Well 30K doesn't really seem to be a thing around here, so I don't see myself ever using them as actual Solar Auxillia.

Good point about the relative strength of the armour. I suppose that could do. You could field them as a tertio in that fashion by combining squads to have 20-man units. Well, I have plenty of time to think about it because I really am not going to allow myself to buy any of those great models until after I've finished my BA and my Inquisition/Scion armies.

You may still be able to run the 30K list against 40K lists depending upon your group as my experience has been that the 30K lists are generally better balanced than 40K overall although you pay extra for stubborn and fearless.  Now that experience does not extend to the two book 4 lists, but see if folks are willing to experiment with some cross 30K-40K games.  Like the old saying goes, run it up the flag pole and see who salutes.  Who knows, perhaps they'll say "yeah, we all play 40K armies, but there is that one 30K Solar Auxiliary army that is just too awesome not to let him have all his toys."  Worst case you proxy hard to fit into Guard, Storm Trooper, and/or maybe 40K Mechanicus somehow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Up to you folks if you want a new thread for the Imperiam Militia found in HH: Tempest.

IMPERIAL MILITA / WARP CULTS ARMY LIST BREAKDOWN

HQs

• 0-1 force commander: this is your lord marshal/praetor equalitant, pretty standard selection of gear for a one model HQ, he can purchase the abilitly to select rather than roll for his warlord trait, taking a FC allows you to up to two 'provenances of war' 
  • provenances of war are army wide effects that boost or change units to fit a theme, i've already gone into full detail on them so will leave it at that.
  • discipline master cadre: 2-5 effectively 30k era commissars, rules are a tad different but work basically the same
  • [traitors only] rogue psyker, same as from IA13, can be possessed
  • axuilia platoon command cadre; your 30k era company command squad, 6-13 men, get platoon commander, vox and banner guy, and 3-7 bodyguards, ALL bodyguards can upgrade their lascarbines (lasguns) to several more powerful guns (bolter, grenade launcher, laslocks etc) but they must all be the same

Troops

• all units take up single FoC slots, no platoons or tercios
  • IM infantry squad: basic guys, standard guardsman stats, 20men flat with flak armour
  • inducted levy squad: this is the fun one, 20-50 men, 2pts a pop, do not confer 'first blood' nor kill points for wiping this squad out. their that worthless. 
  • IM grenadier squad: 10-20 men, carapace armour as standard and BS4, these are your veterans, fair few wargear options but not much past different guns
  • IM fire support squad, 5-10 heavy weapons teams (IG like, single stat) all must have the same gun
  • IM recon squad, 5 man unit of guardsmen, with scout, infiltrate, and MTC, can get meltabomb or a demo charge for the sergeant 

Dedicated Transports

• the mother :cussing gorgon, yes the 40man troop capicity superheavy is a DC. it is however your only DC.

Elites

• IM medicae detachement, 3-6 medics, same as SA with stats/wargear to match rest of IM, can't go on a levy squad, before you think of it
  • ogryn squad, 3-10 models, starts off with just flak armour and a single CCW, can purchase upgrades to make them like the chaos, GW or SA patterns, so its whatever floats your boat for these guys
  • enginseer squad, same at SA

Fast Attack

• arvus lighter, same as always
  • IA Sentinel scout squadron, 3-6 scout sentinels, standard weapon options
  • thunderbolt heavy fighter

Heavy Support

• IA auxilia rapier battery, as expected 1-3 rapiers with guardsmen crews
  • malcador heavy tank, plus the standard version, no infernus or valdor
  • leman russ squadron, may take heavy bolters or heavy flamers as sponsons
    -standard
    -annihilator
    -exterminator
    -demolisher
    -vanquisher
  • heavy ordnance battery, 1-3 of the heavy artillery carragies each with 4-8 crew
  • [traitor only] mutant spawns: 3-10 spawns

Lords of War

• baneblade
  • stormhamer 

via Garro

No clarification on unit options. Strange that Militia can only put more bodies on the board than Solar Auxilia if they use the :censored: Levies and not the Rifleman squads. 

Deets from Garro on the Militia variability:

by taking a force commander, you can purchase 0-2 'provenances' each acting like a rite of war, pretty much all non-vehicle models in the list are affected. the provenances cost between 35-100pts. 

warrior elite

• +1LD,
  • militia levy (:censored: conscripts) become support squads

gene-crafted

• +1 str and +1 initiative 
  • can not get FNP saves

cyber-augmetics

• 6+ invuln save, or +1 to existing
  • reduce run, sweeping advances by 1
  • can't be combined with gene-crafted

alchem-jackers

• stubborn during assault phase
  • if fails a LD test due to enemy shooting, becomes pinned instand of falling back
  • any unit can purchase 'rage' for a fee

survivors of the dark age

• +1 to armour save
  • compulsory troops must be grenadier squads
  • milita levy squads gain 'support squad' rule
  • can't be combined with cult horde or tainted flesh provenances
  • units can purchase +1str to their las weapon,
  • grenadier squads and command squads can purchase rhinos and LR proteus as dedicated transports (long live rogue trader)

feral warriors

• +1WS, orgyrn gain +1 attack instead
  • can not have more vehicle units than infantry
  • all non-orgyrn squads can purchase +1 attack for a fee

abhuman helots

• all units gain +1 toughness but have -1 initiative
  • can purchase 'discipline collars' for a fee

cult horde (traitor only)

• all units gain zealot
  • must always charge if in range
  • can only make snap shots and can not go to ground
  • can't take grenadier squads
  • can't be combined with survivors of the dark ages 

tainted flesh (traitors only)

• all units gain fear, feel no pain (6+) and rending in CC
  • complusory troops must be levy squads
  • can not have more 'non-levy' squads than levy squads
  • can only take force commander and rogue psykers as HQs
  • gains access to mutant spawns 
  • can't be combined with surviors of the dark ages, gene-crafted or alchem-jacker

Cyber-augmentics & Survivors of the Dark Age? Did someone say Chainveil? :devil:

regarding the Militia List and some fluff questions:

1. the legio suturvora are listed as WB allied titan legion and have no linked Knight houses, their scheme is gold trim, black panels with orange flames on all panels (like a reverse tiger eyes but dark orange instead of yellow)
  2. no new rite of war for WB
  3. thunderbolt and heavy ordnance artillery are in, as are rapiers
  4. regular malcador is in (valdor and infernus out), leman russes are all in Heavy support but loss the volkite and plasma turrets, can take heavy bolters or heavy flamer sponsons

via Penddraig, regarding the Cult Army List:

I asked AB about this and he said it was certainly a possibility as this list is there to represent the "typical" Imperial Army forces as opposed to the more elite Solar Auxilia. By using this list, you are able to create everything from black powder musket wielding hordes of 50 man units, more heavily armoured units of 20 with the lasgun that we are used to from 40k through to hordes of mutants. You can even create abhuman units with detonator collars. The list shows that at this stage of the Imperiums history, the Imperial Army is still formed from indentured units from Compliant worlds - they haven't been formed into the autonomous Imperial Guard with unified equipment, arms and vehicles. At this stage, the IA is formed from whatever the Imperium has available as they are not the "cutting edge" of the Great Crusade: that is the remit of the Astartes and the Solar Auxilia.

It was also mentioned that this is a modelllers dream as it provides you with a "toolkit" to create whatever style of Imperial Army force you want. You could run beastmen models with rifles, old Necromunda gangers, Cadian Shocktroops, Catachan jungle fighters, the FW range of Chaos cultists - pretty much whatever you want. Even Fantasy Imperial troops may be used as black powder weapons are part of the list.

Weapons range from (as mentioned above), black powder through to lasguns, autoguns etc. All the low-tech equipment that is clearly inferior to the Astartes and the SA but then, throw enough mud at something and some of it will stick. The IA list will kill just through sheer rate of dice being thrown at the opposing force. Sure, you won't have much left by the time Astartes have finished with you but for each Astartes, you probably have 3-5 Milita. 

We were talking about tanks and anybody who says otherwise is a liar.

I need to get my guys painted so that I can justify buying some of those alpha hulls. What would we be able to use Incinerators as in 40k? I'm thinking battle tanks, exterminators, or executioners so long as you were consistent and explained it to your opponent first.

These rules all sound quite interesting, it's a pity I'll never play HH as it seems like there's going to be a lot of customisability and options. I think Incinerators would work best as Eradicators but any of those would be good stand ins.

We were talking about tanks and anybody who says otherwise is a liar.

I need to get my guys painted so that I can justify buying some of those alpha hulls. What would we be able to use Incinerators as in 40k? I'm thinking battle tanks, exterminators, or executioners so long as you were consistent and explained it to your opponent first.

The model is quite similar to the plastic Executioner - paint the coils red rather than the traditional plasma blue and be clear and I can't see anyone getting frustrated. 

The heavy russ rules for the SA are a bit odd, getting bonus BS based on unit size - I think an Executioner/Incinerator would make a good combo, or maybe the Demolisher/Executioner combo (I used that a lot in 5th). 

• 3 months later...

Cross-posts from the Amsterdam Open Day:

thanks @ Batltebunnies again :)

med_gallery_79873_10492_26929.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_26931.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150905_102110_zpsblj7hgsn.jpg

These models... They are godlike in real life.. and those blood angels.. Holg fudge

Nothing else right now (apparently this is due to the chap who designed the SA leaving and his replacement is getting up to speed).

• 4 weeks later...

On the off chance this hasn't been seen yet:

Solar Auxilia Veletaris

As they have appeared in the bulletin, they should be released in ~ 4-5 weeks.

Thanks for posting that!

I bit the bullet the other day and ordered Book 4: Conquest and it's a relief to see they are going to keep producing models for them as it's going to take a while to get an army going.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm relatively confused by the helmets.  The rest of the Solar Auxilia has a very specific helmet design that is only modified by crests extending from the top.

Anyways, folded pages bother me so I have tried to increase the visible details here while enlarging and straightening the page.  Hopefully it gives everyone a better look at the models!

Edit: Re-added the slight sepia tone the magazine had to take the edge off the stark white color.  I can put the black/white one back if needed but I think this one is easier to review.

http://i.imgur.com/cFTjNKa.png

• 2 weeks later...

40k Open Day stuff:

Penddraig on 30k:

• There are currently no plans to develop the Solar Auxilia further than the moment other than to finish the range with the medicae and the special character.
  • There are also no plans to develop a Red Book for the combined Solar Auxilia, Warp Cult / Imperial Militia and Knight House but this wasn`t ruled out if the range expanded.

From mr_r_parker:

Veletaris Storm Section with power axes:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/m_r_parker/40k%20Open%20Day%202015/50788C97-FC91-4F04-97B4-74B43D6164CB_zpstveeel6e.jpg

Meanwhile, this is over on the ~CHOOM thread in the AoD forum:

If you have pictures, brother, they'd be greatly appreciated (as well as anyone else who has some Veletaris to show to the club). :smile.:

Well, I have the first 5 of them done and they are in my WIP but as I'm traveling for the next four days you probably won't see anything new from me until early next week.

I will admit that I caved and ordered a Leman Russ Incinerator last night as the Call of CHOOM! was to much for me to resist.  I'm beginning to think the delay in Forge World shipments is designed specifically to allow us to escape the scrutiny of our significant others as it doesn't "look" like we're ordering a whole bunch at once.  Very clever you crazy Brits!

I'll repost my Veletaris in this thread to make them easier to find for people looking for CHOOM!

http://i.imgur.com/tEaoeRH.png

Archived