Conquest has shipped!

Marshal Rohr

I have to say...I'm not that thrilled by Conquest's emphasis on the Shattered Legion. I'm a bit sick of them by now

I feel you they don't truly hold an appeal at the moment, constantly being overwhelmed by traitors and having last stands etc etc due to rage vengeance a jihad etc etc.

I would like them to start to move past it

As a legion the ultramarines are going to be significantly better I reckon, the rite of war or some buff called theorectical/practical allowing a total redeploy if desired or something like that. Maybe that'll be robbys special thing. Sheer speculation obviously

I have to say...I'm not that thrilled by Conquest's emphasis on the Shattered Legion. I'm a bit sick of them by now

I feel you they don't truly hold an appeal at the moment, constantly being overwhelmed by traitors and having last stands etc etc due to rage vengeance a jihad etc etc.

Personally, I'm kinda surprised that with all the Iron Hands iconography finding its way onto their studio's Mechanicum / Knight minis, they didn't use the opportunity to have some Xth Legion involvement with Mezoa's defence - what with Ferrus having designed some of their infrastructure and all the survivors of Isstvan V flooding the region. Guess they might be saving that stuff for a later conflict - Tallarn maybe?

Also, any guesses about 'the dragon' apparently dug from under the sands of Isstvan, which muderized the Dark Mechanicum leader of the assault force on Mezoa? Probably some kind of Dreadnought, and being 'ashen-black', obvious candidates would be Raven Guard or Iron Hands - although the name and 'ashen' aspect might suggest Salamanders (although they kinda got their badass Dread on Dominica Minor).

I thought I heard that the Iron Hands were involved. Maybe not with Mezoa, but in the overall conflict.

Edit: Doesn't the Salamander chatacter-dread have dragon somewhere in the name, title or chassis?

Cassian Dracos perhaps? That guy could certainly rip the arms off of anything he wanted.

Of course, I was thinking that the thing being awoken under the sands had a necron appeal to it. Sounds all void-dragony doesn't it? And the way they throw that blurb in there when talking about resisting the traitors implied, at least to me, something much larger than a dread,

Well, next book is technically going to be Calth so...I guess they will?

Looking forward to how Forgeworld "Un-boring-ify" the 40k Ultramarines.

Make the Ultramarines "less boring"? Didn't lots of people love the Space Marine video game (where you play as a UM)?  How about the sales of Know No Fear (AKA, Guilliman's "finest hour")?  The way things look right now, FW's Tempest will pretty much be Know No Fear but in rulebook format.  Guess that's the reason why they held off on rules (and a model) for Guilliman, or legion rules for the UMs--they were waiting for Tempest.

Well I did love the Space Marine game because you played an Ultramarine that wasn't like how the rest of the Chapter was depicted.

If the character had been Leandros instead of Titus or Sidonis I would have burned the game with how boring it would have been.

And yeah, the HH interpretation is leagues better than their 40k Fluff and I have faith in FW doing them proper justice.

It's starting to feel a bit drawn out 

Instead of last stands, I believe successful guerilla engagements featuring the Shattered Legions would be more interesting. Currently, I'm not to eager to read about how the Traitors are continuing to smash these already shattered Legions. I get. They're in a bad spot. Tell me something I don't know

It's starting to feel a bit drawn out 

Instead of last stands, I believe successful guerilla engagements featuring the Shattered Legions would be more interesting. Currently, I'm not to eager to read about how the Traitors are continuing to smash these already shattered Legions. I get. They're in a bad spot. Tell me something I don't know

Have you read the section in Conquest where the post-Massacre Iron Hands (Clan Morragul) attack a Traitor planet, causes major damage & casualties, then takes a bunch of political prisoners before detonating high-radiation nukes in all the major cities?

I feel like it's not FW that has burnt people out on the shattered legions, it BL. To date FW have done 1.5 books featuring shattered legions, and .5 of that was the Raven Guard escaping Isstvan in their trilogy. The next two books will focus on Calth and other full legion actions, so I'm not worried. The real question is will FW do Blood Angels or Dark Angels in the next book.

It's black library constantly doing shattered legions and the same plot lines and holes want more books like tallaran

Yeah, Tallarn! I wanna kill me some Iron Warriors in a tank....with a tank devil.gif

I want cold calculating efficient slaughter on a global scale not rage and vendetta!!!!!

Well I did love the Space Marine game because you played an Ultramarine that wasn't like how the rest of the Chapter was depicted.

If the character had been Leandros instead of Titus or Sidonis I would have burned the game with how boring it would have been.

And yeah, the HH interpretation is leagues better than their 40k Fluff and I have faith in FW doing them proper justice.

Well, Space Marine was by Relic Entertainment and Know No Fear was by Dan Abnett (of the Black Library) so they've gone first in "un-borifying" the UMs so far.  I wouldn't be surprised if FW used some of Dan Abnett's writing for "emphasis quotes" in Tempest, such as Guilliman's "hell's toxic mouth" quip towards Lorgar (and by extension the rest of the Word Bearers).

Archived