I personally liked it. didn't seem to bury any legions and to be honest corax popping out of the corner would scare the piss out of anyone not used to it. 

Yeah, Flint. I didn't have a problem with it. I thought it was kind of nice to have a random NL running around messing with the RG guy's head. Subtly implying that he should be doing things differently. That he didn't think for himself. Corax being there got weird, but in a way in reinforced both of their points. 

Ah, apologies if my earlier comment sounded like a bit of a harsh critique. Didn't mean to say it was bad, just kinda odd. Kids over on the 8th legion side of the fence are still pondering over what to make of it, and what some of the dialog implies. 

I've always been a fan of "legionary exchange programs" and this one was interesting. I think it was just a couple of pages too short, and thus some of the ideas that could have been pretty neat got truncated into the confusing. 

The prime example for me was Nuon's lines, in reference to the Ravenguard's question of his intention to slaughter those who surrendered, driving the remaining resistance to fight even harder:

‘Not if they do not find out,’ replied Nuon. ‘I would not suggest parading the fact to the survivors. In fact, treat them well and have them say as much for a few days. Dread works best in contrast to hope. Torture a few others, have them scream their confessions of resistance across the vox. They will make a compelling argument. And when the enemy capitulate, slaughter them to avoid any risk of further disobedience.’

This seems really contradictory to itself. Slaughter the survivors whom you have forced to surrender by torturing and killing their compatriots, but don't let anyone know. Except the survivors who have seen your broadcasted torture sessions and have spread the word to everyone else. It seems to imply some type of odd barrier to one group, but not the other.

Does that make sense?

Sounds to me, from the context you gave since I have not read it myself, like he's suggesting that you treat some survivors well, then release them back among the populace to spread word of their treatment, all the while broadcasting the tortured screams of those you don't treat well, with the contradiction providing extra room for the dread to build. But the purpose is simply to get whatever resistance is left to openly surrender. Once that's done, you just kill everyone to make a point.

I'm not sure about this barrier you speak of, though I can't speak for how well the point may have come across when reading the full story.

Honestly I thought of it more but its strange a loyalist is still trying to tout his terror tactics to the rest when thats probably is what caused the Night Lords to fall in the first place. wouldn't a loyalist like that want to distance and forget about that part? 

Though I gotta say my favored line, and line of thinking from this: “We are nothing, just shadows. We do not need credit or glory. We win. That is all.”

Edited by Tiger9gamer

Hello all - could I get a coin saying 'Voron' please?

I have RG 1st and I think 4th Company, all very much WIP. But here's the 1st Company Shadow Captain, name TBC!

IMG 2124   Copy

I can swap his backpack out for a jump pack, as will the other HQ elements. I'll try to make a page for them to call home.

Voron

some bloke at my gw is doing a character driven campaign, so I may join that to represent the 4th. 

also rented the book "Chapter's due" mainly for the RG captain, and I must say he's pretty trolly with the ultra marines, at least so far.

yea it's the final ultra book.

it's an okay read aside from all the usual ultra-marine superiority stuff. the Ravens are actually pretty freaking badass in it!  will read more soon, as today I was distracted.

Edited by Tiger9gamer

Hi everyone, I'm not a RG player -in fact, my primarch once kicked yours off of Lorgar- (oh :cuss this is NOT how I wanted to introduce myself ;) ) but I do have something to tell you guys which I hope you'll like.

I'm starting a new B&C event soon called Augustus' Arena: the B&C Inter-Frater Hobby Challenge, the purpose of which is to strengthen the bonds between B&C frater through friendly hobby challenges. The intent is that any frater can challenge another frater to make one legal unit within a time frame set my the challenged, while the challenger acts as a coach and motivator to the challenged, with feedback and encouragement on the updates of the challenged of his/her progress. If enough frater join in, this will create a dense interconnecting network of challenges that will yield a ton of fun, banter, and hopefully excellent miniatures. Of course there will be cool banners, medallions and awards in the end. 

if you Ravens like idea, please let me know and I´ll post an invite here :d 

As long as someone challenges me to finish my Knight...

But seriously, some of us are really slow and while motivation helps, it might suck to get challenged to do something I can't finish. Is there any shame in not accepting the challenge?

Exactly for this reason there will be no penalty whatsoever for declining a challenge. This'll be a purely voluntary thing. The challenged even sets his/her own deadline. But once accepted, we shall keep you to your oath :wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass