1 hour ago, Rhavien said:

Lovely :) I primed the most parts of my ba Levi this evening. Those models are so complex, I rather paint them half assembled. No chance to reach everywhere with a brush after everything is glued together. 

I do this with almost everything. Even simple units like basic infantry are often easier to paint if you leave the arms off. Painting chest eagles is hard as lots of Marines hold their bolters across their chests.

8 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I do this with almost everything. Even simple units like basic infantry are often easier to paint if you leave the arms off. Painting chest eagles is hard as lots of Marines hold their bolters across their chests.

Yeah, absolutely. But because I'm painting with the speed of a snail I try to find a certain balance. Otherwise I couldn't use 3/4 of my army yet...  My gaming group is well aware, that if they pick up one of my npainted models they could basically fall apart in every single bit :D

Edited by Rhavien

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sugarlessllama said:

Today my Death Company killed, lots and lots of Termagants. And in the process they kept a Tervigon tied up in melee for 3 full rounds.

Cool, and add it to here to please!

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/299343-today-the-death-company-killed/page/13/#comment-5910012

I have been playing in a local Crusade campaign, and I have been loving it. I have been playing more in the last 4 weeks than I have in the last 4 years. And I have even been building and painting models. It has been great fun. 

If anyone's interested, there is a painting competition announced on BA Commander's YT channel.
If the rules for choosing winners remain as they were last time,  it will be a lottery draw from those entries that are acknowledged by the jury board. So actually anyone has a fair chance as long as their paintwork is tidy. You do not have to use the most advanced techniques or be a Slayer Sword winner :smile:

Spoiler

Last time I entered with my Sicaran battle tank and made it to the final draw. I think I saw also some other Frater's work presented (sorry if I don't remember who it was).

Doesn't need to be added that any excuse to paint another Blood Angel (or Succesor) mini is a good one :happy:

Edited by Majkhel

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is it kind of weird that we got NO more mentions of Dante after the initial leak+GW reveal?  I thought they mentioned that we'd hear more about him during Adepticon but obviously The Lion was the showstopper there.

Just wondering if he's a Pre-10th or Post-Release for us.  Might be why the guy who leaked the WIP pics didn't include any stats with him; if the stats are for 10th, he might've been (rightfully) worried that he'd be going a bit too far with the leak.