Conquest has shipped!

Marshal Rohr

Just got my copy......

biggrin.png

That makes me happy, and angry. I'm still yet to get mine, but I'm still about 7 hours from getting home to find out if it arrived today. May have to make a quick phone call home during my lunch break....

IM STILL WAITING FOR MINE WHAT THE :cuss: !!!

http://thebalmofgilead.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/wpid-man-on-his-knees1.jpg

Sigh....maybe this is penance for something I have done before :p

Yeah. Likely for not that much cheaper, if any of their other spec. eds. are anything to go by. Maybe 5-10 pounds at most? 

If you're on a tight budget, yeah, no judgments from me (I'm now on a student budget :x) but if you can spare it the Special Comes with some nice things like the reference sheets which are mighty useful when playing with people who aren't familiar with the rules.

Oh, I figured there wouldn't be that much of a price difference.  Thing is, like others mentioned in this topic, it's the background and stories I'm interested in - not the rules.  As such, the reference sheets and the poster just aren't worth the extra price.

Man-Attic? Man-shed? Man-nondescript-room? man-partment? :p

I'm not saying I'm trying to help you justify the purchase of the limited ed.

but thats totally what I'm doing rolleyes.gif

*looks at the gorgeous poster on his man-cave wall*

Worth the price for me. :D

Framing mine this weekend :D

Now I'm happy god damn fluff is amazingly good

Just got my copy......

biggrin.png

That makes me happy, and angry. I'm still yet to get mine, but I'm still about 7 hours from getting home to find out if it arrived today. May have to make a quick phone call home during my lunch break....

What do you think I did

No I had a venomous creature handling course and I live 5 mins from my work so I went home to specifically see if it was there and I read it all over my break

Australia, ladies and gentlemen.

He's learning how to handle Australian babies safely.

In other news, I just phoned home, and apparently my copy is here! All my other plans for this weekend are now cancelled.

No I had a venomous creature handling course and I live 5 mins from my work so I went home to specifically see if it was there and I read it all over my break

Ehh I've done this course 5 times now every year we have to do it, even been bitten by a taipan it's all good nothing will kill you in this day and age

;)

Ehh I've done this course 5 times now every year we have to do it, even been bitten by a taipan it's all good nothing will kill you in this day and age

msn-wink.gif

Challenge accepted?

-----------

Regarding Solar Auxilia armies the troop choice is a SA Tercio isn't it? Does a tercio need a lasrifle section or was it any combo of troopers? The Storm Section look awesome so I might grab a couple and transports... With demolisher cannons... Come at me bro my metal boxes (bawkses!) throw S10 AP2 pie plates at you.

The Tercio consists of 1-3 sections, at least one of which must be a lasrifle section. I like the idea of a 2 las to 1 volkite section ratio. Each with a transport. Put a demolisher cannon on the volkite section transport.

Also, that knights list is great, but the fluff is truly beautiful. Reaving knights are fun!

Black library just sold out of horus heresy mugs my day is ruined and now I cant read book iv or paint my SA.

Who is in charge of their marketing and supplies

Everyone would want these items screw tge 40k market just keep releasing heresy items!

Rant over just very annoyed

Hah... so I purchased the Special Edition of Conquest just at the end of last week. Figured: "Ehh, more likely to get it before the holidays with shipping times and all that."

And here comes the regular edition. Just out of curiosity, would people say that the SE is worth it?

Hah... so I purchased the Special Edition of Conquest just at the end of last week. Figured: "Ehh, more likely to get it before the holidays with shipping times and all that."

And here comes the regular edition. Just out of curiosity, would people say that the SE is worth it?

I would. It's a 12 quid increase, and you get the leather slipcase, a large two sided poster (that isn't made out of cheap paper) and four reference cards with all of the things you need for Legions, Knights etc that are also not on cheap paper. For the price it's well worth it, FW tend to be pretty good with their special editions compared to mainstream GW

I got mine today. Was supposed to arrive 3 days ago but I was traveling for the holiday.

Starting work on the Solar Auxilia and Knight Battlescribe catalogues tonight. Wheeee!!

Also, yes I would say the LE is worth it. Very nice reference cards on excellent laminated paper, a super nice poster, and a slipcase to match the Istvaan Campaign collectors edition. For $20 well worth it.

Archived