I really don't know that they need anymore units anyways as they feel like a relatively player decided force. You can go gunline with Las rifles/aegis or mechanized shock with dracosans crashing in close with demolisher/lascannons and unloading collide and poweraxe fury. Both forces can make use of lemans, malcadors, and super heavies. Toss in the elites and others and you have a well rounded force.

I only wish they could use avenger jets, as the mechanicum can, so I could cross utilize them between my Lions and Scorpions. I really don't have use for thunderbolts in my 40K force.

Sorry for typos, I'm using my phone in the airport!

Thanks for the kind words WarriorFish!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

57 pounds?

that's 16 more than the 10 man squads of SA (and twice the price of a DKK squad) and only 2 pounds off the price of a Leman Russ. 

Cool and all, but I think I'll stick to my proxies for the time being for what amounts to 6 FNP upgrades. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

The Aurox looks really good when painted in a more pragmatic colour scheme than the Forgeworld one (the brass edging does it no favours) and for that reason I'll wait until I see how this new one looks in person before I judge it too harshly! 

The Aurox and it's spin-offs don't do it for me. The Imperial Guard/Army have revolved around the Leman Russ/Chimera/Malcador chassis for too long that a glorified Rhino just seems out of place.

With that being said, I still might pick them up. I don't dislike them, I just feel they clash a bit too much aesthetically, like I brought Space Marine allies. I'd still bring it over a Taurox in 40k though.

Archived