Bear in mind that this is Sanguinius one of two

Is it? I read it as the second option is the same model with an alternate base, although if there is a second model I'll have to keep an eye out for that, there's something about the pose that just looks off - not sure quite what, but I think it's the wings - He definitely looks like he's diving, but I've never seen a bird dive with it's wings like that.
Could be - although if you imagine the wings gone there is still something awkward about the legs pose like he is dropping off something. In turn, that shouldn’t make your hair go vertical. Unless there is something about Mary in the wings (so many mixed metaphors).

While only a 3d print... I kind of prefer the Ghamak one through patreon. Standing pose seems much cleaner. It’s probably sacrelige but I may have to paint him bronze as a terrain statue - can’t see there being 40k rules and like the idea of him being on a plinth above the battle 10000 years after death.

Edited by Ekfud

Still undecided on whether I like the pose, something seems a little off about it but I'm hoping its one of those models I prefer the look of in the flesh.

Having said that it could be a mangled splodge with wings and I would still be buying this model. I imagine like many of you this is something that I have wished for so long (about 20 years in my case, which in itself is a bit of a sobering thought).

In short I am a very happy Son of Sanguinius!

While only a 3d print... I kind of prefer the Ghamak one through patreon. Standing pose seems much cleaner.

Do you have a picture or link of that one by chance?

I think someone linked it in one of the BA forums... but pic below again.

Erm... so technically not 'standing' now that I look at it... but more static pose vs the forgeworld one.

med_gallery_64798_14233_42729.jpg

While only a 3d print... I kind of prefer the Ghamak one through patreon. Standing pose seems much cleaner.

Do you have a picture or link of that one by chance?

I think someone linked it in one of the BA forums... but pic below again.

Erm... so technically not 'standing' now that I look at it... but more static pose vs the forgeworld one.

med_gallery_64798_14233_42729.jpg

No thanks

Don't like the face/hair combo they chose. Think he should have more fury in his face and his hair almost looks like it's on fire: it's flying about when his pose isn't showing any great speed.

My analogy is that he looks less like vengeance incarnate and more like someone coming in to break up a school yard debate. If they wanted to play on his angelic-ness, they should have gave him a more serene face (even if that would be boring and weird).

That said, I am glad he is done. Just in time for 30k to be retired, no less! :P

I can't help but feel extremely let down after seeing my long anticipated primarch and going "eh" (I'm looking at you too Black Library).  The pose is just... bad...  Maybe it's just not a good angle?  Despite the initial misgivings the armor is well done so there's nothing a knife, kit bash, green stuff, and a bit of red thirst can't fix.  With some extra effort maybe I can get the model I've always wanted (I remember the artist was on this forum, your Sangy feels right to me):

50777167_1073090439529971_66318390516305

Do you think they'll make 30k Sanguinary Guard eventually?  I'd love to give Sanguinius some Azkaellon and friends.

I love this model, it shows his angelic side. While I know the Blood Angels fought with strength and prowess I don’t think the fury kicked in until after he died.( obviously please point out if I’m wrong). Love the pose, love the hair.

Don't like the face/hair combo they chose. Think he should have more fury in his face and his hair almost looks like it's on fire: it's flying about when his pose isn't showing any great speed.

How so? He's basically in free fall and everything that could be affected by such is. The leather straps are flopping around and his hair is being pulled back while his wings are posed in a way they don't catch the wind which would slowdown his fall and lastly he's posed to carry the force of the fall into a killing blow with his sword.

It's not like I dont like the model, but its too 30k for me. Primarchs in 40k are bulkier than 30k (just compare the 2 Guiliman models). 30k models are fine art, 40k models are grimdark for me.

That's a interesting criticism, seeing as it's a 30k-only model.

Ye maybe that got out wrong. I dont like the 30k aesthetics in general. Sanguinius got a lovely model and in par with the other primarchs, its just that if he would get a 40k model, I'd rather it was on par with new Guilliman. Dunno if I can bring my point across :)

Ye maybe that got out wrong. I dont like the 30k aesthetics in general. Sanguinius got a lovely model and in par with the other primarchs, its just that if he would get a 40k model, I'd rather it was on par with new Guilliman. Dunno if I can bring my point across :smile.:

I getcha - if Sangy did get a 40k model, it would be done by Citadel Studio not FW studio, so would be in the same aesthetic as the current Primarchs - no problem with differing tastes, people like what they like!

Edited by Xenith

Other than that, The only thing I can say I dont like on daddy is the hair, I prefer him when he's depicted with straight hair not curles. The pose really doesnt bother me, since like others have said, its the classic archangel-Michael-smiting pose.

Edited by dread05

I'm going to shut up now until I actually have the model in hand/see it in person for better perspective...

...final thing I'll say before then is that I really do believe it is going to absolutely dominate the tabletop the moment you put it down. Any model next to it is going to look like it's about to get smote in the classical sense and for me, I don't know if we could really ask for more*.

*based on the understanding that each Primarch gets a single, defining model, as opposed to a series of "at rest, in battle, in command" versions.