IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

Ah, okay. I had an "Indiana Jones getting ready to discover the Lost Ark" moment. And then you burst the bubble. :(

Side question, has anyone in the U.S. Who ordered the book received it yet? First time ordering from Forgeworld an I'm trying to get an idea of when it might show up.

Posted · Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, October 21, 2014 - Selling book
Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, October 21, 2014 - Selling book

That I do not know.

But, as I'm not a Chaos player myself, if anyone is desperate for the Ltd Edition, and misses out, I would be willing to part with mine for cost (£50 at Warhammer Fest), plus P&P.

I can always replace it with the standard version - only got the Ltd because of shiny syndrome!

Sorry, though the value I posted was an approximate average per model rounded to the nearest integer for a unit of a given size with unspecified upgrades, which is a lot less information than what you can see currently in the army list section (which has been available for a few days, and where specific point values for units with specific upgrades are given), so what is ok or not is a bit unclear to me in that case. tongue.png

My copy arrived yesterday! Beautiful book. Very pleased to add it to my collection :)

Now to talk myself out of going on a FW spending spree..but I guess I'll cave around X-mas time and get me some Dreadclaws, Sonic Dread(s) and maaaybe a Kharybdis. God that thing is sexy. Help me.

Also I really like the Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought. Just the conversion potential alone make it worthwhile. WS5 and BS5 are just the icing on the cake.

Side question, has anyone in the U.S. Who ordered the book received it yet? First time ordering from Forgeworld an I'm trying to get an idea of when it might show up.

I'm in the same boat, ordered it last Thursday and hoping it will show up by the end of the week. 

Forgeworld shipments to North America can usually take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks. I've never had any order take longer than 3 weeks due to shipment delays.

A simple question for those who have access to the book already. What are the options for the Ogryns? Are they only allowed access to close combat weapons or do they finally get access to Ripper Guns and, if we're lucky, the heavy shields that Bullgryns get?

A simple question for those who have access to the book already. What are the options for the Ogryns? Are they only allowed access to close combat weapons or do they finally get access to Ripper Guns and, if we're lucky, the heavy shields that Bullgryns get?

Nope no guns. It's too bad, since I got my 'Chaos Ogryn' which I use for my AM army ready, and was looking forward to maybe using them in the new LotD army, but they can't be given guns. They also cost 50% more than standard Ogryn, and that is not counting the cost of buying armour. Speaking off, they can be given a 4+ save which is nice, but after looking at the unit again it's really a unit of chaos hounds (who have a reasonable cost for what you get), and you can buy extra handlers if you want. But the Ogryn by themselves have an outrageous cost, to the point of me at first assuming a misprint.

I'll have to pull one of my Sonic Dreads apart though, since he can't get the thunder hammer.
The Chaos Hounds are infantry.. I'd have wanted them to be beasts.. Guess my hounds of Xaphan will continue to serve as spawns. A bit sad, but the book more than makes up for it in other choices though. :) Got mine this morning, ordered it monday night last week.
And also, can anyone tell me where the rules for a flamestorm cannon, and all the other relic predator weapons are listed? can't find 'em in the book.

Wow, that's sorely disappointing. . . However with the 4+ armour, I can still go through with my plan. I just love the idea of an iron wall of Orgyns with heavy plated armour and tower shields, wadding into Imperial gunfire with a horde of screaming mutants and cultists at their heels just waiting to and chanting to their thirsting Gods ready to spill into the enemy lines.

censored.gif badger sad.png

So who got new and updated formations?

There is no fomation in the book. There are depiction of actual military formations used by some Renegate Chapter / Warband / Legion, but that's just fluff with nice pictures.

Wow, that's sorely disappointing. . . However with the 4+ armour, I can still go through with my plan. I just love the idea of an iron wall of Orgyns with heavy plated armour and tower shields, wadding into Imperial gunfire with a horde of screaming mutants and cultists at their heels just waiting to and chanting to their thirsting Gods ready to spill into the enemy lines.

Yes!! That sounds epic!

I'm in the same boat, ordered it last Thursday and hoping it will show up by the end of the week. 

Am in the US. I ordered my hardcopy on 10/14 - hopefully will arrive end of week too.

Archived