I like the idea of shields reducing enemy to hit rolls by 1. Would represent the increased difficulty of hitting the person with one.

Something like -1 To Hit, -1S, -1D to attacker and -1A to bearer (to a min of 1) would be a cool reflection of the tradeoff between offense/defense when using a shield.

Unless you are wielding a two-handed weapon one-handed thanks to the shield there shouldn't really be a decrease in offense. That's gamer thinking. ^^

In fact it probably increases your offense because it lets you create openings more easily. ;)

Edited by sfPanzer

I'm not sure if i want them to have Storm Shields or Boarding Shields, 2+,3++ or 2+,4++ and Defensive Grenades. that 50-50 save chance or the no bonus attacks,  second thoughts the storm shield, defensive grenades are first turn and first unit charging only... also wow i suck at describing rules before my first coffee of the day

I want him so badly even though I don't care for 30k or Resin models lol

Looking forward to the limited version with the diorama base he's coming with.

Also as a sidenote I love how his hair looks more like raging flames than goldilocks the way its modeled. :D

In terms of the Sanguinius model, I'm still a bit shocked that it's actually happened. I've been waiting for this moment since I first got into the TableTop 5 years ago.

First, initial impression:

"Yup."

...as in, yes, that is Sanguinius as we've been waiting for him, doing something epic and a model that will grab your eye from across the room, let along on the table. Little kids will wonder into place space and immediately ask "who is that?"

Upon closer inspection, I have to be fair to my criteria laid out here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353139-rank-fws-primarch-models/?p=5234871

...in that I don't think I'm as big of a fan of the motion sculpts as I am of the epic static pose ones. For me (IMHO), I think it's easier to notice what feels off with them rather than what went right with them. And for Sanguinius it's the hair...just like with Corax. It instantly pulls my hair away and makes me realize I'm looking at a model.

That being said, I've changed my opinion on it about 8 times in the 10min since I've first seen it, so the verdict is out, but I have to trust my initial gut of "yes!"

As ADB says, sometimes you just gotta play the hits and Sanguinius' model, pose and all, is about as close to a classic hit as we get. Can't really go wrong with this.

Thanks to @Ranwulf for the comparison shots of the iconic nature of this pose.

My own thoughts have gone 360 about 24 times now since the first image came out this morning.

Overall, I'm landing on "good"/"positive" overall b/c I think at the end of the day, it will REALLY stand out on the tabletop and ANY model outside of a Titan that is put next to him is going to look like they're about to eat it....and the dice due love Rule of Cool. At the end of the day, that's a WIN for me.

Bear in mind that this is Sanguinius one of two

Is it? I read it as the second option is the same model with an alternate base, although if there is a second model I'll have to keep an eye out for that, there's something about the pose that just looks off - not sure quite what, but I think it's the wings - He definitely looks like he's diving, but I've never seen a bird dive with it's wings like that.

Bear in mind that this is Sanguinius one of two

Is it? I read it as the second option is the same model with an alternate base, although if there is a second model I'll have to keep an eye out for that, there's something about the pose that just looks off - not sure quite what, but I think it's the wings - He definitely looks like he's diving, but I've never seen a bird dive with it's wings like that.

His wings have opened to slow his descent as he goes for the attack!