Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 6 - February

Kor'Vesh

OMG - love the immortals, and they'd be a pain the backside in zone mortalis. I'd love to see you paint up Ferrus Mannus - sounds like you are at a lose end, and he might help inspire you for making the board... Maybe... Somehow... Did I mention Primarch?

The FORCE can have a strong influence on the weak minded... Huh? What? Paint a primarch? Why not? Glad I thought of it!

Actually last night I started tinkering around with the Iron Father model which I always wanted to convert a bit to serve as an Autek Mor stand-in. Since I do need heros for the Tactical Strike games it would make sense to include that model in the line-up. Of course, that's dependent on the up-coming FW order.

Did I also mention that I have a IH Contemptor cleaned & primed as well?

I should just obey the force and stop thinking about it... These are not the Taghmata Automata you're looking for... huh.png -OMG

@Kurama: great work on the tanks!

@jeremy1391: nice to see the usage of sponges =) they are awesome, aren't they?

i've done some Progress on the Pyroclasts, they are still WIP :<

gallery_79873_10422_52586.jpg

I still have one contemptor to finish off but I wanted to add my version of Autek Mor to my pledge.

gallery_80005_10378_19999.jpg

Using the hammer as the paragon blade. This guy stands a good head taller than the Iron Father model (closer to two heads) and the hammer doesn't seem big enough for him to be a normal thunder hammer. Feel like I should create a thread for my stuff at some point lol, but I'm no good at creating fluff like some people.

Twisty- your pyro command squad is rad! Have you found a use for the flamers yet??

Thanks, I haven´t used them yet but i´m planning on using them on a breacher or heavy support squad later. But I have a twenty man tactical and ten man heavy volkite squad to paint first, so it might be a while msn-wink.gif

MoM - That is a BEASTLY conversion. I really like the use of the centurion.

Twisty - Great work on your command squad, I was thinking of using some pyroclast bodies for command units, and you have convinced me it is a good idea!

Atia - What can I say. Stunning sallies.

Jeremy - Lovely conversion, great paint job, scary speed, excellent covert skills :)

Kurama - that really is great painting. They will look stunning when finished. A great way to start an army.

I've just spent half an hour trailing through everyone's work to update my spreadsheets! Excellent progress already, and we're not far behind last month for pledges already. I'll do the full team run down at some point this weekend, but its all looking impressive again!

So these guys were pretty fun to paint, I wanted to go for something different. They all have at least one piece of armor that has been scavenged from the traitors, I also went with a heavy weathering on these guys to show they've been through hell and survived Istvaan V.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/Mobile%20Uploads/6A24F358-47C1-48C1-B56A-F16255C5EE19_zpsy49xonbz.jpg

Also these guys are done btw.

Almost done the painting part of the pledge, and the 10 breachers are currently soaking in a bath of water and soap.

I tried to keep the general tone of the marines actually mute, so i never highlighted the metal, yellow, or grey past a certain point like I normally would. Maybe it will help them blend in better onto the city and ash waste boards which are prevalent at my club. Or maybe im just delusional as usual.

med_gallery_82040_10175_106529.jpg

The last guy is unpainted due to a random incursion by a Space Wolf!

Terrible jokes are terrible. Basically he just spent a good while at the vet and is attached to me, so basically wont leave my side. Painting will have to wait, as battle brothers come first!

med_gallery_82040_10175_7134.jpg

DimDim

As the grim dark world turns, I find that I have to change up my Adepticon Tourney list. I didn't catch that the organizers posted the rules and I was surprised to find that they restricted the standard AoD, FOC for the first time this year, i.e. they're not allowing any allies this time around. furious.gif For those interested: http://adepticon.org/wpfiles/2015/2015hh.pdf

So though not particularly exciting I can made a small addition to my vow at this stage:

I OwlandMoonGuy, being somewhere between "certifiable" and the potential need of institutionalization (and can we please just leave my body out of this? Thanks.),

pledge to paint 10 Medusan Immortals w/Volkite Chargers devil.gif,

1 Legion Apothecary and one Legion Centurion, i.e. Iron Father/Forge Lord,

in the month of February, reserving the right forthwith to expand upon said vow, real life permitting,

for the glory of the (Iron) Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I do still reserve the right to add to the vow so maybe the big man will get some paint before the month is over.

Cheers all, -OMG

January – Week one

Well February has certainly continued the momentum from Jan. I have pledges coming out of my ears, loads of participants, and loads more models in progress. Also plenty more new participants – welcome brothers and sisters! It’s a pleasure to have you along!

Anyway, let’s have a look at the teams:

The Traitors - followers of Horus - the heretics, followers of the warp (8 members)

Der_H The IIIrd Legion Astartes, Emperor’s Children: 5 palatine blades (do these guys have jump packs?)

Wyvern – The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: Praetor and a marine

Skalpynock – The XIth Legion Astartes – 1 legionary

Khârn the Bloody – The XIIth Legion Astartes, World Eaters: 15 marines and 5 Red Butchers

Leonite – The XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard: 2 Apothecaries

Larkyn – The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: 5 Heavy Flamer marines

The Hydra – The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: 4 Gal Vorbak, a Contemptor and a Praetor

KJB – TBC, but a traitor for now because we are short: Legion Champion

The Loyalists - beloved of the Emperor - the loyal sons (21 members)

StruManChu – The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Apothecary, 5 tactical marines and a Spartan

Castiel – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 5 Firedrakes and 9 tactical marines

Kor’Vesh – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: Grav Rapier crew, an apothecary and a Sicaran Batlle Tank

Barabbas Sogolon – XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard (loyalists): Contemptor

Reyner – The IVth Legion Astartes, Loyalist Iron Warriors: 1 Sicaran (Ghost of Iron) and a 5 man terminator squad

KuramaThe XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines: 5 recon marines, sicaran and falchion

LionOfJudah – The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists – Iron Fists: 13 marines and 8 addittional bolters

Jeremy1391 – The XIXth Legion Astartes, Raven Guard: Darkwing Storm Eagle

AND 5 destroyer Marines

Ironwrought Huw The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Sicaran

Atia – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: Five pyroclasts and one Praetor

Mind of MetalThe Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: One Knight, two contemptors and Autrek Morr

LeoricThe Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 5 Tactical Marines

Dim Dim ­– The VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: BUILD Five Heavy bolter marines and 10 Breachers, PAINT 5 Recon Marines

Owl and Moon Guy – The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 10 Volkite Immortals

AND - 1 Apothecary and 1 Iron Father

Salamander Bob - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 1 Legionary and one Rhino

Frostmourne - The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines: 10 Tactical Marines, Rhino, 2 command and a Deredo

Brother Dallo - The IVth Legion Astartes, Loyalist Iron Warriors: Sergeant

Sanguinata The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines and The XIIth Legion Astartes, Warhounds: Predator Infrenus, Preator and standard

Robocaster - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 10 support marines and a sicaran

Twisty - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 3 chosen and a standard bearer

Skalpynock – The IInd Legion Astartes: 1 legionary

The double agents – probably Alpharius-Omegron… (3 members)

RaktraThe XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: Kor Phaeron

AND The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Scorpius, Rhino and Castramen orth

Zedmeister The Vth Legion Astartes, White Scars: 5 Marines

AND The XXth Legion Astartes. Alpha Legion: 10 Marines and five guns

Slipstreams – The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: Chaplain Dreadnought

AND – The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: Spartan, Phobos, Achilles

So a lot of pledges and participants this months, with an unhealthy loyalist bias. In total we have 198 models pledged to be painted, worth 342 points (only marginally less than the start of January, which is very impressive in itself, especially without the monster pledges of Brother Vidius and Daemon 2027). Hopefully we can beat January’s success rates!

Pledged Score

Traitors 75 points (across 55 models) Vs 267 points of Loyalists (across 143 models)

Yes… a bit of a skew there… we might have to look at percentage completed scores this month just to keep it interesting. Feel free to pledge more though my traitorous friends!

Current scores

Lots of progress on all of these pledges already, but only a couple of pledge completions.

Pledges – Traitors 0 – 0* Loyalists

*With two additional pledge completed and risked.

OMG has completed his Medusan Immortals already, and has just decided what to paint next. In typical Jeremy1391 style, he pledged a Darkwing Strom Eagle and painted it within a day. He has moved onto a second vow now though, so the pledge is at risk right now.

Score – Traitors 0 – 40 Loyalists

Yep – 40-0 for the loyalists. Aside from OMG and Jeremy1391, we’ve seen the first completion of February from Raktra with an Iron hands rhino (complete with red arm), Mind of Metal completing a Knight and Cotemptor with speed and style, and DimDim and Robocaster completing a legionary each. DimDim with an awesome pre-Dorn Fists scheme on his first Recon marine, and Robcaster with a stylish red armed Iron Hand (much to Raktra’s delight). Plenty of progress elsewhere guys, but completion-wise, it’s all gong the Emperor’s way in February.

Hopefully there is a lot more progress to come! Good luck guys!

Kor’Vesh

(I hope a new painter would be allowed to join this late)

I, Nevindar of the Iron Tenth, of debatable stable mind and in the know of the weakness of flesh here pledge

One Iron Father

One Moritat

5 Immortals

Oh dear...

Archived