It's time for this topic to return again as FW is back again with more Solar Auxilia treats!

Solar Auxilia Veletaris - volkites and reinforced void armour, seems like they're sort of veterans. Extra bonus points for the name :P

Solar Auxilia Leman Russ Incinerator - twin-linked volkite demi-culverin goes pyew pyew pyew.

Ooooh, new Leman Russ! That cannon would make a great counts-as Executioner if nothing else. I don't know the rules for the Volkite weapon it has, though.

I too know nothing of volkites. I was thinking it could be a counts-as Eradicator, but an Executioner would be cool too.

Dam you FW, just when I'm trying to cut down on my resin/plasic crack habbit!!!!I have always wanted a guard element to support my wolves, and with these new models it could be the start to a beautiful friendship. (until the wife finds out, haha)

Do it, I won't tell......

Dam you FW, just when I'm trying to cut down on my resin/plasic crack habbit!!!!I have always wanted a guard element to support my wolves, and with these new models it could be the start to a beautiful friendship. (until the wife finds out, haha)

Do it, I won't tell......

You won't need to, the wife in doors sees all. Her gaze pierces cloud, shaddow, earth and flesh.

I hope you do get some, it would be great to see someone paint them up ;)

Thanks WarriorFish, you know as a SW at heart I can't turn down a challenge. At least I can blame you when the wife finds out

Ooooh, new Leman Russ! That cannon would make a great counts-as Executioner if nothing else. I don't know the rules for the Volkite weapon it has, though.

basically it's a 5 shot battle cannon that is ap5 BUT it's twin linked and any unsaved wounds it causes generate extra wounds (so 3 unsaved wounds = 3 more rolls to wound on the unit. )

basically it's a 5 shot battle cannon that is ap5 BUT it's twin linked and any unsaved wounds it causes generate extra wounds (so 3 unsaved wounds = 3 more rolls to wound on the unit. )

It has the potential to cause 10 casualties O.O

Would any unsaved wound from the original ones cause an extra one too? I'm thinking no, but it could be fun.

According to t'internet, it's S7 AP5, with about 5 shots and also being Twin-Linked, it seems to basically be a better Exterminator with a fun rule for a few extra Wounds on hordes. Still think the Eradicator or Punisher are better anti-Horde weapons.

Also it has a freaky 45" range, breaking the "multiples of 6" rule."

Would any unsaved wound from the original ones cause an extra one too? I'm thinking no, but it could be fun.

Unfortunately, it is only the first set of unsaved wounds that cause another automatic hit. Consecutive unsaved wounds from that do not cause more hits.

But still, the ability to destroy a ten man squad without super cheesy weapons is too hard to resist.

VOLKITES FOR THE VOLKITE GOD!!!

Oh and I hear that lord Marshalls are the bees knees. Any tips on running them?

• 2 weeks later...

Another update from FW, a flamer section if you missed the announcement: Solar Auxila Flamer Section. They look dynamic and should be quite potent on the table top with so many flamers. Looks like the Auxilia is shaping up quite well! I wonder what's next? Perhaps a plasma section or something different?

I'm hoping for some additions that could function well in existing Guard armies but we shall see!

Another update from FW, a flamer section if you missed the announcement: Solar Auxila Flamer Section. They look dynamic and should be quite potent on the table top with so many flamers. Looks like the Auxilia is shaping up quite well! I wonder what's next? Perhaps a plasma section or something different?

I'm hoping for some additions that could function well in existing Guard armies but we shall see!

There won't be a plasma section if they are just building everything from Conquest unfortunately. To look forward to you have a Velatari Storm Squad with power axes and another Storm Squad with rotor cannons (look awesome but not great stat wise rotors). After that you have the cybernetically augmented Ogryns :P with power claws that can grant instant kill when you roll a 6 to hit (think the enemy has to fail a toughness test or something) and after that there isn't much left infantry wise other than the Command Section and a Lord Marshal. 

I was hoping they might look a little like their namesakes, I'm disappointed now I see they're guys with guns. Thanks Reyner, I have no choice but to send you to 3 months hard labour for making a Commissar sad. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them without pity or remorse :P

Archived