I have four HBs ready for the Sunder and have long lamented their lack of viability so this will be great :smile.: I'll start with autocannons first but I'll definitely be modelling some HBs - maybe even end up running two Havoc squads perhaps?

I'm wondering about how viable pure infantry will be in 8th, shooting certainly seems quite potent so I may still need some Rhinos to effectively close the gap. Not that I don't still want to paint some tanks in the Sunder's scheme (I am a tread head after all), but it'd be great to be able to focus on infantry and not have a handicap for it.

To round off the day's work, the Rubric:

gallery_30308_10249_17976.jpg

He's served well as I've refined my method to make things faster, so future Sons won't be as much work. Just as well as aside from the rest of the squad I also have some Scarab Occult and a 30k Ahriman and this is likely to grow in time :tongue.:

You're brave slapping the blood on that white! :P I would have thought twice ;) Looking great though, as always some varied and interesting poses I'm looking forward to more. A rhino would look very striking in this scheme!

I like the new Rubric scheme too, the white is a good change :tu:

I was trying to make it look like he delivered a bolt to someone standing very close, will need to experiment a bit more with paint flicking :smile.: Purple and white (or an off white in this case) always go well together, I think I'll try Duncan's tabard scheme on this guy see how it looks. Worst comes to it I can experiment on the rest of the Rubrics until I find something that works :laugh.:

Thanks to refining the scheme I think I might be able to paint up the Rubrics fairly quickly, at least compared to the amazing detail they have. I think it's time to officially admit that my Sons force will be growing in the future. In for a penny, in for a pound as the old saying goes - just as planned by Tzeentch no doubt :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I can add some more new members now, at least in plastic form - 10 new MkIVs and 10 Tartaros Termies! :biggrin.: That should give me plenty of bits to keep me busy, hoping to get the next two CSM completed this Bank Holiday :smile.:

Now I have 15 Termies ready we'll see how long my resolve lasts before I start work on them. The goal is to complete my second CSM squad and an HQ choice first, anyone a betting man? :laugh.:

I'm still leaning towards a Chaos Lord strongly, not least because I have some Sanguinary Guard bits I'd like to use and some fancy lightning claws. Going to magnetise him fully too, though maybe I want to have a more generic lord and try and save Yjun himself for later?

Tempted with a Sorcerer still, but I don't think I can use the Heretic Astartes psychic powers cards I have so that's put a downer on it :ermm: Suppose I'll see what takes my fancy once I've completed the second CSM squad?

I'm going for broke, the rest of the second squad is assembled!

gallery_30308_10249_44949.jpg

Close up 1:
gallery_30308_10249_39116.jpg

Close up 2:
gallery_30308_10249_9646.jpg

Champ, with magnetised weapons of course:
gallery_30308_10249_3065.jpg

I changed the post of the heavy, decided it was better suited to a bolter pose. I've got some running Assault Marine legs somewhere, I'll need to dig them out when I assemble a few more BP/CCW Marines next.

Some of it is the picture angle but the FW Kakophoni models are a little taller, further exasperated by their more upright pose compared to the classic bolter squat. His helmet plume and stepping stone are what makes it appear that much more but I don't mind the Champs standing out some, helps identify them as more important and I'm sure they'd like that ;)

I'm seeing how much I can get done on them today, maybe I can pick up other bits during the week. Hopefully six at once isn't too much to chew :P

Thanks Prot, I'm getting there slowly - or if six at once works not-quite-as-slowly :tongue.: I've run a quick 500pts basic list and as expected infantry runs a fair bit cheaper. In the long term this is of course great news as I'm still keen on my infantry heavy plans... Short term not so much as even being generous I have a fair few points left over! Looks like I'll need to do a few more CSM to fill them up, though some extra numbers would probably be a good thing for the squads :smile.:

As for your current work - pictures or it's not happening :wink:

Close up 1:

gallery_30308_10249_39116.jpg

Woah loads of excellent progress here! They're looking great, some wonderfully characterful poses too. In particularly I wanted to single out the middle dude in this picture. That pointing chainsword arm is one I've never managed to make into a good pose (other than the standard air pointing one) and his cocky challenging point is fantastic :tu:

I'm looking forward to these guys being complete and seeing more of this army coming together :D A rhino chassis vehicle would look great in this scheme, albeit difficult to paint.