So the bad news is that the tournament was canceled, since not a lot of people showed up.instead, we played a 2v2 game of imperial Guard and my RG versus Necrons and Serpeant spam eldar. It came down to issodon holding one objective and having an entire army try to shoot him off his 2+ cover save ruin during the last turn of the game. Literally one 1 roll ended it! X-X It was fun but I still have to say serpeant spam sucks to play against.

Infiltrating centurions are still great though, as is storm talons! those buggers were lucky too!

Sorry to hear that mate, better luck next time ! :) Infiltrating Centurions do seem awesome to just scare the hell out of the opponent, haha ! Stormtalons are definitely great too, they're usually an annoyance for the enemy and they generally don't try to dedicate too much firepower against them !

thanks! it was a fun game despite wave serpeant spam ignoring everything! =D Also tried to use a Callidus assassin. works a lot better on paper than it did, as this is the second game in a row he died turn 2. back to the drawing board I guess X-X

When you mean spam, how many were there ? I haven't ever faced more than 3 and they were manageable with decent anti-tank, but more than 4 could be a real pain to deal with... What were inside the Serpents ?

it was three and one fire prism but it felt like 40 to be honest x-x 2 waves filled with wraithguard and 1 with avengers. Also wraith knights and war walkers and such. still not that fun to play against either, especially with your opponent rolling 3+ jink saves so nothing happened 

Edited by Tiger9gamer

Yeah, I get what you mean ! I never faced Wraithguards so I've got no practical way of dealing with them :p My opponent mainly had Avengers, Scorpions and Banshees in his transports, which are relatively easy to deal with.

The theoreticals I would have when facing Eldar is that they will try to trap a force by exploiting its weaknesses because they are so mobile and able to control the flow of the battle so well. In response, I would either recommend to castle up and have a solid, hard to pierce defense, or fake a weakness in the battleplan that they will try to exploit. But once again, that's only theoretical ! The local Eldar players are more of a friendly bunch and don't really spam awful lists :p

From practical experience, what you want to do against Eldar is go for the assault. Those wave serpents die easily to being kraked to death. You will want to be aggressive because they have the advantage in shooting and castling up will pit your shooting against their shooting. Castling also allows them to make full use of their mobility to control the map which is where they generally win.

So what you want to do is push aggressively in along a more central route, this way you force them into a corner because they want to keep their distance for more shooting. To break out, they either have to pound their way through or they have to move flat out. In both cases, it means you get that much closer to the assault.

You also want to makes sure you've got long range anti-tank weapons to force them to jink, this severely cuts down their firepower, protecting your inevitable advance and also pressuring the opponent from a psychological perspective.

Lastly, you'll want some backfield mobile units. As your main force advances and hems the Eldar into a corner, you want units that can take advantage of the map control you've gained by grabbing objectives. They should also be able to double as a reserve force in case the Eldar attempt an aggressive break out.

This works for mech Eldar armies, I would know because this is the kind of tactic which hurts my Eldar army most - limiting Eldar movement and keeping them on the defensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, wanna see my absolute favoritest Ravenguard? 

Here's my entry for the XIX March of Legions :D

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/661/rlGHPs.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/910/06jjkS.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/C8oEyx.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/904/BXHZSb.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/661/I6L3I7.jpg

Alastor Rushal
XIX VIII Legion,  Commander LXXXIX Company
The Tongueless, The Raven of the Eighth

@ Jeremy1391 - Thanks! I try.

@ Tiger9 - Traitors are the most fun. He's got a barb hook lash from the World Eater Rampagers with a little length of jewelry chain.

I know Rushal technically uses a meteor hammer, but the hook lash is close visually and seemed a little more 8th Legion-y ^_^

@flint I never played traitors so I wouldnt know =P

anyways a bit off topic but I gotta say if your looking for an awesome stealthy game shadow of mordor is awesome. Sneaking around and assassinating orc captains is probably the most fun I had in a stealth game. Highly recommend! =D