Nusquams 30k WIP Thread 6/14/17 - Finished Atrapos

Nusquam

Thank ye

Finally assembled the breachers with the shapeways shields. I got the ones with the hands but they didn't line up very well so I turned the hands on the shields into a mount to attach to the vambrace of normally assembled tacs. Worked pretty well. Can't beat the price either.

16358069_10154423303468737_1550079528_o.

Dude - that's awesome! It looks so spindly and imposing with the lengthened legs, and the weathered metal colour is fantastic! Have you considered doing a glow effect with the eyes like you did with some of the runes/back-mounted generators? Just some food for thought! happy.png

regarding arms on the mk iii breachers (presume these are BoP mk iii) especially bolter arms - do they 'naturally' fit snuggly in the shield bolter slot or is it a case of modifying them / using resin arms? Have some shields from shapeways under way (the IF version, but it looks like it's the same base as these) and wondering whether other bits would be needed.

regarding arms on the mk iii breachers (presume these are BoP mk iii) especially bolter arms - do they 'naturally' fit snuggly in the shield bolter slot or is it a case of modifying them / using resin arms? Have some shields from shapeways under way (the IF version, but it looks like it's the same base as these) and wondering whether other bits would be needed.

I got the shield with the hands and files the hands into a curved mounting apparatus, then I built the MKIII like a regular tac marine, then clipped a bit off the vambrace to make it a smooth inverse curve of the shield mount, and then just affixed the shield to the vambrace.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived