ETL Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

Why can't Mastery Level 2 count? I did them last year because there is a difference between the Codicier and Epistolary. It is the difference between the Halo and the Skull being added in when painting them. If we go through the trouble of painting in these tiny skulls on their robes I think that should count for the points.

The general rule is that if you do the effort you deserve the points. What I don't want to see is people adding rules on their entry attempting to earn free points with no effort. If you paint the Epistolary logo then you deserve Epistolary points.

I'm confused above Jolemai stated: 

"Captain Semper has already hinted that the challenge window and basic rules will be the same as last year. This means that we can assume the following:

Challenge window 01/05/15 - 01/08/15, however, you must submit your first vow before 01/06/15.". It is already past January? or am I being stupid and the month is in the middle and the day on the left. My apologies if so.... heh I've never done a pledge but i would love to now. May I use an Imperial knight towards BA ETL?

It's European style date....

And yes Imperial Knights are allowed for every faction! :)

Great! Last year I represented the Minotaurs. This year, I have just purchased a ton of stuff for an Angel Vermillion force, so I hope to be able to get some points this year! I'm currently working on a Tac squad that will get me started, after that I will have their style down and I'll hit the ground running when it all starts with a full Vanguard squad,  10 DC, and 5 Sanguinary Guard at a minimum.

I am almost certainly in and have been doing a lot of building, but no painting. And I have all summer off. msn-wink.gif

Not a formal vow, but there will be at least a Fragioso, a Libby dread, a Contemptor and...something else large and bipedal. May be many tactical, assault and DC too, as well as sundry vehicles. We shall see.

Hi guys,

I was already making my first lists of unpainted miniatures for my angels encarmine. I have about 1500 points unpainted.

Also in April, I am thinking of buying one or two units more, to reach around 2.000 or 2200 pts. I plan to paint two dreadnoughts furiosos, two tactical squads, one squad of  assault terminators, one of devastators and a couple of vehicles.

I can´t wait for the ETL. I really enjoy it. And thanks to ETL I am completing an entire company of angels encarmine!!!!

I'll definitely be making a vow or two - on what depends what I get done between now and then. So how does the actual pledging work? Will there be a separate thread for that, and will the link to it be posted here?

There will be a separate thread called a strategium, with instructions, which will be opened when the ETL begins.

Question re: counts-as....

I've got some a squad of FW Legion Recon Marines that I will be using as Scouts w/sniper rifles.  Is it OK to put them up in the ETL as Scouts, even though the models are not 40k?  Similarly, I'll be converting some Scions to Scouts.  Is this kosher?

Absolutely fine! :)

I just started putting together a BA force for the first time with current codex. I've got a ton of units that I'm in the process of re-purposing/priming. I'll be keeping my eye out for the sign-up thread! A few dreads (one of which is a converted up libby I'm pretty proud of), a LRCrusader, several squads of infantry.. Makes me glad I've been a little hung up on the kitbashing/converting aspect! Let's do this!

Archived