Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 5 - January

Kor'Vesh

Atia - Your drakes are looking very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the green highlighted so I can see how you green compares to my brighter on. Your fire is also the opposite to mine - a dark core with lighter tips. It looks very good though, very subltle transitions. Is it just done with a red glaze over yellow?

thanks, glad you like it tongue.png it's evil suns scarlet > wild rider red > yriel yellow > bloodletter > yriel yellow > dorn yellow

little update: the tabard has a slightly different shade of green then the armour in reality

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/firedrakesprogyuh2miazo3.jpg

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/firedraketabar2rympfe5li.jpg

I like it especially the olive over the traditional 40k style.

So I'm impatient waiting on bitz and orders so I got to kit bashing.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-01-11%2012.32.42_zpsawv0jqqs.jpg

I know it's not legal but I think it's perfect for zone mortalis and keeps with my theme.

Thoughts?

I'll be honest, I'm not massively pleased with how he's turned out, but here we go - Castrmen Orth's on-foot incarnation is all done, minus basing him up. Just Dorran left to go.

10431549_1556080891304440_73572384583106

Still waiting for my yellow paint and bases to arrive.  I've resorted to using my rapidly diminishing supply of lyanden darksun which is ear marked for my CSM.  At least I've got mos of the base colour on now, just need to clean him up.  Using a Crimson FIst shoulder pads, wouldn't buy them again really poor quality.

The yellow is a lot paler, than my camera and light make it look.  If paint hasn't arrived by Wednesday may have to take the drastic step of going to a shop to buy it, do they even exist. 

You know, penance is always an option. If you'd like to repent of your traitorous transgressions we'd be happy to accept your application. Note that not all requests are accepted and additional supplication is advisable especially in extreme cases of planetary genocide, use of viral weaponry, corruption/enslavement of the citizenry and/or consecration of Imperial territory to any of the ruinous powers or lessor malignant entities thereof.

The Sisters of Silence are waiting to take your call (Interstellar charges at the caller's expense). If you don't hear anyone answer that's to be expected. Just leave your confession after the beep.

And don't call the Iron Hands bitter just because you killed our primarch. I'm sure we'll get over it in 10K years or so.

This made my day!

Kurama, I think the plasma cannon terminator looks awesome - it's a bit of and ignominious death though, Being beaten to death by a plasma cannon.

Atia, your drakes look beautiful, and the blending on the fire is brilliant. I really like your green too, but I'm gonna stick up for my shining bright equivalent!

Raktra, I really like Orth. What aren't you happy with?

Well, the Iron Father is finished. I'm largely happy with it, but not completely. 

Apologies for the lack of a base in these photos, but I have a bit of a problem... I've recently been visited by Father Nurgle. He has gifted me with a rather lovely eye infection, which has resulted in my eyes weeping a disgusting coloured liquid, and constantly clouding over - as such, I've not had chance to take any photos of the Iron Father with the base. It seems that the Iron Hands are correct, the flesh is weak! 

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/Huberticus66/1557655_1047308108627952_2146356371078556687_n_zps0547320e.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/Huberticus66/1653405_1047308118627951_2885853138763989828_n_zps960e0a5f.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/Huberticus66/10430049_1047308088627954_2214258968933366263_n_zpsb07b20de.jpg

I'll be honest, while I'm not entirely happy with this, but I'm not sure if that's down to my painting, or my current lack of vision. Definitely think I over-did the weathering. 

I had intended to do a few more things this month, although I doubt I'll be able to now. 

Mainly the shin cog and face, the rest is alright when seen in person as opposed to my bad photos. Blame it on my hyper shakiness this past week, been taken off some of my old meds and the withdrawal is a bitch.

On a related note, I'm also of the opinion I cocked Dorran up so far as well:

10388658_10205802732967248_2114649893276

Excellent terminators Vidius. I think you are gonna win this almost single handedly for Horus! Quality paint job as well. I'd love to see some more hazard stripes on that last set of vehicles though ;)

I think his face is decent Raktra. I agree the freehand cog could use a bit more definition, but if you painted that WITH the shakes if damn impressed. You can always retouch it when you're a bit steadier. I love the massive blood splatter on Dorran's leading side, looks like he just bust through his enemy :)

Thanks guys!

@Kor'Vesh- I'll do some hazard stripes on the Venator and the Spartan. Really hate painting them though!

You could always do them lazy and cover the lazy with battle damage :p

Mainly the shin cog and face, the rest is alright when seen in person as opposed to my bad photos. Blame it on my hyper shakiness this past week, been taken off some of my old meds and the withdrawal is a bitch.

Someone took you off of pure unadulterated resin Raktra?!?!

That's...dangerous...

*twitch*

*sniff sniff*

Hey guys! Guess what I'm doing!

http://www.whyamilazy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Spongebob-Procrastination.png

What? 13 hour jetlagg is no joke peeps!

Hey slipstream how bouts you grab some caffeine sugar and some hardcore music and get to it

No excuses tongue.png

I mean, I am awake and procrastinating so I mean, I do have, like, free time... And I am currently watching a podcast/stream/whatever...

YOU KNOW WHAT I WI- *ThumP* zzzzzzzzzzz

:p

Ok, so I've made some progress after an hour of working on the Sally.

Decided to just do my gold : Blathazar Gold -> Drakenhoff Nightshade -> Auric Armor Highlight. Like how it turned out. I did decide to make the Power Mauls head Gold, will see how that turns out...

Green at this stage is just : Waagh Flesh -> Biel-Tan Green shade

Just started the Brown so not much on it.

image1 (2)

HAPPY NOW PEOPLE!?!?! YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED!

Excuses are met with extermination

Kurama, I think you have a future in motivational speaking!

I'll be happy when you've painted some FIRE on him slip :p good job so far though, I'm satisfied.

Archived