IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

I keep checking my porch, although I know that I realistically have a few days left to even really consider expecting the book.  I'm just pretty excited about the whole thing really.  

Traitor guard have been one of the things I get most excited about, seeing which Baneblades we get... come on Stormlord!!... and I salivate a little.  By a little I mean drool.

Glad to see they still can't unsuck the Defiler.

I love my defiler, haven't regretted taking it once in 7th. Also haven't lost it once in 7th and its ID S8 with massive range and CC threat is fantastic

I'm actually really interested in your experiences here, mate. How about opening a new topic on the subject of Defilers in 7th edition? I'd really like to read more about ways to use my three Defiler models.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/291511-defiler-glory/

Thats the first time I used it, its basically doing the same thing almost every game.

last one it wiped out approximately one and a half of my opponents bike squads and threatened the armie with lines of fire enough tha my opponent refused to try and engage the main bulk of my terminators. Never even lost a hull point after it obliterated my opponents meltagun armed squad. I wish however that I;d been more agressive in getting it to go after my opponents command squad, the S10 from the Power fists was scaring him away

I'm truly finding the combination of IWND, S8 and 72' makes the Defiler a contender with Grinders and Hulks because it can kill most things that have enough numbers to threaten its 4 HPs outside their range

Side question, has anyone in the U.S. Who ordered the book received it yet? First time ordering from Forgeworld an I'm trying to get an idea of when it might show up.

I'm in the same boat, ordered it last Thursday and hoping it will show up by the end of the week. 

Am in the US. I ordered my hardcopy on 10/14 - hopefully will arrive end of week too.

My order shipped on the 16th. Here's to hoping it comes soon.

Dirge caster or scourge?

Neither. I keep the heavy flamer. Means that if you get charhes they get wall of deathed. Or you get to flame a unit that tries creeping into your backfield before charging and those types of units are usually very vulnerable to heavy flamers.

Basically I don't find the 6th attack to be worth 25 pts.

I'm happy with 5 attacks (3 PF = +2A) and 6 on the charge....

Mine apparently came in today sometime after three while I was sleeping for work tonight. Unfortunately all I can do is a brief glance but, the Black Wings? Who are these guys and why do they pique my curiosity so? Also, the Night Reapers are not dead(plus for me for future project reasons), they do have colors(another plus for me), but they're gold(I hate shiny colors. Even if it is a dull gold). 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Even have a heraldry!

Oh an the Bleak Brotherhood get a Brass Scorpion. :P

EDIT: I ordered last wednesday and was told it shipped out last thursday as a reference point for those who haven't yet received it.

Dirge caster or scourge?

Neither. I keep the heavy flamer. Means that if you get charhes they get wall of deathed. Or you get to flame a unit that tries creeping into your backfield before charging and those types of units are usually very vulnerable to heavy flamers.

It does more than the extra attack though. The -D3 Ws for opponents mean that it will be hit by those grenades on 4+ and in some cases 5+ instead of 3+, and it can possibly hit on 3+ itself, which is huge when it comes to having I3 Ws3.

Dirge caster or scourge?

It does more than the extra attack though. The -D3 Ws for opponents mean that it will be hit by those grenades on 4+ and in some cases 5+ instead of 3+, and it can possibly hit on 3+ itself, which is huge when it comes to having I3 Ws3.

And at 10 or myabe even 15 points that would be a consideration, i'd drop some wargear to try it once or twice.

But at 25 pts, losing the heavy flamer in addition makes it an easy no go for me

Mine arrived today, exactly a week after getting the shipment email. It takes just as long to send a parcel from Sydney to Perth, so I was happy with that turnaround.

Haven't had a chance to do more than a quick flick through during my lunch break, between a couple of confused looks from colleagues at the slip cover. Loving the publication quality so far :)

can't see why one would take a defiler when there's nurgle soul grinders or plague hulks. AV13 shrouded is so much more survivable and as long as the Cannon shoots farther than 24", it's the same range class for a vehicle that has no qualms about getting close, moves 6" and is almost 6" wide itself on a 48" board.

[Weeps at terrible Australian shipping times]

I ordered mine express on the 14th, conformation on the 16th and still no book. It's driving me bananas :(

In your Forgeworld "my account" for the order is the delivery company listed?

Mine isn't but I wanted to check if any other Aussie has it listed. I emailed forgeworld but no luck yet.

Lord Lee.

can't see why one would take a defiler when there's nurgle soul grinders or plague hulks. AV13 shrouded is so much more survivable and as long as the Cannon shoots farther than 24", it's the same range class for a vehicle that has no qualms about getting close, moves 6" and is almost 6" wide itself on a 48" board.

S8, Longer range by far, proliferation of ignores cover and IWND

When most S7+ is 24-36 range that 72 means something

S8, Longer range by far, proliferation of ignores cover and IWND

When most S7+ is 24-36 range that 72 means something

I wish I didn't face Eldar every other battle (lots of S7 range 60" ignore cover firepower). I might have been less displeased with our current situation in that case.

Is the Hulk for demons or can I take it with csm?

hulk is HS for both, Grinder daemons only (a GUO and 3 nurglings are a great opportunity cost, though)

Not every Warband is a fan of rotting, pus covered abominations?

this doesn't make sense! ;)

Yeah, IWND is weird. I can make strings of jammy invuln saves, but I never get back hull points.

Is anyone else tempted to fill Spartans with Cultists just to confuse the opponent?

Dragonlover

Not really, spartans are rather expensive to do that sort of thing...but hey maybe it's worth a try. 

Archived