Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 6 - February

Kor'Vesh

Slipstreams, maybe it could be an army/honour badge earned by a particular unit in your force? Over time, the use of it became more widespread, and so was used for the Storm Wardens chapter badge when they were eventually founded? Think of the Executioner's badge; in the FW fluff, it was originally a veteran breacher/assault marking, but became synonymous with those who served under Seneschal Rann, who was the Executioner's founding chapter master. It doesn't even need to be silver & blue. It could be black & yellow (or any colour combo, for that matter) to start with, and was changed to those colours when the Wardens were founded.

x10 Medusan Immortals:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/30K%20Iron%20Hands/IMG_3086_zpss8gehjlg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/30K%20Iron%20Hands/IMG_3084_zpsfeown5g5.jpg

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Or close the wall up with our English dead.

Anyone up for a game of Zone Mortalis?  Cheers, -OMG

Slipstreams, maybe it could be an army/honour badge earned by a particular unit in your force? Over time, the use of it became more widespread, and so was used for the Storm Wardens chapter badge when they were eventually founded? Think of the Executioner's badge; in the FW fluff, it was originally a veteran breacher/assault marking, but became synonymous with those who served under Seneschal Rann, who was the Executioner's founding chapter master. It doesn't even need to be silver & blue. It could be black & yellow (or any colour combo, for that matter) to start with, and was changed to those colours when the Wardens were founded.

Very good suggestion; might use it for any rank and file; I do, however, want the HQ's/Elites to potentially be more overt :p

Oh Dimdim you marvellous guy you! That colour scheme looks awesome! Never seen a painted one! Now I must resist the urge to buy Polux and made him that way alongside my Breachers :D 

...pledge to paint 10 Medusan Immortals w/Volkite Chargers devil.gif in the month of February, reserving the right forthwith to expand upon said vow, real life permitting,

So... my small 10 pt contribution to the Loyalist cause is complete and as stated I now have a decision to make to further the cause. So please indulge me as I think through this.

• In prep for March I need to make a display base but I only have a vague idea of what to do. I know that's irrelevant to this thread but it is relevant to how I use my time.
  • One of the events is a Tactical Strike/Victory is Vengeance style game (Book 3, pgs 167 - 177). So I could use an Iron Father/Hero type model to use for that event. I have the model ready to go just might convert him a bit here & there.
  • I have x10 Gorgons cleaned & prepped but I'm waiting on additional arms/weapon options from FW.
  • I have a Spartan cleaned & prepped but I'm waiting on IH LR doors from FW.
  • I have x3 Tallax ready to go but no real plans for them ATM.
  • I have Ferrus Manus ready but no plans for him either - just looking forward to painting him.

Still lots of time left this month. I just need to decide... How are the Loyalists doing in this thread? Maybe completing a Primarch might give us a boost this month. :)

Cheers, -OMG

OMG- the immortals are fantastic! What color are the lenses in their shields?? All volkite!? That's gonna be a hard nut to krak;)

I'd love to see your gorgons and recognize that wait from across the pond- maybe make a move on the iron father:)

Robo- your IH look great- dude stuck his finger in the mud;)

Kurama- you're a machine man!! Loving the edge highlighting

Slipstreams- perhaps the blue/white could be a badge or heraldry on the termi 'shield' on a paldron

Myself - I missed the day yesterday to prime and it's in the teens again today. Hopin it warms soon and will prime my dudes so I can get cracking

OMG- the immortals are fantastic! What color are the lenses in their shields?? All volkite!? That's gonna be a hard nut to krak;)

I'd love to see your gorgons and recognize that wait from across the pond- maybe make a move on the iron father:)

Thank you sir. The lens surface is painted a bright silver and then overlaid with a green ink. In this case it's Deep Turquoise by Iron Wind Metals Co, LLC (which I'm not sure even exists any more). I then touch them up a bit with gloss varnish after I spray seal them. That's kinda my "quick and simple" way of doing lenses without attempting to blend each and every one.

And yes, all Volkites. devil.gif The unit is kitted out for Zone Mortalis games. I'm not a huge fan of Immortals in regular 30K games but they should work exceptionally well in ZM. I'll try to find some table time for them here soon.

Cheers, -OMG

More red-toting Iron Hands! Yusss. Join the collective.

hey raktra didnt you say you made objective markers? Me want see...

Ah no, not yet, I meant Tactical Objectives as in the ones from the D66 table in the BRB. Gonna make some physical markers now though, got some ideas!

Man, I feel like I'm struggling to keep up with the thread this month. There is some great progress, and I feel like the already high standards have gone up a notch!

OMG - love the immortals, and they'd be a pain the backside in zone mortalis. I'd love to see you paint up Ferrus Mannus - sounds like you are at a lose end, and he might help inspire you for making the board... Maybe... Somehow... Did I mention Primarch?

Robo - I really like your iron hand. Great work.

So I've got the basic colours on my apothecary and the rapier crew now, dunno if I'm gonna be able to get anymore done on them this weekend, but I might get a picture of my progress up soon!

http://i.imgur.com/9TY0Jy3.jpg?1

My command squad is coming along nicely and the apothecary is almost ready for painting as well, so I´m adding that to my pledge. Time to start painting then biggrin.png

Archived