arks, the only thing I'm excited about is that Baal Predators *might* be cheap enough to be ok. Or at least running them is no longer crippling, and I have 2 on my paint station for the HH.

I agree to all of the above. Let us all pray, that GW is also aware of that situation and don't mark BA as "needs nerfig" somewhere in their books. Yesterday they did a lvo finals rematch on the art of war Youtube Channel with AoO rules. Does anybody know how it's ended? When I tuned in it was turn 3 and in favor for BA, but I'm not a fan of live matches. I can't have a look now, because need to be a sponsor to see the batrep afterwards. 

Edited by Rhavien

12 minutes ago, Rhavien said:

I agree to all of the above. Let us all pray, that GW is also aware of that situation and don't mark BA as "needs nerfig" somewhere in their books. Yesterday they did a lvo finals rematch on the art of war Youtube Channel with AoO rules. Does anybody know how it's ended? When I tuned in it was turn 3 and in favor for BA, but I'm not a fan of live matches. I can't have a look now, because need to be a sponsor to see the batrep afterwards. 

Most live matches in competitions are toxic. It's literally just both players being Chad's about they can and can't do.

Spoiler

original_38f11f49-533a-4f78-a08a-bc8389586c92_IMG_20221003_095125829_HDR.jpg

Plastic Scorpius is towards the bottom of my wishlist :teehee:

I suppose I could look into a Typhon, but I already have a Cerberus...

I suppose it depends on the stock and what grabs me at the time. For some reason, I'm thinking about a MkIIb Land Raider, but only because I can't believe it's not OOP yet.

29 minutes ago, Jolemai said:
  Reveal hidden contents

original_38f11f49-533a-4f78-a08a-bc8389586c92_IMG_20221003_095125829_HDR.jpg

Plastic Scorpius is towards the bottom of my wishlist :teehee:

I suppose I could look into a Typhon, but I already have a Cerberus...

I suppose it depends on the stock and what grabs me at the time. For some reason, I'm thinking about a MkIIb Land Raider, but only because I can't believe it's not OOP yet.

Well I missed out on grabbing a typhon recently. The fact it's Strength 12, large blast, sunder, rending (4+) Annandale brutal (4) with flare shields makes it worth the 425 points. I really want one. It feels appropriate for a Lord of War!