Dantay's VI Legion. Hvarls Headtakers

Dantay VI

Now just waiting for the:

I hear you like trucking while you are boating, So I put a tuck on your boat so you can truck while you boat... Meme

Or somesuch :D

Good news the superglue has arrived.

And we have mini-trucks on our rig :)

do you go ghost ride the company trucks on the rig ?  Cause that sounds like it would be a lot of fun 

Also youve probably done more research than most of us   as far as norse military is concerned 

What sort of units do you reckon we will get? 

Edited by Bladewolf

Wolfpack, glad you like the sea-green. It is 4 parts Hawk turquoise to 1 part dark angels green, I added mor hawk turquoise to te mix, then fr final highlights, some fenrisian grey.

Very simple and a good use of old GW paints :smile.:

Bladewolf:

I haven't really studied Norse military, I just like reading books and adventures.

Like any legion, the Wolves will be good at a bit of everything but with their own unique flavour on things

There is a tactica thread, and the first post lists what FW expect the Space Wolves to run.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/316804-30k-space-wolves-tactics/

I expect plenty of fast moving units, if they deprive me of things like the glaive and fellblade, I'll not be a happy lupine.

Wulfen will be in for sure.

And what pray tell is Ghost riding??

Our mini trucks are of the pallet lifting variety, with the 2 forks. In the areas we can use them they make good scooters, however outside the decking is mainly kennedy grating.

Janice4

Janice Platform jpeg

janice1

She is 50 by 70 metres and the orange band is level 1, where I am currently sitting, in the offive painting and typing. Galley gym, rec room and bedrooms are down here too.
She used to be a floating hotel, but they levelled the deck and put all the machinery up there. Which is why it is so noisy. We literally can tell which compressors etc are running, if they have tripped etc, just by the sounds.
She has 1 anchor in each corner holding her in place and about 15-20 metres down are te pontoons, which are effectively the hulls, stopping us from sinking :smile.:

As this is a WIP thread, I had better put a WIP in eh?

Base is 95% done. Keeping it quite muted with the base so Horus can really shine, owever I think I may have gone a bit far with the stone colour. My fault for watching 300 I guess.

Not sure if I should give the stone a satin finish or leave it matte

Thoughts?

Oh and a tune I have been rocking out to while painting :)

Edited by dantay_xv

oh so fork lifts !  those are actually a lot of fun 

I have driven them before in  auto parts yard and warehouses 

ghostriding 
The act of putting ones ride in neutral, opening all doors, placing the volume dial on 10, and simply rollin.

Also I want you to imagine a floating hive with 8 of those rigs  supersize imperial versions  so like.. a floating state  ringed by these enourmous rigs  thats the setting for the background for that squad  I  am still working through my drafts tho 

Edited by Bladewolf

Ah, so not like the guys used to do on night shift at my former employers then?

It was a big factory ad they said some parts of it were haunted. The fact it was half empty and deserted added to the creepiness of the place.

Anyways the nightshift guys would play pranks on each other. One night the security guard was doing his rounds around midnight.

One of the engineers thought it would be funny to hide in the back of the transit van and left the hatch open.

As the guard was driving away, the engineer started making ghost noises and put his hands trough the hatch.... The security guard freaked out and jumped out of the moving van, which rolled on for a good distance driverless before bumping to a stop!! Now that is ghost riding ;)

Looking forward to seeing the drafts you come up with 

Pics to follow hopefully.

Glad you like Horus, R2 He is oming along okay, but not having my proper glasses is screwing with my vision with regards to the fine detail of which there is a lot.

To th epoint I am starting to hat this model and considering shelving it.

It is nothelped that the lighting is poor in the office either.

For the life of me, I keep screwing the face up.

Kurama, i is not as bad as all that :) Rig-life is pretty okay, apart from missing folks. It is a small rig, so the guys you work with become almost like family. 3 square 3 course meals per day, laundry done for you, room tidied every day... Fish&chip Fridays, Steak Saturday and Sunday roast dinners... Bacon rolls for morning break, cakes for afternoon tea. We are well looked after. The only thing lacking is the alcohol and the closest we get to that is shandy or Becks Blue.

Oh and 3 weeks off after every trip...

The other side of it is that I can get 4-6 hours per day to sit and do as I wish (mostly models), th downside is putties knives and glues are not allowed to travel, so as much prep has to be done as possible before leaving.

Talking of Horus:

Updates. Face more or less done, arm drybrushed and attached, so I can see (ha!) where to highlight. Golds silver and steel had a wash and th solver layered with Iron breaker.

Should I do the thigh plates black and then do gold studs like the shoulders?

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160403_085612.jpg

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160403_085625.jpg

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160403_085638.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Thanks Kurama, I know what you are saying. Working away can be hard on family life at times. I have a wife and a 6 year old son.

It works though, but it has to be a strong relationship. If you are the insecure, jealous type, the time away screws with your mind. Luckily I know I can trust the missus 100% and I am neither jealous or insecure.

I am away just long enough that she misses me, and home just long enough that she doesn't want to kill me hahaha, plus the wee man has a routine, daddy is gone for X and home for Y, plus the home time can be dedicated to the family.

As for my Horus outshining yours... Nah. Mine is just different :)

Whoever saw a green Horus before :D

I am using the description from his meeting on Davin for my inspiration, where he is described as wearing the green armour of the SoH and a purple cloak.

Yeah I feel you buddy my misses is the same we've been apart for 3 months now but I try see her every fortnight, got to love how much they want you home and how quickly it turns to nearly throttling you before you leave.

I'll leave some inspiration for you

Kurama, that is one cracking Warmaster, ain't gonna lie, I reckon they shine together Sterling work man. :)

Cheers Charlo. The green is dead easy, 1 part DArk Angels Green to 3 parts Hawk Turquoise. Add more turquoise and a dab of fenrisian grey to highlight.

Thank you Jud.

Yes it is nice to try something different. I almost never paint green or purple, so it was a good stretch. Have to admit, somedays I hated this model, but almost there now!! :)

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160404_230302.jpg

Need to rework the claw to get a better gradient between the iron breaker and mithril silver. Fingers were warped to hell, so did my best to straighten them but hey-ho. I did at one point consider cutting the tips down. Or cutting off each finger straighten it and glue it back on. Hmmm might still do that

Golds and silver/platinum looking good though :)

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160404_230322.jpg

Tried to over lay platinum on to the gold detailing on the legs..Overall successful but needs touching up :)

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160404_230341.jpg

What colour to do the dangly bits (pteruges?) I had considered a light brown, but worried it will merge wit the stone. Black will disappear. Need a colour which will compliment but not clash or vanish... Kinda hard as there is already a lot going on. What colour do you reckon I should go for? Or just leave his dangly bits off?

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160404_230247.jpg

Considering a mid-light grey for the pelt to offset the darker colours... Your thoughts??

Thanks for looking :)

Ion, that is a great suggestion.

I did a trial run with the dangly bits between his legs to see how it would go.

It looks a bit rough, but that is just because I have blu-tacked it in place and need to touch up the golds.

How does it look?

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160406_1223251.jpg

I like it, it makes a nice spot colour on him that breaks up the greens and golds of the legs. It certainly doesn't get lost amongst the rest of the miniature, but it doesn't clash with the colour palette.

I say go for it {o.<}b

Edited by Ion

"A good general doesn't get himself soiled with the grime of his enemies but stands above his warriors to point the way to glory" - The Book of Lorgar

:biggrin.:

Cheers Rayray. He is looking a bit unweathered for standing on ruins isn't he. I hate weathering models as I am just plain crap at it. In a way aI am kind of chuffed but disappointed with the golds. I did the golds a bit sloppily, especially the knees, belt and jewls, and it was like, wow the blend from Balthasar Gold up to almost mithril looks really cool, but then when you block the colours back in it's like Awww, all that nice colour and work covered up, and the transition is much less obvious.

Jarl, I am keeping the red leather a bi dark because I still need to do the eye gemstones, which will be really bright. I do not want the 2 reds to clash, besides bright red bits will make him look more like a heretical Dark Angel :wink:

And as for bling=bling, I haven't finished the golds at the bottom yet :smile.:

Ion: It was a good call, thanks for suggesting the red, I have already started the arm dangly bits :smile.:

Edited by dantay_xv

Are you just working on Horus or are you thinking about expanding a bit into some more sons of horus stuff?  Might not be an awful idea even if its just like..some termis to run a tiny primarchs chosen detachment with em , Id like to see more of your sea green cause it looks really spiffy.