On 1/8/2023 at 7:23 PM, Dont-Be-Haten said:

I'm excited that my repulsors dropped 100ish points. Finally can field 3 again.

Look how that goes... Wasn't that the exact price of a Rhino at the beginning of 8th ed? Good change though. So then another 3 years till it can transport 10 Primaris inside? :tongue:

On 1/8/2023 at 7:52 PM, Karhedron said:

My 5-man Plasmaceptors squad just dropped 100 points! Death from above! :devil:

Oh that is sweeeet! I'm so much behind what is going on in 40k rules-wise at the moment :laugh: 

Spoiler

<flirting with Corvus Belli's Infinity system currently. But guess what type of faction appealed to me the most... :sweat:>

I played my first crusade game, and I had a blast. My Templars Encarmine went toe to toe with my opponents RG successor chapter, and came out victorious (although I only had three models on the table by the end.). My MVP might be my Librarian Dread that flew into his back lines and assassinated his Captain. He died in the end, but it was worth it.

So with the upcoming boarding action box and Arks of Omen, I have decided to build a new army for boarding actions in my group. I picked up the codex, 2 sprues of primaris  upgrades and Mephiston. Since I horde models and well my Raptors Chapter is all Scout and Phobos armors. I figured why not add these models to the pile. 

Easy to build Assault Intercessors....10 man Death Company. 

Primaris Chaplain. 

https://www.goonhammer.com/arks-of-omen-faction-focus-blood-angels/

This might interest those of us with a more competitive bent.

Not much in there surprised me, except the reference to the Baal predator. It might actually be ok now? Perma-Dev doctrine at 110 pts means it compares at least reasonably well vs the gladiator reaper, and is faster, and even better, I own 2 of them and no reapers.

Perma Dev Doctrine and a Sanguinary Priest could be handy if you keep the majority of your army shooty and just have a few melee units that the Priest boosts into the Assault Doctrine as and when needed (e.g. counter charge). Stack with the Chalice Overflowing Stratagem if needed

It could be effective but somehow playing BAs as a heavy shooting army just offends my inner vampire. :wink:

I actually play a couple of lists that way so they would benefit (well, apart from dieing faster ofc) from the changes, but they are either very successful or countered hard.

Maybe I need to skim read it again, but I didn't like that article. It read the same as those trying to dramatise the gazillion attacks chainsword DC would have T3 onwards.. 

Ohh yeah, I don't like these changes, but I thought it was a neat idea to try and create a list that still leveraged BA stuff to avoid being just "an IH list, but worse". And I don't think the full melee builds will work very well anymore, between the loss of durability, but more importantly, the loss of secondaries. Losing Fury just basically removes "kill your opponent in melee with DC" as a winning strategy, and Relentless Assault is no longer all that much better than the generic BEL. I personally miss the days when my list started with 3 assault squads loaded to the nines with meltaguns and a Sanguinary Priest for each

Did a little experimenting with different undercoat colors for my BA.

First one, I started with a very dark green, almost grey black base, worked my way up to an almost goblin green mid, then brightened it up with a light pastel green with a white in ending, then covered it with 50/50 Mephiston/Evil Suns Scarlet

large.1720671845_2023BAGreenundercoat.jpg.9738b606e20fcfcfb24f7e9b3e189725.jpglarge.1947512103_2023BAgreenundercoatredglazeundercoat.jpg.18e2ee8adedb919c3533657877e135c6.jpg

Next model I unfortunately forgot to get a pic of the progress before doing the final red layer, but in based in a very dark brown, almost Doom Bull brown shade, then worked that up through a medium Oak color into an eventual Cream with an Ivory Highlight. Finishing it off with the same Mephiston/Evilsun Scarlet layer as the first one.

large.763271644_2023BAMahoganytoIvoryundercoat.jpg.6d452c50cf079bd49b4c94e99f74b64d.jpg

Edited by Jolemai
Code

I've been brain storming, I think even with the points reversal, Plasma inceptors are still high on my list of fun units to bring into the fold.

Though I much prefer how gets hot rolls work in 30k. We'll see how I feel once I get back from Vegas, but I forsee some red and white in my paint station future.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I was running Plasmaceptors before I don't plan to stop, just because I didn't get the discount I was hoping for. They have the potential to be a strong unit but do need building around to some extent.

I normally run a Jump or Biker Captain anyway so they are likely to have a source of rerolls nearby. I also run a Jump Sanguinary Priest so healing and reviving expensive multi-wound models is also on the cards.

21 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I was running Plasmaceptors before I don't plan to stop, just because I didn't get the discount I was hoping for. They have the potential to be a strong unit but do need building around to some extent.

I normally run a Jump or Biker Captain anyway so they are likely to have a source of rerolls nearby. I also run a Jump Sanguinary Priest so healing and reviving expensive multi-wound models is also on the cards.

Oh I just meant I may be able to squeeze 2 squads in rather than the single 1 based off of points decreases.