Dantioch

Lovely tank - PITA to put together. I hope your tracks fit better than mine. It'll look great in blue though sir. Fantastic work on your marines as ever!

Thanks man, I hadn't even thought of the tracks.....future me can worry about that haha laugh.png

There's one slight problem with it though, does anyone know if this will be a problem? Its been cleaned and its not greasy at all. I have been considering adding a varnish over these areas just in case before I prime it.

Just quickly say - I general spray varnish & suggest that people spray varnish onto resin models before apply undercoat. It help key in the paint & stop it flacking off & then varnish the model once it all fully painted.

You may want to email Forge World shown them the photo & just ask them if it would cause any problems?

The Ultramarines are looking cool, really like the new Siege Dreadnought & something I've been thinking about adding to my Chaos era IW's. Will you be going forward with the Son's of Horus? Will you return to the IV Legion msn-wink.gifbiggrin.png

Thanks dude! Yeah I'll give it a varnish spray before I prime and I'll give FW a email just to be sure. You definitely need to get a leviathan for your Iron Warriors it'll look so great in your style and there's plenty of space to put some grisly trophies on it!biggrin.png

I think I'll get around to doing a small IW attachment once I'm happy with my Ultra's, if they release any IW characters I'll definitely snatch them up. If I do go back to my Iron Warriors I'll probably try a different scheme with them, my last scheme was pretty annoying when trying to make them look consistent.

Thanks dudes! Not been able to get much done due to the weather stopping me from priming the remaining marines unfortunately, I also got a delivery from FW containing some Rapier guns and some other bits to bulk up the crews of said rapiers so I'm looking forward to getting around to them.biggrin.png

Amazing looking army mate! What's the recipe for your bases they look great?

Thanks man! The bases are primed black, based with Dryad Bark, drybrushed with Gorthor Brown, wash that Agrax Earthshade then drybrushed again with Karak Stone biggrin.png

All looks good mate :-)

You do the boys in blue proud!

Bit late, but yer....make sure you lay down some satin varnish / purity seal on that moster before undercoating... ;-)

Keep it up mate

Thanks mortis! Yeah not touched the Proteus since then due to a disastrous gap filling attempt thanks to the miliput not curing properly so I'll tackle it again some time in the future laugh.png

Soz to hear about the gap filling drama....a tip i learnt from fellow b&c member daemonclaw...mix greenstuff and milliput together...apperently it has the flexibility of green stuff but hardness and sanding goodness of milliput..

Hope all goes well with it...im sticking clear of the big kits for awhile due to resin rage lol

Thanks dudes! Not been able to get much done due to the weather stopping me from priming the remaining marines unfortunately, I also got a delivery from FW containing some Rapier guns and some other bits to bulk up the crews of said rapiers so I'm looking forward to getting around to them.biggrin.png

Have you been hit by the snow over the past few days? I'm really wanting to try get a lot of my models, new & rebase 32mm all varnish but I don't want to risk it. It meant to be alright by the end of the week. But still, it holding back lot of things/finish models.

I'm looking forward seen the Rapier gun unit.

There's one slight problem with it though, does anyone know if this will be a problem? Its been cleaned and its not greasy at all. I have been considering adding a varnish over these areas just in case before I prime it.

Just quickly say - I general spray varnish & suggest that people spray varnish onto resin models before apply undercoat. It help key in the paint & stop it flacking off & then varnish the model once it all fully painted.

You may want to email Forge World shown them the photo & just ask them if it would cause any problems?

The Ultramarines are looking cool, really like the new Siege Dreadnought & something I've been thinking about adding to my Chaos era IW's. Will you be going forward with the Son's of Horus? Will you return to the IV Legion msn-wink.gifbiggrin.png

Thanks dude! Yeah I'll give it a varnish spray before I prime and I'll give FW a email just to be sure. You definitely need to get a leviathan for your Iron Warriors it'll look so great in your style and there's plenty of space to put some grisly trophies on it!biggrin.png

I think I'll get around to doing a small IW attachment once I'm happy with my Ultra's, if they release any IW characters I'll definitely snatch them up. If I do go back to my Iron Warriors I'll probably try a different scheme with them, my last scheme was pretty annoying when trying to make them look consistent.

Would be great & be a good way to theme the IV Legion around Warsmith Dantioch with your Ultramarine force.

How do you find building the Leviathan kit? It is somthing I though about adding & see the model during the 40k open day event that Warhammer World.

Hey guys, just finished up the latest additions to the tactical squad. Tried a new recipe with the gold on the marine on the right:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_2922_zpsiyh47a3u.jpg

Is that one of the new Blood Angels helmet/upgrade you've use on the model? Like wise have you taken a army photo of your Ultramarines as they current are?

@Insane Psychopath- Yeah the snow still hasn't cleared up here either. I'm same as you ready to prime everything but its probably not worth the risk. I found the Leviathan pretty easy to build, no harder than a contemptor man.

Yeah its the BA upgrade kit I bought it just to add some variety to the squad and I'm waiting to get this squad done before I take an army shot haha biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know I said I would do an army shot once I finished the first Tactical Squad but I won't be able to get the last two marines primed due to the weather so I went ahead and took some photos of my "army",still a few things to touch up here and there but I'm getting there haha. I'm going to try and put together a list of what I've still to paint and what I'm planning to add biggrin.png

Once again excuse my terrible Photography:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3056_zps4t0la28w.jpg

And my last completed marines:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3059_zpsrl1qymup.jpg

And a bonus Iron Warrior shot:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3064_zpswoasmvj7.jpg

Hey guys! Thanks for all the comments and likes its very much appreciated biggrin.png With the HH weekender so very close I'm hoping we see some awesome stuff and hopefully some Ultramarines goodies. Up next for my army I'm aiming to complete a 3 platform Rapier battery so I've built some rapier crewmen that I'll try and post here over the weekend. I've also put a FW order for a character series mini that isn't Guilliman that I'll convert into my own character. What do you guys suggest would be a unique helmet for my character?

And finally my first fully complete tactical squad laugh.png C&C as always is welcome:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3106_zps3rr0jpt0.jpg

Ah, two of my favorite legions. Lovely!

Thanks dude!

Loving the Ultramarines, this thread is always pleasing to the eye!

Cheers Jud biggrin.png

who do you love more , your iron warriors or yer Ultradudes

Has to be my Ultramarines but I'll always love the mighty IVth!

Army shots are where its at!

And yours definitely impresses!

Great work on both armies... anychance of the IVth getting more love?

Keep it up mate!

Thanks mortis! Eventually I'll do some IW stuff again, maybe when FW bring out some new minis for them but hopefully I'll do them a bit more justice this time by changing up the my paint scheme for them. It was becoming a bit of a pain to keep them consistent.

Always good to see your Ultras, pretty inspiring for other ultra players too I think. Awesome to see them as an army, can't wait for more.

Thanks man, that means a lot! biggrin.png

Really nice looking Iron Warriors you capture the utilitarian grittiness of them well. I guess your ultramorons are ok too. :P

I know what you mean about consistency over time, My Night Lords have about 4 different versions in the army as I get tired of painting blue and go do something else for a few months and forget how I did it when I come back. My own IW army is mostly washes so it isn't as hard to remember when I take breaks from painting lead belcher.

Thanks everybody! I'm all out of likes but I'm always grateful to everyone that takes the time to check out my work. I've kind of changed my plan on what to do next after the glorious mini's FW showed this weekend. So up first I'll be kit bashing a Preator model, still to decide who he'll be, then after seeing the paint scheme FW used on their Domitar I'll try out my own variation of this scheme with a little Ultramar touch on my knight that's lay neglected for too long.

And my first character model that I'll be using for my Praetor:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3140_zpsuyotm8w2.jpg

Really nice looking Iron Warriors you capture the utilitarian grittiness of them well. I guess your ultramorons are ok too. tongue.png

I know what you mean about consistency over time, My Night Lords have about 4 different versions in the army as I get tired of painting blue and go do something else for a few months and forget how I did it when I come back. My own IW army is mostly washes so it isn't as hard to remember when I take breaks from painting lead belcher.

Thanks dude haha laugh.png

Awesome looking tac squad. You do the XIII proud brother

Thanks Remus! Kind of gutted that FW didn't show a Ventanus model at the weekender, looks like we won't see him for a while now.

Awesome looking squad, keeping them as a normal 10man? or might you add some replaceable special weapons for a veteran squad?

Thanks man, I'll be keeping them 10 man for now as I'll probably be adding another squad soon and I've got some plans for a veteran squad later on down the line biggrin.png

Archived