Ragnar, Mephiston and now Azrael have all been excellent reworkings of classic models. If they get Dante in the same ballpark, I will be very happy.

Having said that, I hope Dante's rules get a proper glow up along with the model. The Axe Mortalis is quite feeble compared to the Sword of Secrets, Azrael grants twice as many CPs and the Lion Helm generally outshines the Deathmask of Sanguinius IMHO.

Edited by Karhedron

Calgar just gets overshadowed by Guilliman, tabletop imitating lore...?

And Shrike has the same problem Dante might have, in that the units to match them aren't Primaris (yet) 

Here's to hoping that Dante (and Mephiston) gets rules to actually fit them.

33 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I’m also really hoping next edition standards get rolled back into squads. I just can’t justify an entire elite slot for any standard.

I think if you take a captain, the standard bearer doesn't count for an extra slot? That might just be the firstborn datasheets for now though. If that's the case, they need to get on filling out the Primaris command squad sculpts to just make that work all around.

That said, not responding to you in particular here, I'd like to see Dante get a nice update. I'm extra excited if we get a way for him to be added to a Blood Angels successor chapter, will get me up to finishing mine I have half done right now.

New battleforces. Raven Guard, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, White Scars, Salamanders and Ultramarines. There was also the recent Black Templars box.

No Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Blood Angels.

The DA are getting mr Azreal, so they might have something extra.

What about us BA I wonder? Just the rumoured Rubicon Dante or more?

One can hope.

And I got no idea about the SW.

Space wolves have always been an outlier due to their number of unique units. The absence of BAs and DAs might tie in with the rumoured "Angels of Death" motiff. If we are lucky we might get something towards the end of Arks of Omen or at the start of 10th.

I am hoping the lack of anything now means we will be getting something more specific later. But then I always was the optimist.

2 hours ago, Spyros said:

New battleforces. Raven Guard, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, White Scars, Salamanders and Ultramarines. There was also the recent Black Templars box.

No Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Blood Angels.

The DA are getting mr Azreal, so they might have something extra.

What about us BA I wonder? Just the rumoured Rubicon Dante or more?

One can hope.

And I got no idea about the SW.

If they don’t give us a very serious Unique primaris unit I’ll be annoyed.

give me primaris Dante. Give me super sanguinor, give me melee inceptors. 

that’s all I really ask for in this up coming edition.

56 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

I imagine the timeline will be:

dark angels somewhere at the end of q1 or early q2.

10th at end of q2 or beginning of q3

blood angels this time next year

with Azrael and Dante perhaps sitting outside that timeline

I really hope we don’t have to wait another whole year to get some new BA stuff.

Valrak has said a few times he thinks that would be cool, but also never hinted at it actually being a thing. But he doesn’t get told everything!

that said, I’m really not sure a primaris version will be a 1:1 comparison, I still think they’ll work more like victrix guard tbh

Just like the Black Templars got all their model reworked into Primaris, so we will too (jump-pack DC Intercessors, Sanguinary Guard, etc.). The rubicon Mephiston is an excellent example.

It's just a matter of time, and I 'm tired of waiting...

Hi brothers. I didn't post in a very long time, as my life was very busy the past year, but I finally managed to build and paint my first and last model of 2022! Wanted to try the slap chop technique everybody seems to be talking about and I am very pleased with the outcome. 

IMG_20221230_111125_edit_132207281152221.jpg

IMG_20221230_111043_edit_132232119754300.jpg

IMG_20221230_111023_edit_132292806926166.jpg

IMG_20221230_111035_edit_132264862669399.jpg

Edited by Rhavien

12 Month Challenge over in the The Forge is back for another year and I can't recommend this event enough for anyone who will be regularly painting this year.

It's not faction-locked or anything like that. What it does is helps you regulate your painting into manageable chunks over the course of the year, which enables you to avoid burnout amongst other things (at least that's what I find).

I vow what I think I have time for that month, even if it's just a single Marine. If I complete it, great, I get a badge. If It turns out that I have time for another, then I can go again, and so on. It can be as stress free as you want it to be and it does help you clear your backlog.

Have a read and see what you think :thumbsup:

While I wasn't officially a part of it, I also followed along with the Twelve Months of Hobby challenge. Yes, I know there's some filthy xenos in there, but when your wife tells you to buy a new army so you can paint it green, you say "yes dear!"

each tile on the table is a different month. The front row left-right is Jan-June, and the back row left-right is July-Dec. 

adhering to a time-sensitive challenge really helps the motivation!

B255A9A3-0913-4C37-864C-7A5FED09C60A.jpeg