IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

So can someone clarrify for me, Do the R&H get access to spawn and zombies with FNP (4+) in the TROOPS slot? that would be awesome

Yes, but zombies require that your Warlord be an Arch-demagogue with covenant of Nurgle.

To take spawn (at all, let alone as troops), your warlord needs to either have the Covenant of Tzeentch (0-3 as troops), or be a Master of Mutants (0-1 as troops), in either case they cannot be your compulsory troops.

plague zombies: 10-50 models, -1WS/BS and I compared to cultists, no armor, 4+ FnP, fearless, S&P, warp plague (destroying/making a unit flee in CC gives +d3 zombies, even above starting unit strength) for half the cost (round up).

fluff is good, exspecially for dark mechanicus.

Arkhos isn't in there, but Mamon, Uraka and the 4 Daemon Lords.

Mutants are 10-50, profile and cost like IG conscripts but with pistol and ccw. Like most R&H units they have to buy armour, and any model can change their pistol to a rifle or shotgun. No special or heavy weapons. They roll on a table before the battle, simplified it is basically;

1-2 = scary (Fear and a slight drawback)

3-4 = sneaky (Scout and a slight drawback)

5-6 t= 'chargey' (HoW and a slight drawback). Plus some extra rules.

All in all I think Beastmen work well enough whatever result you get. Sure, you want the chargey result if all your dudes have horns, but Fear or Scout can be just as useful so I don't think it's all bad. The Champ can be given a Covenant, aligning them to Khorne gives you Beastmen more or less, but be aware that they are not 'good', they are fodder. A unit of 30 with upgrades will cost around :cuss points per model, and you get what you pay for so to say. The larger the unit the less you pay per model, since most upgrades are on a per-unit basis.

They are fodder but Mutants can hurt on the charge if they hit with a few. Tooled right they have 4 attacks on the charge and re-roll failed wounds. That is still good to bury someone in attacks, but not reliable. however for a unit of :cuss suitably armed costs :cuss points along with a 50 Point Enforcer leading them to keep them going and give them some extra hitting power (from Combat Stim injectors that give Rage needed to get the 4 attacks instead of 3).

With R&H you can flood the board with bodies better than anyone else in the game.

Yes, fluff. Is there good stuff for creation of daemon engines? Is it inline with the FFG RPG mechanics?

Any black legion? And I hear Arkos is in there, is that true? Imma supahappy camper if so!!!

Yeah, we get extensive fluff about the creation of Daemon engines;

Overall the fluff is cool. A few warbands get a lot of stuff, like the Warp Ghosts, the Tenebrae and the Flawless Host. Few cool tidbits like the fact that the Defiler was first introduced in the Black Legion, Saint Josman's Hope taking and destruction gets a mention along with the Violators. There's a cool ass Sons of Malice Fire Raptor too.

We get a few examples of special formations of some renegade Chapters / Legions, really cool stuff.

I was suprised there is next to no actual fluff on Lost and the Damned. A few instances of insurrections, but nothing more.

Oh, and the timeline says the Sabbat Worlds Crusade is won by the Imperium. I guess that's a big spoiler. Or that would be one if Gaunt's Ghosts could actually be killed like any human being.

I was hoping mutants would be like CSM Cultists when it came to special weapons, but they have no access to special weapons at all. The Champ can be given a power weapon though, and if you include an Enforcer he can be given a powerfist even. Though I dunno about the Enforcer, I mean, 30 mutants with a tooled-up Enforcer or 50 without him. I think those extra bodies could be better, but the extra Ld and reroll given by the Enforcer is really good for a fodder unit like mutants... though choice. Maybe a non-tooled up enforcer would be best?

The other thing I think R&H do really well is the fielding of Barrage weapons in great numbers. All the Barrage weapons in HS are in units/squadrons and they are cheaper than their imperial counter-part on account of the BS 2 (which is irrelevant IMO). I think a R&H manning the Barrage weapons supporting IW force is ideal (potential 15 Wyverns/Griffons in the single detachment).

Glad to see they still can't unsuck the Defiler.

I love my defiler, haven't regretted taking it once in 7th. Also haven't lost it once in 7th and its ID S8 with massive range and CC threat is fantastic

I'm actually really interested in your experiences here, mate. How about opening a new topic on the subject of Defilers in 7th edition? I'd really like to read more about ways to use my three Defiler models.

Yes, fluff. Is there good stuff for creation of daemon engines? Is it inline with the FFG RPG mechanics?

Any black legion? And I hear Arkos is in there, is that true? Imma supahappy camper if so!!!

Overall the fluff is cool. A few warbands get a lot of stuff, like the Warp Ghosts, the Tenebrae and the Flawless Host. Few cool tidbits like the fact that the Defiler was first introduced in the Black Legion, Saint Josman's Hope taking and destruction gets a mention along with the Violators. There's a cool ass Sons of Malice Fire Raptor too.

We get a few examples of special formations of some renegade Chapters / Legions, really cool stuff.

I was suprised there is next to no actual fluff on Lost and the Damned. A few instances of insurrections, but nothing more.

Oh, and the timeline says the Sabbat Worlds Crusade is won by the Imperium. I guess that's a big spoiler. Or that would be one if Gaunt's Ghosts could actually be killed like any human being.

Wait, they got fluff on the Warp Ghosts? Those dudes in black with the kickass green flames? Color me excited for that.

And who are the Tenebrae? Can't say they ring any bells. Feel free to go into specifics.

And they brought back the bit with the Defilers being made by the Black Legion? Schweet.

Hmm, could be wrong but I thought the Sabbat Crusades were already a forgone conclusion from the early 900s.M41 and the series just chronicled the saga of the Ghosts.

The Tenebrae are this bunch of Chaos Marines that first showed up on the Imperial radar around M33, but had been active before that. They have a *lot* of old school stuff, my inference was either lost Legion, or an Expeditionary Fleet that fell during the Heresy away from the main action.

Dragonlover

Can Renegade Vehicles purchase Legacies of Ruin?

Rules lawyer time!

"Players of any Traitor Legion, renegade warband or splinter faction of their own invention can use Legacies of Ruin [...]" (IA13, p.187)

...may be fluff, may apply to renegade CSM chapters only, may indicate intent, but RAW say:

"Subject to the limits set out in each individual entry that follows, any vehicle in a Codex: Chaos Space Marines army and any of its supplemental Codexes (such as Codex: Black Legion) may choose from the following Legacies of Ruin." (same page forther down)

Is the Renegades & Heretics army list a C:CSM army? a supplement?

"When selecting an allied contingent for an army using the Allies Matrix, a Renegade and Heretics army is considered identical to a standart Chaos Space Marines army;" (IA13, p. 150)

so this only applies to the allies mechanic. Any other arguments?

The Tenebrae are this bunch of Chaos Marines that first showed up on the Imperial radar around M33, but had been active before that. They have a *lot* of old school stuff, my inference was either lost Legion, or an Expeditionary Fleet that fell during the Heresy away from the main action.

Dragonlover

How old school are we talking? The only references I seem to be able to find online are talking about a manuscript from the FLG RPG.

Wait, they got fluff on the Warp Ghosts? Those dudes in black with the kickass green flames? Color me excited for that.

And who are the Tenebrae? Can't say they ring any bells. Feel free to go into specifics.

And they brought back the bit with the Defilers being made by the Black Legion? Schweet.

Hmm, could be wrong but I thought the Sabbat Crusades were already a forgone conclusion from the early 900s.M41 and the series just chronicled the saga of the Ghosts.

There's also a bit about Skyrar's Dark Wolves. They have a big tank formation called "Company of Steel". They were involved in a Black Crusade. They rolled with Tallomin, Prince of Princes and fought the Space Wolves (they are apparently rumoured to be a former GC of the SW).

There is also a new renegade Chapter that gets quite a lot of stuff : the Night Reapers.

About the Warp Ghosts, judging from the paint scheme of their Typhon heavy siege tank (part of their siege formation called "Stygian Vanguard"), they kept their original scheme, this one. The scheme you're talking about is the Bleak Brotherhood one. The Warp Ghosts are Chaos mercenaries.

The Tenebrae appear to be cursed. Wherever they go, night falls and people fall prey to madness.

Not much on the Violators, there's an awesome looking Dreadclaw with their paint scheme and some nice markings. The Dreadclaw was part of the first wave that assaulted Saint Josman's Hope and it is presumed destroyed now that the planet went boom. Other than that, they are also known to be among those who use Sonic Dreadnoughts.

The Dark Wolves get an expansion too? Sweet. I haven't seen anything on them since the 4th Edition Codex. And all it said was that they operated near Fenris.

The Night Reapers get some too? That is awesome. I've been waiting for that since I heard tale of them popping up in the SM IA: Warmachines book. Do they get a color scheme?

Huh, so the Warp Ghosts are back to grey? Kind of prefer the black one though. :P

I think I might like the idea of the Tenebrae. More fuel for my Tyrannical Night.

How old school are we talking? The only references I seem to be able to find online are talking about a manuscript from the FLG RPG.

I think he means that in IA13, they're described as having a lot of pre-Heresy vehicles and equipment. Not that there's been a lot written about them in the past.

The Dark Wolves get an expansion too? Sweet. I haven't seen anything on them since the 4th Edition Codex. And all it said was that they operated near Fenris.

The Night Reapers get some too? That is awesome. I've been waiting for that since I heard tale of them popping up in the SM IA: Warmachines book. Do they get a color scheme?

Huh, so the Warp Ghosts are back to grey? Kind of prefer the black one though. tongue.png

I think I might like the idea of the Tenebrae. More fuel for my Tyrannical Night.

Sorta, about the Night Reapers. We get one of their tank. It's mostly golden with Black / purple details.

The Tenebrae's coulours are said to be "dusk-purple".

About the Warp Ghosts :

Supposed to number around several thousands Astartes.

Possess at least two score of powerful warships, their flagship is a huge Heresy-era assault barque named Spectre Eris. They have tons of ships, some are Xenos, and they even have a Space Hulk. The Warp Ghosts are marauders, world-breakers, and mercenaries for Chaos factions, "owing fealty to neither god nor master, but only to the coin of strong flesh and blood, fealty and sacrifice".

They may be cursed as withered undying souls condemned for "some unknown sin or treachery" to ride the tides of the Warp is search of new flesh to wear. They gained a reputation as ferrymen of the damned (they transport vast war hosts of the Lost and the Damned as well as Chaos warbands and Dark Mechanicus forces to "ravage the stars as long as their sinister price is met").

They were often confused with forces they fought along, such as Bleak Brotherhood, Deathmongers and the Unhallowed, but they're a separate thing indeed.

They joined their forces to the 13th Black Crusade.

Archived