Dantay's VI Legion. Hvarls Headtakers

Dantay VI

The idea with the red is to do the top section red and then put this dragon design to cover the side and top, with the dragon head at the door hatch

viking dragon 2010 By vikingtattoo

I had considered this design too, and re-angle the head forwards, as I liked the idea of the fine lines, where I could add runes in each segment.

viking dragon 3 By vikingtattoo

However I may save it for the Storm Eagles wings.

Incidentally the almost constructed Storm Eagle will be named Nidhoggr (eater of the Dead)

To keep an element of the cream in there and to tie it in with the Spartan, I am going to do cream/white horizontal stripes, the same as the Spartan, and do a red wolf head design there.

So nobody thinks the brown for the longboat is a good idea? I thought it was a bit off the wall :D

Was going to run this design through the brown

viking shield boss dragon 2

To simulate what has been seen on some long boats

011214 Dragon head viking longship shutterstock 194103629

dddefa6621636157d09bb6234798763c

viking 1584238i

Not sure if these really show what I mean.

This idea might look better on a stormwolf/fang with the single hull, I could conceivably fit a prow piece on it too

viking figureheads

But that would be for 40K unless FW come up with something unique for the Wolves, which I doubt with their schedule.

I also think the Red is nicer, but probably not such a large chunk, as it might end up looking like a red caestus rather then a grey caestus with red details.

In fairness, the brown could also work, but you'd probably need either a darker brown or to paint kind of wood details.

I can see what you are saying Lord Thorn.

It is why I would limit the red to this one area. In the IA books, they use this section for the wolves Caestus to mark it with pack designs of yellow & black

The brown would be very dark, like dryad bark or scorched brown, I was contemplating using a lighter brown or gold for the dragon design

Edited by dantay_xv

Okay, so been having a bit of fun noodling around in my free time.

As I have 3 weeks of ETL inactivity, I am looking at ideas for my vehicles, where I can mock up designs.

I will then slide them in a plastic pocket, overlaid with masking tape where I can then sketch the design out on the tape, transfer an cut out on the varnished model. This should then give me viable stencils so I can spray on the gold or whichever colour and get the detailing done really quickly.

Or at least faster than trying to do each individually across 10 vehicles.

So far the red seems pretty popular, so I did a very quick mock up of 2 dragon designs.

I apologise in advance for my extreme crappy art skills.

Hopefully you can visualise what I am going for here.

gallery 79710 12004 792626 Red Top updated

gallery 79710 12004 792626 Red Top updated 2

I added the cream/white stripes to try and tie it in with the Spartan. The red dot is where a legion symbol would go (possibly)

However after doing this I found 2 other designs I really like

871e41907ed160ae4cfb0ce2af79c731

and

jormungandr

What do you think?

Typhon.

I was thinking tis for the front siege shield

thCAL65UYD

I would adapt it and change out the runes for this vehicles name. (To be decided)

I was also considering these designs to run down the sides.

L

This one is similar in style to the Spartan, as in it is a bit more celtic/saxon than Norse so it is more lines than knot work, so like the Spartan it gives off a bit more of an old school vibe.

But again I really like the inverse design where it would be a lot more gold with the grey doing the line work.

I could then ding it up a bit and make it look aged.

wolf

I like this too, but dropping the runic name on the bottom

Fenrir Design Copyright 01

And this. It is almost identical to the Spartan, basically an adaptation of the design.

My big concern is that it looks too similar

norse dragon right By metal storm

Land Raiders

So I have 5 Land Raiders on the go just now

1 has FW doors on it, so the problem is partly solved, right?

Kinda.

I used 1 of these 3 designs for the Land Raider Achiles (Herja).

So I plan to use the other 2, to give my Land Raiders some uniformity, but still some uniqueness

4fd25608db21810413ab6061051c909e

Then use this for another

Th

So that is 4 Land Raiders dealt with.

The last Raider

House Stark Wallpaper 15

Winter is truly coming!!

So what is left on the list?!?

DROP PODS

In reality I just need to do a design for 1 as the other has its doors glued down in a crater.

I want to keep it simple for the lone drop pod, as I will have to repeat the design 5 times, o I am going for a simple knot work dragon head.

viking knot postkarten r7bdbbe8c036843d9bf27c94151e63600 vgbaq 8byvr 512

This just leaves the Scorpius and the Predator.

I was thinking these designs for the Scorpius.

The first is dragons, which breaks with my theme so far, but reason that it is raining missiles down from on high.

viking knot By paivatar d5laee8

The other goes back to the fact that this is a relic so a bit old-school.

Represents Fenrir

fenrir

Predator

Again it is a relic, and besides the turret, where I plan to put this

Celtic Hawk Tattoos 04

There is precious little to do knot work with except the rear hatch

mjolnir By nirvanaoftime d59o1uq

Celtic Dragon Tattoo

wolfy.jpg

So there is a lot to take in, but I would appreciate your thoughts (I bet the first thought is that this guy is mucho loco!!)

so much to take in... :wacko.:

i loved the long boat idea ! sorry for the late response on it :blush.:,

The red on the sides with the first dragon design looks real promising :wub.:

Typhon - the siege shield pic is terrific and would work well.

drop pod rune- The simple dragon head rune looks very effective and seems very repeatable (quickly) which for the amount of runes seems logical

i'd even go so far as to say that it looks like it would go well as a company wide symbol !

med_gallery_79710_9938_21824.jpg

cheers Mithril

It would make a cool  company design,

I will bear it in mind. As I would use it, however as we know nothing about the 30K Wolf markings apart from it looks like they will be using the same tactical/ destroyer markings etc.

So things like pack markings might be gone altogether along with Wolves having great company markings, leaving them with that stupid Ragnar wolf head for a legion symbol.

I knew FW would take the Space Wolves down a different path to their 40K incarnation, but I am hoping they retain some individuality an not just be lost in the crowd of standardisation.

Just got to trust them, right?

But yes ig great company markings are allowed I could see this being worked further into my army :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing to show, but a bit of a rant.

:censored: forgeworld??
Inferno delayed again??? This is getting as bad as the edinburgh trams or scottish parliament building.

Wolves are rumoured to get a special version of the only unit not updated in lacal so borderline worst
Their unique consul is a librarian. They call it rune priest but we all know what that is. A frickin librarian.

What about wulfen? meant to be completely different to 40k. Yup. No sign of them.

The 6th a legion like no other? Yup cos there is no legion. We have literally squat. Just some random incomplete upgrades.

Also sounds like they are stripping almost anything unique out. Welcome to the grey bland marines.

Yet DA are getting tons of cool stuff Custodes just around the corner.

t-sons got multiple upgrades contemtors etc and will get a cool unique psyker assassin unit.

Completely de-motivated to do anything hobby related.

Oh and bar a stormbird no new images to show any further work on Wolves. Literally every image was a rehash of images from previus events.

Think I'll finish my etl stuff and callit a day.

Edited by Flint13
don't doge the swear filter plz

I am actually going to stay optimistic on this one. I think FW will show SW alot of love, on PAR with UM IF and WB/ They are one of the staples of 40k and would draw alot of 40k players into 30k.  As far as the sons go, FW had to choose either the sons of wolves to give more attention to first and it happened to be the sons. I think/hope it is taking longer to do the wolves so that they don't have cartoony feel to them. I would much rather them take their time on pelts units and upgrades and get it right rather than just release it to release it. Remember both russ and his wolves have been completed. We will get our primarch and his pets before the sons do. So stay optimistic i think we are going to have ALOT of fun toys when the time comes

I did optimism for the first 1.5-2 years of delay.

Now I'm just wanting something beyond boring shoulder pads

You should do a very descriptive post of what you'd like to see. Both for models, weapons, equipment and rules.

I did optimism for the first 1.5-2 years of delay.

Now I'm just wanting something beyond boring shoulder pads

You should do a very descriptive post of what you'd like to see. Both for models, weapons, equipment and rules.

I delete my original reply, as it was angry and going further off topic

Sorry for the slight derail Dantay

Edited by Wolf Lord Kieran

According to Garro on Heresy30K there is no delay to VII; it was the imperial armour book that was delayed. This toxic combination of rumours without sources leads to real hurt feelings which shouldn't exist! 

regarding the talk of prospero being delayed. it hasn't it has always been schedule for the end of the year. (nov/dec)

the imperial armour book covering tau Vs adeptus mechanius is whats been delayed, being moved from late summer to mid autumn/fall.

As i have only started the wolves a month ago, i guess im lucky and won't really have to wait as long as most. But as far as i can remember inferno as been set for late 16 early 17. Haha i just want to know how to paint my wolves...i am seeing ALOT of white especially on shoulder pads

@ Dantay: ill get back to your thread now. I am exploring knotwork, have you seen any good celtic stencils? I want to do some for my leviathan

Edited by betrayer41

The only thing I have seen wolves related from Forgeworld that has interested me is Russ.  

The last open day did more for getting me excited about my DA project than my wolves one , and that's a touch sad really.

I feel like if were gonna get a special Rune Priest consul  he could very well be worth building depending on wargear and if he gets the support officer rule.  

As far as a Destroyer unit ? ./boggle

Well I guess we will have to wait for the book and the subsequent novels to see what thats about.

Destroyers are probably one of the worst units in the Red Book right now given how many points a lot of things dropped and how they stayed quite expensive.

It certainly feels like  Forgeworld is trying real hard not to let wolf players down but at the same time they aren't giving us anything to be excited for either. 

The only thing I have seen wolves related from Forgeworld that has interested me is Russ.

The last open day did more for getting me excited about my DA project than my wolves one , and that's a touch sad really.

I feel like if were gonna get a special Rune Priest consul he could very well be worth building depending on wargear and if he gets the support officer rule.

As far as a Destroyer unit ? ./boggle

Well I guess we will have to wait for the book and the subsequent novels to see what thats about.

Destroyers are probably one of the worst units in the Red Book right now given how many points a lot of things dropped and how they stayed quite expensive.

It certainly feels like Forgeworld is trying real hard not to let wolf players down but at the same time they aren't giving us anything to be excited for either.

Haha very well said. When I saw destroyer unit I thought like a badass cc rampager type unit until I remembered destroyers are an actual unit then I got sad again

Sorry Charlo but no. I havent typed in bold capitals or cursed. I havent insulted any frater.

I think I am relatively calm.

Lsst event playtesting was done & dusted Bligh knew where totake things and was getting it on paper.

Now the excuse is tweaking playtesting again.

That is complete horse-crap.

To say the legion isnt evolved after 190 years with its Primarch.

Are the Fist, Ultras etc more or less evolved at this point?

Horse-crap.

To say Bjorn shouldnt get rules because he is a nobody. The biggest pile of horse crap. In everything Heresy Bjorn was there. He rescued Hawser at the start of Prospero Burns He eas amomgst the Jarls. He had some influence by Prospero and he slayed the Daemon which killed scores of Wolves and a dread.

Hardly a freaking nobody.

Beyond besides Gunn who dies and Jarl of Tra who could be used as named characters. Maybe Godsmote.

FW dont give 2 hoots about Wolves & I doubt we will see the book before next summer.

By then no hype because all focus is on book 8.

I literally cannot assemble a single unit because I know that little about them and have precisely zero rules.

So no Charlo. Do not tell me to keep faith.

Keeping faith is entirely on your shoulders, but you actually need to bring it down a notch. I will not have this forum start heading toward what the Chaos forum used to be. I've been in this game since '99 and believe me, I know how frustrating it can be waiting for them to show some love to your favorite Chapter or Legion.

You might say you're calm, but the tone of your posts when I read them doesn't seem so to me. You can vent, but choose your words a little better or any future such posts will be edited or simply removed.

Also, getting too invested in the fluff vs the rules that get published is usually a good way to get your blood pressure up.

Charlo I apologise if i was a bit terse with you.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage
You don't seem to understand what I said.

I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.

You're upset with Forge World and what you perceive as a personal slight against you and the other Wolves players, and that's fine; everyone is entitled to their opinion and you can express it, as I mentioned previously. What you're not entitled to do is to sling your vitriolic rants all over my forum. Keep it civil, or the next infraction gets you a warning point.

Thank you Balthamal for picking this up for me!!

Looks like the open day wasn't a complete bust!

Will keep him pretty much stock and run him in 40K as Egil Ironwolf, maybe in 30K as a Siege breaker 

20160721 134631

20160721 134638