Another little thing that I haven’t seen reported is that there will be two versions of the Khan one on foot and one mounted on a jet bike and Also Sanguinius will have two weapon options, a first for a Primarch sword or spear. Simon Egan said it will be a very dynamic model and referenced some classical artworks particularly Archangel slaying the devil.

• 1 month later...

I'm drooling.

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-BAPraetorPowerAr

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-BAPraetorTermina

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-BAContemptor-4la

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-BALeviathan-5mh-

Those are such beautiful models. If I didn't decide to have a Primaris-only army I would definitely get some of them. Maybe I'll get the Leviathan Dread for my Dread army tho. It's an awesome boxnaught++ after all.

I've already got 3 Leviathan dreads, but got to get this one as well. May have to off load one as does anyone really need 4? Something doesn't seem quite rite with the Contemptor dread though, have a feeling it's the static leg position. Will model mine to look like it's got more movement. Can't wait for all these to come out.

Levi looks really cool!

I'm not taken by those 'flowing' wings on the Contemptor's front though. I prefer more brutal/martial aspect. The claw fingers on the DCCW are a nice touch.

They're on the right leg of the Leviathan as well.

But yeah they look a little bit out of place compared to all the straight line wing designs.

I've noticed that, but positioning it on the leg makes it less of a focus point of the whole mini. Of course that's my personal taste.
Still I have to say that paint-job is fantastic. The decorative design on the DCCW... wow!

I've noticed that, but positioning it on the leg makes it less of a focus point of the whole mini. Of course that's my personal taste.

Still I have to say that paint-job is fantastic. The decorative design on the DCCW... wow!

It's a decal from the Forgeworld Blood Angels transfer sheet that's on the DCCW.

There’s a line in the Jaghatai Khan: Warhawk of Chogoris Primarchs novel about how the Khan meets with Sanguinius* on the Red Tear. Pretty much from the moment he is re-discovered Khan is aloof and considers most of his brothers to be vainglorious. But as his shuttle approaches the BA flagship, he is meditative taking in the closeup of the vessel.

“This is a warrior’s artistry. I can appreciate this.”

He admires how the BA take pride in their craft, putting effort and elegance into their tools of war without going overboard.

I like these models are showing that: lots of touches and fine details yet not ostentatious or vain.