Dantioch

Thanks a lot everybody once again biggrin.png Up next is a tactical support squad with even more volkite. I would also be up for posting a few step by step images for the next marine I paint if you's would be interested?

A few people asked for the blue recipe so here it is, thought it would be a bit easier to post at the top. Pretty simple with just one shade of blue laugh.png :

-Prime with Chaos Black Spray

-Spray with Macragge Blue

-Wash Nuln Oil directly into the recesses

-Sponge Ironbreaker on edges of the armour and random spots sporadically

-Wash the Ironbreaker with Agrax Earthshade

I added the weathering stages because I think this brings out the blue a bit better.

Oh that looks epic. The death guard contemptor is chuffing great in nearly every other colour scheme, the blue is very nice to is the recipe for it posted here somewhere?

Thanks dude, the DG contemptor is my favourite dread looks awesome in any Legion colour. Hopefully we'll see the UM unique dread soon.

I would follow you to the very edge of mordor...my captain..my king!

But honestly, that is the nicest dread I have ever laid eyes on. I cannot praise this enough

Thanks a lot Remus! Your compliments are always appreciated, brother biggrin.png

Oh my...... amazing stuff Dantioch... just. .. wow.... an amazing model and the paint job is sublime, topped off with a large helping of Choom
Just wondering if you freehand all your logos and such forth or are the decals?

Cheers Vulkan biggrin.png The logos are all from the UM decal sheet from forgeworld.

You nailed that contemptor dude, has a recipe for the blue been posted yet?

Thanks man, I added the recipe at the top biggrin.png

Thanks again everybody, I'm always honoured and appreciative for all your likes and commentsbiggrin.png

Here's a quick WIP of the first Legionary from my support squad, should finish him off tomorrow:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3425_zps2tgs5oc8.jpg

My copy of Retribution also arrived today so I'm looking forward to reading through it tonight but the idea of Black shields has got me a bit inspired....

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3426_zpsazvogxgk.jpg

Still in progress but this will be the beginning of a small force to give me a break between Ultramarine squads.

I really miss your Iron Warriors sad.png

Miss them no longer msn-wink.gif

The return of the 4th? Oh my god yes! Love the fluff about Narik Dreygur in book 6 and his boys too. I need to find a mini for him ... I am in Nottingham on Sunday does anyone know if he's still on sale at all?

You have an absolutely stunning army, man. Great blue tone, not cartoonish, very gritty and realistic, great weathering and battle damage, and great modelling.

I'm glad someone finally stepped up to convert Garro into an Ultramarines Praetor at last. I had the idea just after finishing my own Praetor model, and if I hadn't already done mine I'd have gone down the Garro route. Very keen to see how he turns out.

Ah yes Volkite support squads. Have one myself in the making after my friend ordered too much choom. (I know right, how is that possible?) Are you doing mini squad or a full 10 man? Interested in seeing that blackshield project too. Book 6 does seem to have made lots of opportunities for heresy players to try painting different legions with smaller numbers.

Thanks everybody, got some time to work on my Iron Warrior today so hopefully I'll post an update tonight. I've also gave some thought on where I want my IW force to go I'm thinking of a small Tallarn bunker clearing force with some about 10 men for the time being and one or two automata. I'll probably add an Iron Warrior every time I get bored of painting blue so it'll most likely be a slow moving project.

The return of the 4th? Oh my god yes! Love the fluff about Narik Dreygur in book 6 and his boys too. I need to find a mini for him ... I am in Nottingham on Sunday does anyone know if he's still on sale at all?

Yeah dude, absolutely loving the fluff in Retribution so far. Did you get Narik?

You have an absolutely stunning army, man. Great blue tone, not cartoonish, very gritty and realistic, great weathering and battle damage, and great modelling.

I'm glad someone finally stepped up to convert Garro into an Ultramarines Praetor at last. I had the idea just after finishing my own Praetor model, and if I hadn't already done mine I'd have gone down the Garro route. Very keen to see how he turns out.

Thanks a lot man! Your own Ultramarines are looking great, they're always inspiring to look at.

I've seen a few converted Garro's over on FB that inspired me to try my own. Unfortunately I didn't get the best sculpt for him and its going to take some work to fix up some of the issues so I'm hoping some time in the future I can spend a day getting him ready to paint.

Ah yes Volkite support squads. Have one myself in the making after my friend ordered too much choom. (I know right, how is that possible?) Are you doing mini squad or a full 10 man? Interested in seeing that blackshield project too. Book 6 does seem to have made lots of opportunities for heresy players to try painting different legions with smaller numbers.

Can never have enough choom msn-wink.gif I'm going for a six man squad for the moment I'll probably push it up to a 10 man squad later on.

Hey guys, here's where I'm at with the Iron Warrior, still to decide what weapon to give him and he's glued to a temporary base for now until I decide how to base them. Not the best pictures so I'll try and retake them in the daylight:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3461_zpssryl7ycz.jpg

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3463_zpshmwkhbhj.jpg

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IMG_3465_zpsqbkjntcc.jpg

Really enjoyed painting him up so I'll definitely be taking this force forward. biggrin.png

They no longer stock Narik sad.png but I found one reasonably cheap on eBay.

I think I might try and find one too. It's a bit weird that they haven't just put him up for sale for everyone, Dreygur and Skorr could have easily passed for character series models.

Archived