I just have to enter some text on forte's improved badge and resize it. Doesn't take long.

You can put the badge in your signature if you wish, and it's up to you whether you want to make it a link to this thread.

Oh, and I took the liberty to add your wip thread to your links in the first post. I'll remove it if that bothers you.

Im Currently on holiday in Mordheim. BUT I would love to join this. It makes me sick seeing all the Chaos dudes with fancy badges and all. I know, I know being a Raptor, I shouldn't worry about fancy badges but.... I WANNA BADGE!!!!

Raptors 5th Company

Link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/256158-a-reckless-disregard-for-the-codex-astartes/

Is there any fluff anywhere regarding the Raven Guard 5th company ? To be perfectly honest, I'm a lazy painter and the color scheme of my Ghost Warriors is so close to the Raven Guard, that I might as well stop being a closeted Raven Guard Captain and assume it :tongue.:

Besides, fielding Shrike the other night really drove me to collect a true Raven Guard original force ^^ 

How about the 2nd company ? Aajz Solari sounds like a pretty fun guy to play ^^

Edited by GreyCrow

According to Lexicanum, Corvane Valar is the captain of the 5th company during the 13th Black Crusade and appears in A D-B's Cadian Blood aboard the strike cruiser Second Shadow.

He's dead, Jim.

Well, I guess that leaves room for creating the 5th co or 2nd co as we want ! I'll paint them as 5th company first before deciding on putting a stripe on the shoulder pad ^^

Well, I've painted a test model for the Raven Guard's 2nd company today and I'm seduced ! I think I'm going to write off the Ghost Warriors as being destroyed and going to do the Raven Guard 2nd company instead ^^

Gold trim on Black is really smexy.

Well, I've painted a test model for the Raven Guard's 2nd company today and I'm seduced ! I think I'm going to write off the Ghost Warriors as being destroyed and going to do the Raven Guard 2nd company instead ^^

Gold trim on Black is really smexy.

Pics or it didn't happen. 

Hey that's not bad. So you don't get down with the colored shoulder pad rims for squad type? I wonder how many of us do. I don't paint RG, but I'm developing a color scheme for my Eagle Eyes with colored right arms based on squad type. The idea is to pay homage to the old fluff about green rims for tacs, red assault and yellow devastator (although I'm using black for them). I don't know why I always liked it. 

Well, apparently, it used to be like that a few codices ago, in the Index Astartes 4 as well, there was the squad type on the shoulder trim with green for tacticals, red for assault and yellow for devastators.

Now it seems that they've gone towards a more codex Astartes approach, with the company number on the trim...

Thanks ! I'm getting better with the current combat squad, by the end of the army, I'll highlight with the eyes closed :tongue.:

Probably going to make a WIP as well !

EDIT :

@ Knight, would you kindly add me in the Raven Guard Chapter as the 2nd company ? I'm really more enthusiastic about representing the company on the tabletop than my DIY Chapter :)

I spent all evening painting the first minis of the project and I really think that's the company that I'll be going for... I've just been hooked by the description of Captain Solari and I'd like to represent him on the board ! (Lexicanum lists him as a frontline Captain much like Shrike, but very cocky, strong headed and ferocious, leading Assault Squads in battle).

Doesn't look like much so far, but here's the pics ! Hoping to get most of my force done soon ! :)

Aajz Solari 1

Edited by GreyCrow

my problem is that they have two current captains for 4th company. one is that bloke from the ultramarine  series Aethon Shann (who just had one squad with him instead of an entire company so who knows?) and Koryn that fought with the brazen minotaurs in an audio-book series. it's kinda annoying to not know how they act/are based on lexicam articles x-x

Hehe, well, 40k being a dice game, every move is a gamble ! :p I'm just going with the flow here, hehe !

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/299025-raven-guard-2nd-company-in-progress/ <-- Here's a link to my WIP thread, though don't expect White Dwarf grade painting ^^

Regarding the 4th company, I guess it's hard to find the current Captain, although we could compare that with who is the current Captain of the Ultramarines 4th company and expand from that. Apparently, Shaan was the Captain of the 4th in 854.999 M41, so that would be the most recent timeline.

However, Koryn has been featured multiple times by the George Mann's the man, so it's really up to you...

A lot of 40k lore takes place anywhere in the final millennium. If one of the captains isn't given exact dates, I think it is safe to assume they are captains at different times. A thousand years is a long time, there could have been a dozen or more captains of that particular company in that time.