Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 5 - January

Kor'Vesh

Great work guys - 64 models pledged worth a score of 104 in the first day. Impressive.

However, we have a VERY small team of traitors. Come on followers of Horus, show your mettle!

@Stru - yeah, I guess a fortification is fine. I'll give montrous infantry points for small stuff, vehicle for a building and LoW for a big old fortress.

@Lion - Building guys is fine, I'll just give one quarter of the points for the completed build though.

@Leoric - I'd love to see some imperial army on here, whether solar auxillia resin or not, so pledge away!

@Fire Golem - I think the pose is fantastic. It looks like he is bashing down a wall.

OH GOD IMPERIAL FISTS STUFF (see the relevant post here in the sub). This challenge may just turn into Imperial Fists And friends Vs very few Traitors.

I, Castiel of the Unbroken XVIII Legion Astartes, do solemnly pledge my forces to this call to arms.

I bring with me One Cataphrtactii Praetor and 5 Firedrake Terminators.

I also pledge 10 Tactical Marines as further support.

This is the month of Vulkan, brothers, and I shall do him honour.

AVE VULKAN! AVE IMPERATOR!

Now for my pledge...

I failed the Lord of Iron last month so I will need to improve this month! Coupled with the fact I have an army to paint for the Weekender in February I have a rather large pledge:

10 Close combat based Tactical marines

10 Cataphractii

Spartan assault tank

4 Rhinos

3 Predators

Sicaran Venator

Medusa

Iron Within! Iron Without!

Figured I would do up a test model last night, and i think he came out very well. All of his markings are done freehand because that is an area I would like to improve in. Any who the rest should look similar to this,

med_gallery_82040_10175_37229.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_3641.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_556.jpg

Now for my pledge...

I failed the Lord of Iron last month so I will need to improve this month! Coupled with the fact I have an army to paint for the Weekender in February I have a rather large pledge:

10 Close combat based Tactical marines

10 Cataphractii

Spartan assault tank

4 Rhinos

3 Predators

Sicaran Venator

Medusa

Iron Within! Iron Without!

http://codropspz.tympanus.netdna-cdn.com/codrops/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wat.jpg

DimDim he's awesome! I will admit I had to check what legion you're doing, I thought he was a Raven Guard.

yeah he has no legion marking due to the knobbly pad lol, but there is a tiny VII marking on his right pad.

Too late? The second is still early! Glad to have you with us.

Brother Vidius... That's 90 points worth of models. That's mad. I love it. I suddenly think we need more loyalists :D

Great destroyer DimDim, excellent battle damage and a really ragged look. Love the red arms on you iron hands Raktra, it's a great way to give you army a strong unique theme.

If my yellow arrives by the dickens ill try and match with you iron warrior! Painting is going surprisingly quick for me actually, 2 figs done in two days. If i get my yellow i will definitely pledge more and if not hopefully I can get some characters done that dont require yellow :P and thank you Kor'vesh that was the look I was going for, gone to hell and came back.

hey guys been away for a while :( but id like to rejoin if possible? :) so ill just leave this here for now lol

I Wyvern, having returned from the pit of the warp do solemnly pledge to build and yes paint (dun dun duuuhn) the broken, the twisted, the most morose of angels the 1 the only Night Haunter himself our Lord Konrad Curze!!! (switched legions..... AGAIN gotta project in the works to do a 30k version of all of first claw from the ADB books, eventually building to all named members of 10th company *kill me now right? lol")

Update time!

I've began work on my mammoth pledge this month as I really need to get these painted for the weekender.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps2a228b63.jpg

Tactical squad and Rhinos basecoated and black washed. Will start on the gold trim when they're dry and then they'll receive their second wash. Toying with hazard striped chainswords, thoughts?

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps83e21d2a.jpg

Next vehicles on the production line. Still to assemble 2 Predators and a Medusa that I have, as well as one side of the Spartan. Hoping to have that completed today or tomorrow. Finally, still waiting on my terminators and Venator arriving from Forge World.

I, Der H, being of relatively sound mind but suddenly aware of the painfully hectic nature of this January, do hereby pledge to complete a Rogue Trader Era landspeeder for my traitorous IIIrd Legion.

(Yea Wasnt really going to get much more than that done anyway!)

EDIT: God I can't spell for toffee - well spotted folks....

I, Der H, being of relatively sound mind but suddenly aware of the painfully hectic nature of this January, do hereby pledge to complete a Rouge Trader Era landspeeder for my traitorous IIIrd Legion.

(Yea Wasnt really going to get much more than that done anyway!)

Rouge :P

Archived